PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.9

154 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

had to come in to take the logic, math and technical test. technical test very comprehensive so do prepared. called in shortly for a few rounds of interview with managerial level and directors. Alot of financial technical questions similar to IB interviews - so brush up.
They postponed partner interview last minute for a few times - partner glossed over technicals and gave a case study.
After partner round, I received offer within 2 days.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment and had a 30 min phone interview with an employee. After the phone interview, I was invited to the super day in Chicago office. A few days before the super day (about 48 hours) I was emailed material for a case study. You could get familiarized with the case but wouldn't receive questions until the super day. The super day started with about an hour to prep a presentation to answer the questions that they give you. Then, current employees walk you around from interviewer to interviewer. I had 3 one-on-one interviews, and presented my case presentation to the last interviewer (other candidates presented to the first interview, some to the second). Mostly behavioral, situational questions aside from the case. I got a call a few days later with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to work in a difficult group setting? How did you manage to succeed or work with each other?   1 Answer
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interview lasts for around 25 mins. Some general questions are asked about your personality, your experience and your understanding of PwC.

I feel like the interview questions are same for everyone as it is outsourced to another external party. The questions are not really difficult but more on your general ability.

For example, there is some situational questions, about your team work, challenges faced and how you overcome it.

Interview Questions

• Give me a current news and how does that news affect the performance of PwC   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process included two parts:

1: Two behavioral interviews on campus
    2: Case Interview and behavioral interviews on site (Chicago)

The first part included back to back interviews with current managers. The second part included a case study with a partner and another behavioral interview with a partner.

I heard back the same day as the second round interview in Chicago.

They paid for everything for the interview in Chicago

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Totally have 4 rounds of interviews. First was an interview with HR, the second round was interviewed by a senior manager, the third was a case interview, which you would be given the case 48 hours prior to the interview. 45 mins before the interview you would be provided with the questions. The first three rounds were all conducted via phone or google hangout. the final round was onsite and consisted of two back to back behavior interviews. One with a manager and another with a partner. The overall experience was not too bad, the case was pretty straightforward and behavior questions were just like those typical questions you could possibly find on the internet.

Interview Questions

• Give me a moment that your and your team were challenged during a project.   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in September 2016.

Interview

One on campus case interview. One virtual interview, and once you get the offer, you are invited to the office visit celebration.
    The case will be sent 2 days before the interview day. The virtual interview was all behavioral questions. Be yourself. Prepared good questions to ask, and you will be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

It's very conversational. No typical behavior questions. All based on resume. The interviewer is very nice. It's a relatively casual interview. Make sure you can explain in detail for every piece of your resume. The dinner before the interview date is super helpful. Prepare a lot of questions. It was a 45-min interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why chose your major. what core classes have you taken at school.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Manchester, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Application Form - Dont make mistakes and don't like about any qualifications etc.
    Online Tests - Make sure you practise online before you attempt them
    Assessment Centre - Be friendly but don't loose focus. Listen to everyones opinion when conducting the group task.
    Partner Interview - Prepare well and be at ease

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (Milan (Italy)) in January 2016.

Interview

three question about valuation theory and reasoning about the applicability of different valuation methods. A motivational background and a brief discussion about the news related to the italia banking industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me two ways to valuate a bank   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview at NYU career fair, second round at office. Find round I met a manager, a director and the partner. Very concersational interview. Be prepared to ask them questions. Good questions make you stand out.

Interview Questions

• Call option payoff structure. Relationship of spot rate and forward rate   Answer Question