PwC Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

Associate Interview

Interview

As an undergrad, I applied for Risk Advisory with the Atlanta Office through my university's job posting website. I did not network beforehand, but was able to secure a first round interview. The night before the first round of interviews, everyone extended an interview was invited to dinner at a nice restaurant. There were 3 large tables, one for risk advisory, one for management advisory, and I believe one for the accountants. There were about 2 current PwC employees at each table from each respective practice who were not necessarily interviewers the next day. We had a very enjoyable evening with light conversation. Nothing stressful but it certainly helps to be relaxed and laugh while carrying easy conversation and eating your food without spilling it everywhere. This is where you just be your fun self and not worry about what they think of you.

The first round interview was with a Manager from the Atlanta office. There was no case. Now they have cases. It was pretty easy and relaxed. The interviewer just wanted to see if he would want to work with me. Lots of fit and resume questions. Very conversational.

Got an email a couple days later saying I would have a second (and final) round of interviews in the New York Office (I think they just centralized a lot of interviews that year). They flew me up there, had me stay in a very nice hotel with a tasty breakfast. In the morning I walked about 8 blocks to the PwC office and from there they took about 20 of us (all applying for various positions) up to the PwC floors. It was all planned out - Breakfast in a conference room with 4 other candidates and 3 PwC Associates and Senior Associates. They were not judging us just telling us how the day would unfold and making us feel at home. They would also shuttle us from one interview to the other (very nice people). After that I had 2 casual interviews, 1 with one of the associates from the breakfast room and 1 with a Manager. They were a combination of walking, showing me around, meeting people, and then chatting in the cafeteria. These 2 were not specifically from Risk. Then I had 3 formal interviews with higher-ups. The only case type question I got was 'how would you estimate the number of tennis balls that would fill this room?'. Everything else was fit based. The first interviewer was a young, very suave new yorker who didn't smile or show any emotion no matter how much I tried to engage him; he just asked me questions which I answered. My approach was to gently try to engage him without going to extremes and without taking offense or giving up. The other 2 interviewers were more senior and very personable. I felt like they wanted me to succeed. Questions ranged from resume, other experience, and fit.

I flew out the next day and hear back about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

1. One on campus interview, interview with a manager.
    2. On site interview including a pre-night dinner and meet with two interviewers in the second day, one is senior manager, another is a partner.

Associate Interview

Interview

It is easy to wander when answering an experience interview question, particularly if you do not have a specific situation or problem in mind. Before answering the question, think of a specific example of a past situation that answers the question given. Provide a clear but concise description of the situation, explain how you handled the situation, and describe the results. By focusing on one specific example, your answer will be succinct and on topic.

Interview Questions

• Before going to the interview, look at the job listing to see what specific skills and attitudes the job requires. Reflect back on your past work experience to recall situations in which you have demonstrated these skills and attitudes. Consider each situation in detail; you will need to be prepared to discuss these situations thoroughly, and answer any follow-up questions. In particular, reflect on the specific role you played in each situation, and the actions you took to achieve success.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Received mail within a week to schedule an interview. I found the recruiter a little unprofessional. I couldn't hear what she was asking. Kept on writing all that I said while I was speaking.Asked about my resume, my achievements, how I have helped others, if I had taken help from others etc.
    She would not reply to any follow up emails or turn back calls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Three parts, phone campus then at office. Phone interview was basic questions. Campus interview really focused on your resume. There is a dinner the night before with people you're interviewing against. Make sure to make good conversations. Speak enough but also come across as a good listener. If they have alcohol keep it classy. Interview at office was three 30 minute interviews. One with director, one with partner and one with a manager. Some technical stuff but just make sure you can make conversation and show that you're a well rounded person who is good with people. It's all about being good with conversation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time during one of your internships   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

First round on campus, then on site superday

Interview Questions

• Where else are you interviewing? Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pretty straight forward, first was a phone interview, then 3 1-on-1 interviews. One of the in person interviews was a case study. All of the questions were fairly easy, nothing out of the ordinary. The case study took a little getting used to, they really try to knock you off of your game.

Interview Questions

• The case was the hardest part of the interview, it dealt mostly with financial information and data, which was not the focus of the position that I applied for.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I had three separate phone interviews, then was flown out of state for the in person interview. Everything went very smoothly. A process I expected to be intimidating but it turned out to be a great experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. I was prepared to answer questions about my interest in the position, the field, and the company. The position I was applying for was entry level, so apart from asking questions about my interest in the job they mainly stuck to questions about what was on my resume. They did not try and ask tricky questions.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

On campus interview with pwc. I actually tot i did v well. the reason i didnt get in might be that my resume was just too weak, mostly consisted of on-campus experience with no helpful internships. I wish i had tried harder to get myself an internship before but that's alr done. good luck to you struggling ppl. btw look as good as possible.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. The interviewer asked very few questions but let me go through the resume by myself. I took that as nothing on my resume attracted him. but always be familiar with your resume especially where a technical question might pop up.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Got referred by a PwC employee and got invited for a superday set of three interviews. Waiting for further information

Interview Questions

• 95% of the questions totally behavioral. One question was an intereseting one. Can you give me an example of an experience in your career where your client/somebody else asked you to do something not ethical, and how you handled that.   Answer Question