PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Two behavioral interviews and a technical interview. Given the reputation of the firm, it's to your advantage to meet the recruiters as early as possible in your college career. Essentially, if they don't recognize your name in the resume pile, your chances have diminished considerably. It's another advantage to apply for the the various summer programs or internships so that they're aware of who you are. The easiest interview track is to be accepted into an internship and then be offered the job at the end of the experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you worked with a team and there was tension in the group.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I got the email ask me to phone interview with a manger. Phone interview was all about behavior questions.
    Two weeks later got the email ask to to onsite. 30 Min with director, and 30 Min with the manager. Behavior questions and some very technical questions.
    3 days later, got the email ask me to do phone interview with the partner. 30 Min was very causal conversation. They wanted to get to know your personality.
    4 Days after the final round, got the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I participated in campus recruiting. Very friendly and approachable consultants came for an initial introduction of the company and role. Be sure to follow up with these people as they have a role in grading the candidates (or at least ensuring their resumes are screened more thoroughly). I had 1 in-person on campus interview and 3 final round interviews in their Chicago office (usually the nearest bug office near your campus)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Go through my resume, and ask some general questions about my experience in resume

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly, and helpful along the process. One of my favorite companies I've interviewed with.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I had different circumstances, applied through a specific program. Typically for campus hires there are multiple case interviews. I have done recruiting however, and PwC looks for a high GPA (typically above 3.5 at least) and demonstrated leadership.

Associate Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the position and received a call within a few days requesting a time for a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was basically general information about my resume and my experience within my role. It lasted about 20 minutes.

Within a week I was contacted again to schedule a phone interview with a manager on the team. The manager asked me several questions related to my experience, skills and tools I've used. He was very nice. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

After a few days I was contacted to schedule another 30 minute phone interview with the Director of the team. I believe normally canadiates only have 1 phone interview with a Director but for some reason I had both manager and Director. Director asked very similar questions to managerand was also nice.

A week later I was asked to come into the office for an in person interview. I was a local canadiate so I did not need travel arrangements but they did offer to pay for air and hotel. When I arrived I was greeted by a host who took me to all 4 of my 30 minute interviews (1 partner, 1 manager, 2 directors). All of the interviews went very well with all questions around my experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate my offer, it was lower than expected.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

I didn't have a typical recruiting process. A friend of the family forwarded my resume on to the HR department at PWC and I was contacted via email about an initial phone screen. The phone screen took 30-45min with a Director in the Advisory practice. Three days later I received an email asking me to do an office visit in Chicago.

The office visit consisted of two days of activities. The first day/night was a dinner with recent hires as well as seniors in the Advisory practice. The following day was an office welcome, two interviews with a director and then a partner, an office tour and then a question/answer panel. Overall the interview process was fairly easy. They asked basic questions about my resume, class work, group projects etc. It was more of a conversational interview then anything which made the time go by very quickly.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked on a group project? What was the project? and describe the process from start to finish.   Answer Question
    • Why PWC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

For as big as PwC is, I felt that they spent a very minimal amount of time with candidates. I think that is a mix of their ability to quickly judge fit and skills and because of how large the organization is. It was informative but was hard to get an idea of what I would be doing specifically.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked through a process from start to finish? Can you draw that process on the board for me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

Interview Process:
    Phone Interview with HR
    Phone Interview with Director (From the Practice)
    On-site Interview with Directors (4 Directors)

The phone interviews were basically just background check and discussions around career experiences. On-site interviews were job-related questions (process, technical skilss, etc).