PwC Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Given a case a few days before then on the day given an hour to prepare for a presentation deck. The first was a 1:1 interview to present the case and the second to have a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Two rounds phone interview, and on-site interview for two hours. People are nice and very polite, be fully prepared. Managers are quite experienced, behavior questions. Great Location and working atmosphere. Wonderful experiences.

Interview Questions

• Go through your resume, and did you have any difficult time before   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company website. First, I was contacted by the recruiter within a week. I had a first round interview in Atlanta, GA. I was interviewed by three separate managers/directors. I was invited back for the final interview in Columbia, SC. It was a group interview with 5 other candidates and 5 managers of different departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing that makes you stand out above the other candidates?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The interview consisted of a case study and group interview. There were five interviews in total. The final was in the office with another candidate. The first two were phone conversations.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied for positions on company website. Recruiter emailed to set up a time for a five minute discussion. Didn't hear anything back for a month and a half until I applied for another position. Had a conversation with second recruiter, for maybe 15 minutes, and was invited to an interview for the next week. The interview consisted of a presentation by the director of the center, followed by three thirty minute interviews with an HR associate, manager and senior manager in the areas I was applying for. Very conversational, make sure you know your resume back and forth.

Next morning, got a call back for a second interview the following week. The second interview was a group/panel interview -- we had six or seven other people also interviewing for various positions in various departments (i.e. we weren't fighting all for the same job). The first half was meeting with some people who currently work at PwC and asking them questions and they asked us questions. The second half was meeting with all the department heads and the director and discussing, as a group, a simulated issue that the director prepared.

Finally, received two tests via email to complete -- logic and English. Not that easy due to time to constraints.

Received an offer about a week after the tests were completed/ a week and a half after my last interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial On Campus Recruiting through Info sessions and Career Fair with a Meet and Greet with free food/drinks to network before first round interview candidates were selected. First round interviews were conducted on campus and were conducted with a manager. The first round was purely behavioral, with a few questions discussing current trends in certain industries (which depends on which area of focus the manager you interview with is in). Found out about passing on to the final round the next week. Final rounds consisted of going to the PwC office in Chicago; there is a morning and afternoon session (12-4:40pm), which consists of 3 interviews (2 behavioral and 1 case study) as well as a panel to give you more information on the company. The background for the specific case you will do is sent to you in an email beforehand so you can prepare. Once you arrive at the office you are given lunch and an overview of the process, as well as a "buddy" to walk you to your various interview locations. The tables you sit at have a specific folder with your name on them with your interview schedule as well as the main question for your case study. Then you are given about 30min to prepare a presentation on paper slides (calculators supplied) for your case interview. After all 3 interviews and the panel are completed, you are free to go. During my on site interview there were approximately 50 candidates in the afternoon session alone (for both full time and internships and for all three advisory verticals).

Interview Questions

• The business case was the most difficult part of the final round, as the presentation format was not something I had done before and was something to definitely make sure to prepare for. Make sure to do any break even analysis and as much number crunching beforehand so you can focus on the structure, conclusion, and make your presentation complete, as the 30min goes by a lot faster than you would think.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

It was a very long process. There were several online assessments that I had to complete, verbal logical and math assesments and then I was asked to do a phone interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at PwC (Noida (India)).

Interview

Was ok, they had some interesting and tough questions but was a good experience to face such different n difficult questions. Then they had some good and interesting IQ Question.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PwC (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Apply, Telephone Interview, Final Interview.

It wasn't particularly difficult at all and the phone interview was tougher. Really relaxed and approachable. All the staff were really nice and accommodating.

The telephone interview was more difficult and they are likely to turn questions that you had on your cv against you in a way, but everything's manageable. Just make sure you have your cv, work record and information about the company handy on your laptop.

Understand the role you're applying for and why you're interested in it. Try and refer to your graduate experience within university and outside university.

Interview Questions

Had another offer from a different company which offered a better salary.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in June 2016.

Interview

Did one Matrigma (logic/spatial) and one MAP (personality) test. Got an interview at their Stockholm office. 3 stages, one case interview, one associate interview, one HR interview. It was nice overall, but didn't really prepare for the interview, which was a big con.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experiences from company valuation? Describe a DCF valuation?   Answer Question