PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.9

Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

There will be three interviews in a row, but none of them are exceptionally harsh. Mine took me about two hour. Case study throw people off their feet. It's might be easy for those who have previous relative experience. The interview schedule was uneasy for full credit student, especially if you have to fly over in a weekday.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

1st round: On-campus interview with manager. Be prepared to clearly articulate why PwC, why consulting, and behavioral experiences in school/in your internships. Be confident and don't over embellish or exaggerate your answers - they are looking for genuine people who fit in to their culture.

2nd round: One case interview (case sent 48 hours before), one interview assessing your global acumen and one interview assessing your teamwork and communication competencies. If you make it this far, its yours to lose. Again, be open, kind, and confident in yourself. They are trying to see if they can put you in front of a client.

Received verbal offer one business day later.

The whole process was smooth, everyone was down to earth and friendly, and I was very impressed with the caliber of the interviewees at the final rounds. PwC is a rapidly growing its advisory practice and is truly investing into its new hires, which factored in to my decision to accept.

Interview Questions

• Did you get a return offer at XYZ company? If so, why didn't you take it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a generous offer so I didn't negotiate.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

First round was a phone screening with a manager in my field of study. All behavioral and technical competence questions about my qualifications. Two weeks later, I received an invitation to attend final round interviews in New York City. Three interviews: one case presentation, one behavioral, and one global acumen and technical competence interview. Interviewers were very accomodating and wanted to see you succeed. Notified of offer several hours after interview.

Interview Questions

• Can your proposal actually be implemented? If so, how?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Interview

Pretty standard management consulting interview. First round was by phone, which I took from my college campus. Simple questions (tell me about a time...). Heard back very shortly after (3-4 business days) that I received a final round interview. The final round was nothing too hard, you get an email detailing what it will be--2 "fit" interviews and a case interview. They email you the case 2 days before the interview so make sure you take the time to read it carefully!

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected...hardest would have been during the case interview, but I prepared a lot so they were expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation--great offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Was called for an on campus interview. I was selected on the on campus interview. Then given a choice to fly to my choice office. Went to New York and had 3 back to back interviews. One with manager and 2 with senior partners. Got the offer but declined because I thought it paid low. However I feel its a great company to work for if you are patient and want to excel in the field of consulting.

Interview Questions

• All were behavioral questions and was not tough as I was from engineering background. They looked for positive attitude and wanted people who had technical skills with modesty.   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I went through the campus recruiting program. I would recommend that you go to all of the socials that you can before the interview process begins because the communication between employees is crazy. When I was invited to the office visit I got congratulatory emails from many of the people I met at the socials almost as soon as I found out. There was one on campus interview and one office visit. Oddly enough, unlike a lot of the reviews I had read, my on campus interview had a few behavioral questions but I didn't have almost any during the office interviews.The office interview consists of 2 interviews and one case study. The best advice for the case study I would say is to be confident , even if you don't grasp every single thing about it. As long as you can show you have some strong points you can run with those.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have too many crazy questions. I had a lot of questions about why exactly I want this job and if I could wake up every day excited for it.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. It took a few weeks for the whole process to complete but I applied on campus and had a final round. The people are really nice and that's the main thing they emphasize, the fit to the organization. However, be very explicit in what group you are interested in and articulate that clearly.

Interview Questions

• Actually, nothing here at all. The most difficult one was tell me about how you solve problems. There are more concerned with getting to know you.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Interview

The PwC interview process is very efficient and fun. The process begins with on campus recruiting. They have several on campus presentations that are recommended to attend. I applied through my university's job site, and heard back two weeks later that I had been selected for first round interviews on campus. The interview was on Monday, and is very laid back and conversation like - mostly "tell me about a time where..." questions. I heard the next day that I was invited for final round interviews on-site the coming Friday. I received an email containing a case study on Wednesday and was allowed two days to prepare for Friday. On Thursday, I was put into a nice hotel for the night. On Friday morning, they allowed 1 hour of case prep time with the actual questions that we would be presenting on. They provide you with ~15 pre-printed slides that you are to use to create a hand drawn presentation. The first interview is the case interview, and you immediately jump into the role of PwC consultant while the manager jumps into the role of the client. You have 30 minutes to sell your case solutions and ask any questions you may have. Next is two 30 minute back to back behavioral interviews with a director and a partner. These are also laid back and comforting as it typically ends up being a conversation. I left the office Friday afternoon and received my offer the following Tuesday as well as a phone call from the partner I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult, most unexpected was "How do you keep up with the current global news?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary is set for entry level associate.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Nice people, all very happy to work at PwC. They expect excellence and their interview process isn't that easy but at the same time very quick. You learn if you get the offer in early November and the process starts in mid-september.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance when you implemented a system which benefited your community as a whole.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university's on campus job fair/recruiting system and a week later, received a first round interview. Prior to the interview, there was a pre-interview dinner. The first round interview was behavioral. A week after that, I was invited to a final round interview in their nearest major office. The final round interview was about four hours. It consisted of preparing a presentation for a case that they sent 48 hours prior to the final round interview, two back-to-back behavioral interviews, the case presentation and a general PwC presentation. I received an offer within one week of the final round interview.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions. No technical questions or questions about my work experience.   Answer Question