PwC Advisory Experienced Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Experienced Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.6

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Phone screening and two interviews. Interview questions were thoughtful, and I met with staff at all different levels. I got a contingent job offer, but waited a very long time for an actual start date (they were waiting to win work). The recruiter was very responsive to my questions, although I think she should have made more of an effort to check in. The only thing I didn't like was that they offered me an Experienced Associate job, when I applied for a Senior Associate position. They just sent the paperwork and told me to sign it without ever mentioning the change in title and salary. When I asked outright, I didn't really get an explanation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Advisory Experienced Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in January 2016.

Interview

Very professional and efficient. Started with a phone screen with a recruiter. Caught a little off guard because he asked my current salary, but other than that it was pretty straight forward. Second round was another phone interview with a manager. This one was more technical, but also talked about the work environment and project plan. Final round was an in-office series of interviews with director and partner types. A few technical questions, but mostly this felt like just a confirmation that it was a good fit from both their end and my end. Got the offer a couple days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered more than I was expecting, so I did not feel the need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for experienced associate position in cyber security and privacy. Got the call through campus. Had two rounds on campus one with a principal(behavioral) and one with a manager(technical), post which they flew me to Atlanta. Had two rounds at Atlanta, one was a case round(security breach scenario) and another, a fit based behavioral round with a partner.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

I went through 3-4 phone interviews (one with a recruiter and then a few with people from the team) and then was brought in for an in-person interview where I met with four people.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

After being referred I spoke with the recruiter for the group, who set me up with two phone interviews with managers. After these went well I scheduled a Friday interview where I met and interviewed with the Director and Partner level. I was able to leverage another pending offer to accelerate the timeline.

Interview Questions

• Lets say I am the client and would like to know how many cows there are in the United States. How would you go about determining this? (no internet access)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process was amazing. You won't need to sweat a thing. They will take care of you. You will be assigned a person who will help you out with everything you want to know.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was very well scheduled and executed. I had 3 phone interviews including one with the HR. They were all behavioral in nature. The case study for the case interview was provided 2 days before the interview that provided sufficient time to study the case. The final interview was face to face at their office. All the interviewers were very polite and helpful. My advice for any applicant would be to stay calm and relaxed and answer all the questions honestly. If you don't know about anything they are talking about just say so.

Interview Questions

• Is there any industry that is facing extinction due to advances in technology?   Answer Question

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I was contacted by a Recruiting Manager the following day who wanted a quick rundown of my experiences to determine fit and if my skills were applicable to the role. He then outlined the positions and told me I would soon hear from a scheduler to setup my next interview.

1 week later, the scheduler connected me with a Director for a 30 minute phone interview. Nothing special... Asked for a summary of my experiences and the typical Why PwC questions. The call only lasted about 15 minutes. He expressed interest at the end of the call for a face-to-face.

The scheduler contacted me the following Monday to setup three 30 minute interviews in Chicago with a Partner and 2 Directors. The Partner interview was very informal - questions were mostly about fit, experiences, and gave me an in-depth overview of the team, role and projects. The 2nd interview with a Director was very technical and dove deep into many item on my resume, tools used, approaches, techniques, etc. The 3rd interview was purely behavioral and focused on leadership questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate. If you are joining as an Exp. Associate with a couple of years experiences, you will likely be promoted within the year to Sr. Associate.

Experienced Associate Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was comfortable from beginning to end and consisted of two phone interviews (screening with HR Recruiter and technical with a Director), and an in person interview. The in person interview was mostly behavioral and was extremely comfortable/conversational.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary was fair and competitive within the industry.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

call with recruiter, then technical screening with a director, and then flew to Houston for a three round interview with Partner, Director and Manager. Offer took about 3 weeks to come in. Recruiter called me to tell me I got the job but didn't give me a formalized offer letter for at least one week after.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used industry best practices to solve a situation   Answer Question