PwC Assurance Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Assurance Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I went for an office visit and chatted with two partners, then went to lunch with a couple associates, then was offered a position when I came back from lunch.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on the salary

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied for assurance associate position in Los Angeles at a job fair for English and Japanese bilinguals so the position was for Japanese practice.
    I walked into their booth with my resume. First they put me through "English screening" which is just and an casual conversation with one of their staff. The next one was a real interview with an manager. He asked me to explain him my past job experiences and why I want to do audit. It took about 10 to 15 minutes. The second interview was on the next day with a partner. He basically asked same basic questions but he asked what industry I would be interested in to audit. Also he asked why PwC, not other Big 4. The interview was about 20 mins and I was invited to dinner with all the staff, managers and partners that night. I was not asked any interview-like questions at dinner but I got to ask many questions about the firm.
    About 2 weeks later, I had phone interviews with one manager and two partners on the same day. Each interview was for 30 mins. (You usually visit their office for this interviews but I was out of country and could not be there.) There was no difficult or surprise questions here as well but I could have nice conversations that especially I had someone we know in common with two of them.
    I got an offer on the next day of the phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• There was no surprise questions and all they asked is basic things such as my past job experience, why audit, why PwC, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied on school website. They had a pre-interview event and told everyone they were already lucky to even make it to the interview stage. Interview was questions about my resume. it was really laid back. It was the best interview I ever had.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC do you want to work for PwC over the other accounting firms   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Charlotte, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied through university career website and got an initial interview by video with one of the senior on the team. After that was four 1:1 on-site interviews on the same day with four people, one manager, one director and two partners. 30 min each. There was no hard questions basically just conversations to get to know your experience, skills and personality. The conversation with the partner was totally about life, hobby, etc I didn't have to do the pre-interview dinner and lunch. Received oral offer very soon and written offer a few hours after the oral one.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Seattle, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

College Recruiting. PwC has a dedicated recruiting team that comes to all the schools in the area and sets up interviews. We then interviewed with managers or senior managers and then would get invited to the office for a partner interview. They would fly us to the office we are recuriting at or the closest office.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like accounting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Good process, behavioral interviews were standard

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process consists of an on campus in person interview with a manager. After this interview, there is an additional interview on site at the PwC office consisting of 3 rounds (one with a manager, a panel, and one with a partner)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a difficult situation and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Submitted my resume for an on campus interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty casual. We mostly went over my resume and i was able to ask some questions at the end.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

On campus interview followed by office visit/interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the greatest challenge you had to over come in college?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation attempted.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Phila, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied through university careers website, initial on campus interview was a casual conversation. I was called back the next day and scheduled for an office visit/ interview a week later. Office visit ran about 4 hours with lunch. This included an info session (many other candidates were also there), an office tour and 2 interviews. The interviews were mainly conversation based with some typical interview questions. I heard back within about a day letting me know I had received an offer. Overall positive and friendly experience.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you worked in a challenging group setting and how you responded to those challenges   Answer Question