PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment and had a 30 min phone interview with an employee. After the phone interview, I was invited to the super day in Chicago office. A few days before the super day (about 48 hours) I was emailed material for a case study. You could get familiarized with the case but wouldn't receive questions until the super day. The super day started with about an hour to prep a presentation to answer the questions that they give you. Then, current employees walk you around from interviewer to interviewer. I had 3 one-on-one interviews, and presented my case presentation to the last interviewer (other candidates presented to the first interview, some to the second). Mostly behavioral, situational questions aside from the case. I got a call a few days later with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to work in a difficult group setting? How did you manage to succeed or work with each other?   1 Answer
  • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

3 phone interviews, 2 with HR and 1 with someone in the advisory field. Took a total of one month. HR was very thorough and told me everything I did wrong. Was not a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First round phone interview with recruiter. Second round with manager on phone (behavioral). Third round flown out for super day which was just one behavioral and one case. They sent the case 48 hours before the interview so you have time to study. Process was slightly unorganized and I was not impressed with my behavioral interviewer. He grilled me on my knowledge of the pharma industry (applied as generalist) and what my favorite podcasts were (he went to a rival LAC which i think might have been why).

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an on campus interview first with two behavioral interviews (one about technical skills from work/school and one about your leadership and team skills). Next, we were invited to a final round with one behavioral and one case study interview. I did not interview with anyone from the area I was interested in nor did anyone know anything about the recruiting process that I interviewed with. No one seemed to know what the recruitment process looked like but said a recruiter would be in contact. Very vague. Just being specific with the interview questions and knowing the case study helps a lot. I received a call a few days after the final round saying they are not hiring for management consultants currently because they filled the positions from interns so the entire process was a waste of time. Not sure why they are interviewing if they are not hiring for the position. Would have been fine with just a "no" answer rather than letting me know I wasted my time. Seemed extremely unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a detailed project or task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. There are all behavior questions. I was interviewed by two recruiter. And they asked similar questions. And let me to ask a lot questions. I think they may want the person to have more background about this position which called cybersecurity advisory. However, I did not have a lot background. So at the end, we did not have too many words. I do think the preparation of the behavior questions are pretty important and show the knowledge which is related to the job description!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of behavioral interviews. Campus interview. First round was with a Director and second with a Manager. General behavioral questions and questions about past experiences. Each round was 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your manager didn't agree with your opinion on something and how you dealt with it. What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC in September 2015.

Interview

On campus 30 min interviews with 2 Directors. One was condescending, other was very stern, did not smile even once. Surprisingly the second director was easier to deal with and was more receptive to my answers.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

My process went really fast. I had the telephone interview on a Wednesday of the week of 2/9/15. I had my in person interview with 2 directors and a manager that following friday and then the partner interview on a Wednesday evening the following week. All interview were 2-3 business days a part.

I haven't yet had a response and its been exactly one week since my partner interview. Has anyone received an offer after a week or so? Or how soon did you receive your offer? I heard I did very well and was one of 2 final candidates.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to change the direction of a project while in the middle?   6 Answers

Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

Submit resume and unofficial transcript during the online application process. Before the interview, I talked to a senior associate and after that a senior manager interviewed me. The interview was mainly about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How you lead yourself, how you lead others, how you lead yourself and others   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I got the interview from campus hiring program. There are two processes. One phone interview and then onsite interview. The phone interview is not hard, basic screening questions. Got the onsite interview invitation but declined.