PwC Advisory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.8

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

2 rounds. 1) domain specific/Technical 2) Managerial. domain interview had all the tough domain specific questions. once you clear that it's a cake walk. the manager will just check the communication and overall personality

Interview Questions

• previous experience in detail   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Manager - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in April 2017.

Interview

Zwei sehr angenehme Gespräche mit Führungskräften (Senior Manager) an unterschiedlichen Standorten und ein abschließendes Telefonat mit einem Partner.
    Es gab letztlich keine Einigung beim Gehalt, da meine (branchenübliche!) Forderung als deutlich zu hoch abgelehnt wurde. Somit ist es nicht zu einem konkreten Vertragsangebot gekommen.

Manager - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone screen - general overview of my CV, talking about my background and what I want to do next. It was very basic. They told me what the next steps would be for the face-to-face interviews.

I have yet to hear of when these will be scheduled for. I am not sure where the delay is really in this process. I am not sure if the recruiting team is simply understaffed or if the hiring managers within the department are not responsive. It has been almost two months of odd updates telling me that they do want to proceed but no dates as of yet.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal for the next step in your career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me over LinkedIn and scheduled a telephonic discussion with her immediately. Post discussion I was scheduled for a technical discussion with some Sr. Manager within a week, then was selected for in person interview in their Chicago office. In person interview was with 3 persons - 2 director and 1 partner. Mostly discussed about Advisory aspects and viewpoints. Then I received verbal offer from HR within a week of Personal Interview. Actual offer letter was released after 3-4 business days of verbal commitment.

Interview Questions

• Selling Plans, Estimation Techniques, Situation Driven Analysis.   1 Answer

Salary was not par. They didn't asked about my current compensation and provided an offer with some hypothetical figure which was mere $3K more than what I was making at that point. Salary negotiation is almost impossible although I had very niche and rare skill sets.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in February 2014.

Interview

Inerview consisted of 3 rounds of informal interviews, first with HR and late with hiring managers.
    There was some delay in scheduling interviews, but mostly people i met were very pleasant and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview. Then I interviewed with 4 different people. two over the phone and two in person. within one month they had gotten back to me with an offer

Interview Questions

• They have a script that they use. it is different for each level (IE associate, senior associate, manager, etc)   2 Answers

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC in March 2012.

Interview

It was simple two phone calls and one meeting but it is was painful

Interview Questions

• General technical questions
      While we don't recommend having a canned response for every interview question (in fact, please don't), we do recommend spending some time getting comfortable with what you might be asked, what hiring managers are really looking for in your responses, and what it takes to show that you're the right man or woman for the job.   1 Answer

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)) in July 2012.

Interview

Mostly conversational. No cases. They focused on fit and understanding previous experience and relevance. Interviewed with partners and directors. Not the worst process I have seen except that they asked me for referral letters at the end of the process and I did not have anyone lined up although I thought everything had been completed by then. There is a wide variety of partners in that office so your experience will be different depending on who you interview with. The office is becoming more mature so the process changes every year and your experience may be different then most people who have applied so far.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate a little bit

Manager - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2016.

Interview

A well Organized interview process to start with, but fizzled towards the end.
    I applied through a recruiter and was calling in for a round 1 face to face interview with a Director which went well. General CV based and competency based interview.
    Was informed of the decision to progress to second round in a couple of weeks, which would be with a partner and a senior manager and would be a case study.
    This went well and I was fairly confident of receiving an offer.

It's been more than 2 months now and despite several follow ups, the firm still hasn't been able to make a decision on whether they want to progress ahead or not.

Interview Questions

• 1. CV walk through
      2. How do you provide client feedback to team members
      3. why Pwc   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Rome (Italy)) in April 2014.

Interview

Human resource interview + Technical interview with a director + interview with the head of the unit. Interviews was arranged in Rome office. The only thing i did not like was that i had three different interview with three different people in three different days. My difficulty was to make me available three different times.

Interview Questions

• Personal skill in cyber security, differences between cyber security and information security   Answer Question