PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.9

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

3 phone interviews, 2 with HR and 1 with someone in the advisory field. Took a total of one month. HR was very thorough and told me everything I did wrong. Was not a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First round phone interview with recruiter. Second round with manager on phone (behavioral). Third round flown out for super day which was just one behavioral and one case. They sent the case 48 hours before the interview so you have time to study. Process was slightly unorganized and I was not impressed with my behavioral interviewer. He grilled me on my knowledge of the pharma industry (applied as generalist) and what my favorite podcasts were (he went to a rival LAC which i think might have been why).

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview at NYU career fair, second round at office. Find round I met a manager, a director and the partner. Very concersational interview. Be prepared to ask them questions. Good questions make you stand out.

Interview Questions

• Call option payoff structure. Relationship of spot rate and forward rate   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Advisory Analytics group. TL;DR: Lots of fit questions. Enjoy yourself and have fun getting to know the people in the office and in your interviews.

First round: on campus, two 30 minute behavioral interviews with PwC managers.

Be very familiar with your resume, and know what your critical points are for each section. Think of it as structured conversation. Talk lightly, but have a point to what you're saying. There are a few behavioral questions that may relate to technical challenges you've faced, working in groups, ethical scenarios, etc. There was plenty of time to chat at the end, so have questions ready, and feel free to talk about what interests you with respect to your interviewers' work, PwC, general trends in the area you're applying for, etc. Conversational skills are good.

Intermission: Case overview packet sent via email, 48 hours prior to second round. You may do research and take notes, but you may not prepare (hand-drawn) slides prior to arriving at the site. The case is a few pages long, and includes an industry overview, a description of major players in the case, and a description of the problem being faced, along with some expected challenges. It also has a page or two of appendices for background.

Second round: PwC office, 1 30-45 minute case interview, 1 30-45 minute behavioral, both with director level or above. You'll also have an associate or senior associate that's your buddy for your time at the office. They're fun to talk to, and definitely a good source of info on office culture and engagement experience.

Case:

You have 45 minutes to draw a paper deck to go along with your case interview. It's done as a roleplay, where you're the PwC engagement leader, making a proposal to an executive at the potential client firm. Great place to showcase your analytical and problem-solving abilities, presentation skills, organizational skills, etc. Know what story you're going to tell when you go in for the case. There was time afterwards to talk, ask questions, etc. Have some idea of what your hobbies are, what you like to do in your free time.

Behavioral:

Much the same as the first round. Again, lots of fit questions, and the usual resume walkthrough.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

First around behavioral and second round case interview plus behavioral. The whole process is very pleasant interviewers are all very nice. They focus on the global acumen business acumen and tech acumen. Be sure to prepare for these questions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was selected for an interview through campus recruiting. First round was 2 30 minute interviews. One was technical the other behavioral. Round 2 consisted of a case interview and another behavioral interview. The case interview consisted of putting together a presentation in 45 minutes and then presenting to your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group and someone was not pulling their weight?

Give me you elevator pitch.
      1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an on campus interview first with two behavioral interviews (one about technical skills from work/school and one about your leadership and team skills). Next, we were invited to a final round with one behavioral and one case study interview. I did not interview with anyone from the area I was interested in nor did anyone know anything about the recruiting process that I interviewed with. No one seemed to know what the recruitment process looked like but said a recruiter would be in contact. Very vague. Just being specific with the interview questions and knowing the case study helps a lot. I received a call a few days after the final round saying they are not hiring for management consultants currently because they filled the positions from interns so the entire process was a waste of time. Not sure why they are interviewing if they are not hiring for the position. Would have been fine with just a "no" answer rather than letting me know I wasted my time. Seemed extremely unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a detailed project or task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was good, they are friendly, case interview and behavioral. Both were nice. Office is quite good in Chicago. The partner takes case interview and the director takes the behavioral one. So it is good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. There are all behavior questions. I was interviewed by two recruiter. And they asked similar questions. And let me to ask a lot questions. I think they may want the person to have more background about this position which called cybersecurity advisory. However, I did not have a lot background. So at the end, we did not have too many words. I do think the preparation of the behavior questions are pretty important and show the knowledge which is related to the job description!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, phone interview, final round interview with a 1:1 interview and case study presentation. The case study was given two days before the final round interview and there were 45 minutes to hand-write a slide deck to present.