PwC Advisory Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Director Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very professional and typical. Initial setting was phone interviews, then in person one on one. They were collaborative and desiring of someone who was experienced in a particular practice area.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC).

Interview

Quick and to the point covering technical as well as soft skills. With 3 separate panelists interviewing and asking different questions. All the interviews were on 1 days with myself and other shortlisted candidates

Interview Questions

• Technical process analysis walkthrough question, which was expected and is commonplace in such a regulated industry   Answer Question

Negotiation

Uncomfortable as can be expected, between new relationships being built

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

seven interviews - 3 phone and 4 face to face, it stretched for 3 months from HR to various partner interviews. It was not skills based, rather general interview questions plus one mini case study.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions - tell me about yourself, what drives you, what can you add to the firm, what are your biggest accomplishments, why PwC   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Smooth, focused, professional, made me want to work there. The interview was easy, did not ask a lot of technical questions but how I would approach a problem. It made me feel good to go work for PwC

Interview Questions

• How do my skills qualify me for the job?
      I related all the relevant experiences and how I helped solve client's business issues. I also tried to demonstrate the level of expertise in my field and my passion for it - this helped a lot.
      Answer Question

Advisory Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2014.

Interview

If you are not a recent or upcoming college graduate or have not already worked at one of the other Big 4 Firms, think twice about applying to PwC. It's apparent that the leadership is seeking younger candidates that they can mold to their liking. Nothing wrong with that, they just shouldn't waste other more senior candidates' time when they have no interest in hiring them. My interviewer was a partner and seemed to be very skittish. He had clearly not read my resume with 20 years experience, and started to go through it chronologically, then backed off and asked me to describe my experience. He interrupted me frequently then sat back and looked down at the table between us. He seemed to be uneasy and very relieved when the HR representative arrived to escort me out. The HR representative noted that it was odd that I was not subjected to a group interview or interviews with others on the team. It also seems that fairly generic PwC positions are posted and are left open for months at a time so if a candidate is a "fit" then they can be easily mapped to an open generic position. It's too bad that I had this experience because I really wanted to work there.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews by prospective peers.
    Discussion about what value I could provide to the team
    Overall process was straightforward and positive
    The great place to work aspect was highlighted as was the importance of placed on work-life balance

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward

Advisory Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee, completeted the online application, conducted a phone interview with a recruiter and another Director in the applicable industry segment. Then, flown to a PwC location where I had 3 interviews with a director, managing director and a partner. I received an offer for a "Manager" level with a promise but not guarantee to fast track me to Director.

Negotiation

I gave them my salary requirements, got an offer, then received my current company's annual raise which was higher than I expected. I let PwC know. They countered.

Advisory Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I came in with an acquisition. Very few interviews except at the acquisition company level plus HR within PwC. Most of my discussions had to do with where I would "sit" in the PwC organization once in the door. The other discussions were related to salary, bonus, position level, reporting relationship, seniority, etc.

Negotiation

Very smooth and reasonable.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Interview

Started the conversation with the hiring partner, who then introduced me to a few more partners in Advisory. It was pretty straight forward, and the offer came shortly after. The interview process took 3-4 weeks, although the salary discussion took a lot longer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They insisted on finding how much your current pay is, and offered a moderate bump.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Team of three interviewers scheduled one after the other. Each interviewer had a different tact in their approach and were clearly not operating from a script which was a better experience than the "where do you see yourself in 5 years."