PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment and had a 30 min phone interview with an employee. After the phone interview, I was invited to the super day in Chicago office. A few days before the super day (about 48 hours) I was emailed material for a case study. You could get familiarized with the case but wouldn't receive questions until the super day. The super day started with about an hour to prep a presentation to answer the questions that they give you. Then, current employees walk you around from interviewer to interviewer. I had 3 one-on-one interviews, and presented my case presentation to the last interviewer (other candidates presented to the first interview, some to the second). Mostly behavioral, situational questions aside from the case. I got a call a few days later with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to work in a difficult group setting? How did you manage to succeed or work with each other?   1 Answer
  • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Totally have 4 rounds of interviews. First was an interview with HR, the second round was interviewed by a senior manager, the third was a case interview, which you would be given the case 48 hours prior to the interview. 45 mins before the interview you would be provided with the questions. The first three rounds were all conducted via phone or google hangout. the final round was onsite and consisted of two back to back behavior interviews. One with a manager and another with a partner. The overall experience was not too bad, the case was pretty straightforward and behavior questions were just like those typical questions you could possibly find on the internet.

Interview Questions

• Give me a moment that your and your team were challenged during a project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

It's very conversational. No typical behavior questions. All based on resume. The interviewer is very nice. It's a relatively casual interview. Make sure you can explain in detail for every piece of your resume. The dinner before the interview date is super helpful. Prepare a lot of questions. It was a 45-min interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why chose your major. what core classes have you taken at school.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in September 2016.

Interview

One on campus case interview. One virtual interview, and once you get the offer, you are invited to the office visit celebration.
    The case will be sent 2 days before the interview day. The virtual interview was all behavioral questions. Be yourself. Prepared good questions to ask, and you will be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process from beginning to end was very well structured. The recruiter who contacted me was very responsive, answered all of my questions from beginning to end. The process from the first email to the offer took 30 days. I interviewed with a manager, a managing director, and a director. All three took place the same day back to back in what they called a "super day".

Interview Questions

• All interview questions focused around the PwC five pillars, my experience, and other hypotheticals. Specifically, on if Ï had ever provided critique o a team member and what that experience was"; "Why I wanted to work in consulting", why I wanted to work for PwC; "had I ever had to provide advice to senior management and what the result was"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A friend submitted my resume internally and I was contacted by the recruiter about two weeks later. The first interview consisted of a 45-min phone conversation with a manager. He asked how I heard about PwC, why I am looking for a new job, what kind of projects I am interested in, and told me to give a 3-min speech describing a problem, methodology, and proposed deliverables for audience who just want a high-level overview vs. those who are detail-oriented. It's important to stay calm and have a good sense of humor throughout. The recruiter scheduled me for the second phone interview with a partner about two days later. We basically walked through my resume in detail and discussed why I am interested in advisory. Right after that, the recruiter invited me to the last in-person interview. I received some case materials on Wednesday night before the interview on Friday. It's important to read the case thoroughly so you are prepared for any curve ball they might throw at you. When I arrived at the office, I was assigned to a room and given a laptop and 45 min to prepare for a 5-10 min PowerPoint proposal presentation based on the materials I received prior. I was able to build ~5 slides and presented them to one of the interviewers. In total, I was interviewed by two directors, a partner, and a manager, each for about 45 min. Be prepared to answer questions related to your resume and also come up with enough questions to ask the interviewers. I received a verbal offer from the recruiter the following Monday and the official letter about a month later. Overall it was a great experience and the recruiter was really friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Give a 3-min speech (problem, methodology, and proposed deliverables)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

No technical questions, its basically a "get to know you initial interview" then the follow up interviews are mostly behavioral questions. The on campus interview process varies slightly from region to region, but typically you will be initially interviewed by a manager or director from the group. If you can pass that one, then you will get an office visit and 3 interviews with a Manager, Director and Partner. Then the final offers go out. The whole process moves fairly quickly from start to finish in roughly about two-three weeks time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a group and one of the members did not share the same opinion as the the others. How was that situation resolved?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

3 Behavioral type interviews and 1 Case interview
    Interviewers were all knowledgeable and subject matter expertise on their job - relevant questions got fully answered while non-relevant questions got short ans

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      How did you work with difficult and demanding clients in the past
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Relaxed and comfortable process with enthusiastic interviewers. We finished the interview process first and then started talking about our interests. They were very nice about answering my questions about the company. Thanks to the nature of this process, I was able to connect at a personal level to the interviewers which may have been the deciding factor in my acceptance.

Interview Questions

• If you were a team lead and you find two team members disagreeing with each other to such an extent that it has started impeding the team dynamics and the work output, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • You have been working with a client and you are close to the project delivery date. You realise that some of the assumptions you made at the beginning were incorrect and some of the work you have done has become useless. What would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

90 minutes-45m behavirol questions and 45m technical questions. Two phone interviews because of the whether they can't come to campus. The interview was done in the moring, and during the late evening, got the invitation to come to the final round. Campus interview was one for one and rotational, meaning that two interviewes will test your fit, technical skills and presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. What is LBO model