PwC Assurance Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.7

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Very formal and structured process. Best to start early and connect with everyone you can meet. There are also several rounds of interviews. First you may meet with an associate and then progress to management.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral interview questions.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on campus career fair and took a few days to process. Got Video Interview invitation. Go through my resume, couple of behavior questions. Easy to talk, friendly interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you come across a team member with difficult personality to work with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through on campus job fair and on campus website. Two days after the deadline, I got an email from their campus recruiter for the first round on-site interview. I was interviewed by a partner for the first round, he was very laid back and pretty much just went over my resume. There was no particular questions and more like casual conversation.Then 2 weeks later, I got invited for the second round interview, which was 2 back to back interview. I had with a partner and a manager. Partner was very laid back, and asked me that if there was anything I would like to talked about in my past working experience. Manager's question was focused on the 5 PWC professionals, which was on their website.

Interview Questions

• Technical question :Tell me a time you did a project that you applied your accounting knowledge? what you have learned from that project ? did you ever relate the knowledge you learned in this project to other project ?
       How did you manage school, extracurricular activities and work?
      Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

There were two rounds to the interview process: the on-campus interview and the follow up interview at the office. In total there were 3 separate interviews, which allowed multiple people to assess my abilities and made each interview a little less stressful because the entire job offer wasn't reliant upon one interview.

Interview Questions

• How has your personal experience in college positively and negatively impacted you?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

It was a fast process. Applied via reference one week, phone interview the next, in-office visit the start of the next week, and offer by the end of the same week. Initially, I was unsure about working in a Big 4 environment, but everyone I spoke to in recruiting, interviews, and HR were very open and welcoming. What they shared turned out to be accurate, it can be a high pressure environment during busy season, but coworkers care most about getting the job done and therefore are very willing to help others out, both to learn and to get work done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team and things did not go well. How did you step up to lead the team and ensure that team was successful?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

1) Campus interview - interview on campus with dinner the night before. At the dinner, I was able to speak with my interviewer casually for about an hour and a half. The recruiter and the partner were very flexible and easy to talk to. The interview itself was very conversational - talking about our backgrounds. Be prepared with a lot of GOOD questions. They should focus on points about the job and company - what you can expect day-to-day, growth opportunities, etc.

2) Office Interview - The partner I interviewed with called me from his car on the way home and invited me to an office visit about 3 weeks later. Very quick feedback was appreciated. The office visit also had a social mixer/dinner the night before. Awesome time to meet a lot of people and speak to the people who would interview you the next day. The actual visit included breakfast, a welcome from partners, 4 30 minute interviews with different levels of employees, and a concluding small group lunch. A few of the interviews had actual interview questions but a few were conversational - It probably depends on who is interviewing you. Again, about half of each interview should consist of Q&A from you.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the day and I was able to get a great feel for the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with people from different perspectives? How would you go through a lot of data efficiently? What are you looking for in a position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

One campus interview with senior manager, three interviews at office visit with two senior managers and partner.
    Heard about second round week after campus interview. Traveled to office week after second round invite. Got offer day after office visit.

Interview Questions

• All based off of the PwC framework
      When did you have to do research on an accounting related topic
      What research tools do you use
      Tell me of a time you had different perspectives from people and how you worked with them
      Time you were introduced to a new system
      Tell me about a difficult time
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Social the night before and two to three interviews the day of. You will know the results by the next day if not sooner. You will have a current employee to walk you around the office so there is no chance of being late or getting lost and they review your attitude too so be conscious of what you are saying at all times.

Interview Questions

• About your past jobs and what you are interested in etc.   1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

1) On phone interview, 2) two weeks later = reception night before "Superday", 3) Superday = presentation, 3 interviews (at least one senior associate, and at least one partner)

Interview Questions

• Based on "PwC Professional". Phone interview = leadership questions, In person interviews = 4 other parts of "PwC Professional". Why Assurance? Why PwC? Example of work that shows understanding of Assurance. Teamwork examples. How you deal with conflict. Example of when you were given criticism and how you used it to improve. Example of dealing with complex problems.   Answer Question

Associate - Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Charlottesville, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

On campus hire. Interviewed with people who weren't from the valuation team on the first round. For the second round, flew to interview personally with the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• First round was a behavioral interview: Why PwC?
      Second round was more technical.
      2 Answers