PwC Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2017

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied on campus via resume drop. Got an on campus interview which consisted of a 30-min behavioral and a 45-60 min case that you could prepare for at home. Case questions were given on the day of the interview and were specific to the type of Advisory role you applied to.

Interview Questions

• What can the client do to increase its profitability?
    What are some risks in your decisions?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews for the first round (behavioral and case study) both on Google Hangouts, and then I was flown to Chicago for a final round behavioral interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC/why consulting?
      What are situations you have been in where you have demonstrated teamwork, leadership, compromise? etc.
      What is an accomplishment you're most proud of?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC in November 2017.

Interview

Starts with a dinner social the night before to take advantage of networking (you're interviewer will most likely be there). Back to back interviews the next day, the first is behavioral and the second is a case interview. The case interview was actually harder than the case. The case interview was much more qualitative than quantitative, they want to see structured thinking, overall very positive experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience when you told a supervisor about something they could do to improve your work environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was two parts, a 30 minute case study, followed by a 30 minute behavioral interview. The final round was a video conference with a director, very behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Who well you work in teams?
      What would you do if you were on a team and someone did not do their job?   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

1 on campus case interview and behavioral interview, then 2 behavioral interviews at PwC office. Very nice recruiters and interviews did not feel rushed or tricky. Very responsive communication. Use alumni when possible from your school to interview you

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Three rounds consisting of one behavioral phone interview with a director, one virtual case interview with a senior advisor, and two behavioral interviews with partners/directors in NYC. The case was emailed to me 48 hours before my scheduled presentation time, so there was plenty of time for preparation.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC? Why consulting? Tell me about an interesting article you read recently. Tell me about a time when you had to give someone feedback or criticism. Tell me about a time when you were given vague instructions for a task and had to figure out what to do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Champaign, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process is very generic. First, you will get a behavioral interview to test your personality and culture fit. Then, you will have another case interview. If you perform well in the first two rounds, you will get the invitation to the final round.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Friendly and Inquisitive. I love the interviewers. Didn't use intimidation. Questions were about my personality, giving me an impression that they cared about the person. But that could have been because my skills matter less, given that I was applying for an intern.

Interview Questions

• Inspirations and Working Style. And more about your personality.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I had an interview with PwC for an advisory role. There were 3 phone rounds. The superday was 4 back to back interviews. The interviews were very professionally done. All the interviews were pretty standard although preparation is a key element to answering most of the questions. They called the next day after Superday saying that an offer would be extended soon. I received an offer but finally ended up going with another Big 4 due a better offer. I guess you should let them know your expectation earlier in the process rather than waiting after superday as this became an issue for me. I enjoyed interviewing with them nevertheless!

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in February 2016.

Interview

Positive. One case question with presentation included. Interviewer is looking for incorporation of strategy frameworks into case presentation. Behavioral interview questions revolved around resume and focused on ability to work in teams and handle difficult situations.