PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process from beginning to end was very well structured. The recruiter who contacted me was very responsive, answered all of my questions from beginning to end. The process from the first email to the offer took 30 days. I interviewed with a manager, a managing director, and a director. All three took place the same day back to back in what they called a "super day".

Interview Questions

• All interview questions focused around the PwC five pillars, my experience, and other hypotheticals. Specifically, on if Ï had ever provided critique o a team member and what that experience was"; "Why I wanted to work in consulting", why I wanted to work for PwC; "had I ever had to provide advice to senior management and what the result was"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone call for 1st round (Behavioral). Then asked to attend a final round interview in the DC office. Found out about offer a week later. Final round consisted of 2 behavioral interviews and a case with various managers and partners. Extremely efficient and professional process. Found out about offer quicker than I had expected.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style? Tell me about the most difficult courses you have taken at your University. What role do you usually take in a group environment? Walk me through your resume. Why PwC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

it is three round interviews, 1-1 first, and onsite event, and another follow up, generally speaking it is a well structured, but the whole process lasts longer than regular procedure.
    onsite visit contains three back to back interviews, talking to three different people in the team from different level.

Interview Questions

• ask about resume, projects, behavioral questions, nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

Was flown to DC. Met with Director, 2 managers and partner. Not everyone was prepared. Seemed ad hoc and unstructured. After getting an offer, it took the firm 3 months to finalize a start date. Continued to interview elsewhere as nothing seemed certain.

Interview Questions

• What do you think corporate sustainability trends will look like in 10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in November 2010.

Interview

The first round interview consisted of a one-on-one interview with a manager in the industry vertical that I was interested in within the Advisory Practice. The interview was a very standard behavioral type where he assessed my personality and experience by asking questions about my resume. About halfway through the interview, I was asked to role play with the manager as if I was a lead consultant on a particular issue.

The second round interview consisted of an in-office, all-day event where each interviewee was assigned a mentor who took us to the interview locations and answered any informal questions. All the interviewees went to a conference room to do an "ice breaker." After that we all had individualized interview and tour schedules for the day. One important piece of advice: the mentor also submits feedback on your fit within the organization. The three final-round interviews were also behavioral, but the partners and directors asked more specific questions about my interest in consulting, PwC, and experience that would make me well suited for the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really is minimal negotiation room for recent graduates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in October 2010.

Interview

I met with a VP for an on campus interview. It was a typical behavioral and resume interview. The questions were not very difficult.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you displayed skills in leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in July 2008.

Interview

Applied for the position via online job posting. Received an email to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview had 3 back to back interviews with directors of the company. Interview was conversational, discussion about the resume, director's had very similar questions. It was very laid back. After the interview, associates took a few of us to lunch. Dont let your guards down, they are also interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in July 2008.

Interview

Had an initial phone conversation where the recruiter asked what I was looking for. I was coming from an engineering manufacturing company where I had a background in Continuous Improvement and Supply Chain Management. Followed by an in-person interview with two senior associates, and a manger. After that initial round of interviews, I was called the next day to set up a final interview with a Managing Director. Usually they have you interview with Managers and a Director and the final round with a Partner, but I guess this team was different.

I received a call the next business day with a verbal offer where I negotiated for a sign-on bonus. I received the written offer later that afternoon and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was over the phone with the recruiter. She offered me a base and I asked for more. She said she would check with the Managing Director and came back about 10 minutes later saying that the MD approved a sign-on bonus, but that was as high as they would go.