PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

2.9

Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

Submit resume and unofficial transcript during the online application process. Before the interview, I talked to a senior associate and after that a senior manager interviewed me. The interview was mainly about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• How you lead yourself, how you lead others, how you lead yourself and others   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Did it through on campus recruiting. One round on campus and second round they flew me onsite. Everyone I met was very nice and I can tell they care a lot about the candidates. Finally declined offer because I joined a different industry, but the overall impression throughout the process was extremely positive.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

First round was on campus and consisted of a single behavioral/fit interview with a manager
    Second round was at the Chicago office and consisted of 2 behavioral/fit interviews and one case study. An overview of the case was send to us 48 hours before our interview, and on the day of the interview we were given 45 minutes to create a presentation to answer a business question also given the day of.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current events?
      Why do you want to be a consultant?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

First a campus interview which was partly behavioral and partly technical. Second round interview was in the office, three part with two behavioral/resume and one case study. Seemed to really be looking for a quality fit on top of just competency.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The first round interview was fairly typical. They asked me about my background and internships and a couple behavioral questions ("Why consulting/PwC?", "Tell me about a time when...").

They informed me a couple days later that I got a final round interview. 48 hours before it, they sent me a case study that I had to familiarize myself with. It was a few pages long, and decently complicated. When I arrived at the PwC office, they gave me and the other candidates an hour to create hard copy powerpoint slides based on questions they had on our cases. We then had three interviews in a row, each lasting half an hour. Two were behavioral interviews (they asked me about my traveling experiences, general resume questions, and again a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions, but nothing too unexpected), and the third was the case. I had to present my presentation to the interviewer as if he was the client, which was the most nerve wracking of the three.

They called me later that day with a verbal offer!

Interview Questions

• The case was the most difficult part. Make sure you have good presentation skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate. It's a national position, so negotiating would be a little more difficult.

Application

Interview

I got the interview from campus hiring program. There are two processes. One phone interview and then onsite interview. The phone interview is not hard, basic screening questions. Got the onsite interview invitation but declined.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Consisted of three interviews: two behavioral and one case interview. Behavioral interviews were targeting four of the five company employee characteristics including a global perspective, technical acumen, etc. The case interview was given 48 hours in advance to allow preparation. Final questions given at the start of the interview and allowed 45 minutes to prepare a slide show presentation (written out by hand on paper slides) making a recommendation and present to interviewee posing as the client.

Interview Questions

• Case interview was the most challenging and nerve wracking, but it is used to show your train of thought and critical thinking skills rather than a right or wrong answer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a 30minute phone call interview. The interview asks questions about your basic resume asking you to explain experiences. Then it went onto the formal in person interviews which is a process of three one on one interviews with managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• What are some apps that you use and why do you use them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very normal type recruitment process. Three screening phone interviews with full-time associates followed by a office interview with two managers in a panel setting at the new york office. Classic investment banking questions since this was a corporate finance oriented role. The interviewers did not seem to know what they were doing as they often didn't know what to ask, especially over the phone

Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

There will be three interviews in a row, but none of them are exceptionally harsh. Mine took me about two hour. Case study throw people off their feet. It's might be easy for those who have previous relative experience. The interview schedule was uneasy for full credit student, especially if you have to fly over in a weekday.