PwC Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 27, 2015

2.6

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

It was a fast process. Applied via reference one week, phone interview the next, in-office visit the start of the next week, and offer by the end of the same week. Initially, I was unsure about working in a Big 4 environment, but everyone I spoke to in recruiting, interviews, and HR were very open and welcoming. What they shared turned out to be accurate, it can be a high pressure environment during busy season, but coworkers care most about getting the job done and therefore are very willing to help others out, both to learn and to get work done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team and things did not go well. How did you step up to lead the team and ensure that team was successful?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

1) Campus interview - interview on campus with dinner the night before. At the dinner, I was able to speak with my interviewer casually for about an hour and a half. The recruiter and the partner were very flexible and easy to talk to. The interview itself was very conversational - talking about our backgrounds. Be prepared with a lot of GOOD questions. They should focus on points about the job and company - what you can expect day-to-day, growth opportunities, etc. 2) Office Interview - The partner I interviewed with called me from his car on the way home and invited me to an office visit about 3 weeks later. Very quick feedback was appreciated. The office visit also had a social mixer/dinner the night before. Awesome time to meet a lot of people and speak to the people who would interview you the next day. The actual visit included breakfast, a welcome from partners, 4 30 minute interviews with different levels of employees, and a concluding small group lunch. A few of the interviews had actual interview questions but a few were conversational - It probably depends on who is interviewing you. Again, about half of each interview should consist of Q&A from you. Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the day and I was able to get a great feel for the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with people from different perspectives? How would you go through a lot of data efficiently? What are you looking for in a position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

One campus interview with senior manager, three interviews at office visit with two senior managers and partner. Heard about second round week after campus interview. Traveled to office week after second round invite. Got offer day after office visit.

Interview Questions

• All based off of the PwC framework When did you have to do research on an accounting related topic What research tools do you use Tell me of a time you had different perspectives from people and how you worked with them Time you were introduced to a new system Tell me about a difficult time   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

1) On phone interview, 2) two weeks later = reception night before "Superday", 3) Superday = presentation, 3 interviews (at least one senior associate, and at least one partner)

Interview Questions

• Based on "PwC Professional". Phone interview = leadership questions, In person interviews = 4 other parts of "PwC Professional". Why Assurance? Why PwC? Example of work that shows understanding of Assurance. Teamwork examples. How you deal with conflict. Example of when you were given criticism and how you used it to improve. Example of dealing with complex problems.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

My school has a very good relationship with Big 4. I started to connect with the firm on a campus career fair. I was then invited to two rounds of onsite interviews. Also, before the second round, I was invited to a small group dinner lead by a firm partner.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with a partner. Then for the second round, I interviewed at the office with 3 senior managers. They were basically all behavioral questions. The partner interview was the most difficult. The office interviews were definitely more relaxed. Be sure to emphasize your ability to work on a team, and your willingness to work hard & long hours. Some questions are straight from your resume. Make sure you know it and make sure you can give examples in all of the answers you give them so that you can demonstrate that you have that skill/knowledge of whatever they ask you. Example of question: When did you have a difficult time getting your idea across when you worked on a team and how did you do it?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

I was hired on campus. Started going to on campus networking events Sophomore year and eventually interviewed for full-time senior year. Interview was all behavioral and mostly just a conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I went for an office visit and chatted with two partners, then went to lunch with a couple associates, then was offered a position when I came back from lunch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on the salary

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for assurance associate position in Los Angeles at a job fair for English and Japanese bilinguals so the position was for Japanese practice. I walked into their booth with my resume. First they put me through "English screening" which is just and an casual conversation with one of their staff. The next one was a real interview with an manager. He asked me to explain him my past job experiences and why I want to do audit. It took about 10 to 15 minutes. The second interview was on the next day with a partner. He basically asked same basic questions but he asked what industry I would be interested in to audit. Also he asked why PwC, not other Big 4. The interview was about 20 mins and I was invited to dinner with all the staff, managers and partners that night. I was not asked any interview-like questions at dinner but I got to ask many questions about the firm. About 2 weeks later, I had phone interviews with one manager and two partners on the same day. Each interview was for 30 mins. (You usually visit their office for this interviews but I was out of country and could not be there.) There was no difficult or surprise questions here as well but I could have nice conversations that especially I had someone we know in common with two of them. I got an offer on the next day of the phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• There was no surprise questions and all they asked is basic things such as my past job experience, why audit, why PwC, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied on school website. They had a pre-interview event and told everyone they were already lucky to even make it to the interview stage. Interview was questions about my resume. it was really laid back. It was the best interview I ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC do you want to work for PwC over the other accounting firms   Answer Question