PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.9

156 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

As far as I can remember, there will be three test first, logical, english, and technical test, around 45-60 mins each. If you pass then you will be interviewed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment and had a 30 min phone interview with an employee. After the phone interview, I was invited to the super day in Chicago office. A few days before the super day (about 48 hours) I was emailed material for a case study. You could get familiarized with the case but wouldn't receive questions until the super day. The super day started with about an hour to prep a presentation to answer the questions that they give you. Then, current employees walk you around from interviewer to interviewer. I had 3 one-on-one interviews, and presented my case presentation to the last interviewer (other candidates presented to the first interview, some to the second). Mostly behavioral, situational questions aside from the case. I got a call a few days later with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to work in a difficult group setting? How did you manage to succeed or work with each other?   1 Answer
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process included two parts:

1: Two behavioral interviews on campus
    2: Case Interview and behavioral interviews on site (Chicago)

The first part included back to back interviews with current managers. The second part included a case study with a partner and another behavioral interview with a partner.

I heard back the same day as the second round interview in Chicago.

They paid for everything for the interview in Chicago

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Application Form - Dont make mistakes and don't like about any qualifications etc.
    Online Tests - Make sure you practise online before you attempt them
    Assessment Centre - Be friendly but don't loose focus. Listen to everyones opinion when conducting the group task.
    Partner Interview - Prepare well and be at ease

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process from beginning to end was very well structured. The recruiter who contacted me was very responsive, answered all of my questions from beginning to end. The process from the first email to the offer took 30 days. I interviewed with a manager, a managing director, and a director. All three took place the same day back to back in what they called a "super day".

Interview Questions

• All interview questions focused around the PwC five pillars, my experience, and other hypotheticals. Specifically, on if Ï had ever provided critique o a team member and what that experience was"; "Why I wanted to work in consulting", why I wanted to work for PwC; "had I ever had to provide advice to senior management and what the result was"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Case interview, materials were provided in advance, you prep a deck before the interview and present to a director/partner
    Heard back within the same day!

They fly you out and book a really nice hotel downtown - close to office.

Post-interview was actually my favorite part. My interviewers were more than willing to schedule long calls to discuss what they enjoyed with the firm and their visions for their teams. Got a great book recommendation too. Had multiple offers from other consulting firms but felt most home at PwC

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

I had different circumstances, applied through a specific program. Typically for campus hires there are multiple case interviews. I have done recruiting however, and PwC looks for a high GPA (typically above 3.5 at least) and demonstrated leadership.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

First a campus interview which was partly behavioral and partly technical. Second round interview was in the office, three part with two behavioral/resume and one case study. Seemed to really be looking for a quality fit on top of just competency.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in November 2014.

Interview

It was a super day. It started with a ice breaking game. Then group discussion. We were divided into two groups. After discussion, we two groupsrespectively did the presentations to deliver our conclusions. Then there was a written test, to write an email in a situation. After the lunch with managers and partners, we had the individual presentations. The preparation time was 5 mins and the presentation time is also 5mins. After that, we had manager interview and partner interview.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Consisted of three interviews: two behavioral and one case interview. Behavioral interviews were targeting four of the five company employee characteristics including a global perspective, technical acumen, etc. The case interview was given 48 hours in advance to allow preparation. Final questions given at the start of the interview and allowed 45 minutes to prepare a slide show presentation (written out by hand on paper slides) making a recommendation and present to interviewee posing as the client.

Interview Questions

• Case interview was the most challenging and nerve wracking, but it is used to show your train of thought and critical thinking skills rather than a right or wrong answer.   1 Answer