PwC Assurance Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Assurance Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

3.2

Assurance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through college career website, met with recruiters on campus.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Assurance Intern Interview

Interview

Pretty basic phone interview (1st round) instead of on campus. Office visit contained 3 back to back interviews with a manager, MD, and partner. No particularly tough questions, but definitely spend time preparing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Assurance Intern Interview

Interview

Typical campus interview. Socials preceded the interview. Interview was with a senior manager in the office I was interviewing for. Interview lasted thirty minutes and consisted of get to know you questions. Also, there were the typical resume questions.

Took another offer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Miami, FL) in September 2010.

Interview

I had a great interview process. PwC tried to accommodate me in every aspect with regards to the day of the interview. They put me up in a hotel the night before of the interview (I was located about an hour and a half north of interview location). I was given the opportunity to ask plenty of questions and I believe I got honest responds. The company also took me out to lunch with some of the first to third year employees so I can ask them specifically how they like their work environment.

Interview Questions

• A couple of my interviews were solely based on questions I had.   1 Answer

Assurance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in September 2011.

Interview

Started with an interview with the recruiter, then a super day in the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you engaged a client.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Assurance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Moscow (Russia)) in December 2011.

Interview

One day hiring process. 2 tests and 2 interviews - with HR and Manager. Interview with HR - soft skills and English level examining, Manager - Accounting knowledge and analytical skills examining.

Interview Questions

• When did you decicded to pursue Audit job (no difficult questions actually).   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation since It was Intern position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Met a local recruiter at a Meet the Firms event on campus and was invited to interview the next day but had a conflict. She agreed to do a phone interview with me instead. The interview was very casual and easy-going. Asked a lot about my community service work because I'm very passionate about it. It lasted about 20 minutes. She then referred me to the NYC office because that was the one I expressed interested in working at. Within 2 days I received an email from a recruiter there inviting me to an office visit during one of their recruiting Super Days. They flew me out the following week. The office visit lasted from about 8:30am-2:00pm. It included an info session about the particular market the NYC office is in as well as overall firm info for the ~30 students that had been invited. There was a panel session with several partners and managers and then three individual 30 minute one-on-on interviews--mine were with a partner, a manager, and an HR manager. They all were very friendly and nice, really put me at ease as this was my first time going through the interview process. They asked a lot of questions about why I was applying so early (I was applying for an internship position over a year in advance because I was going to be studying abroad) and why I wanted to work for PwC and specifically audit. They asked about working in teams and how I made it work when there were people not doing their fair share of work--very standard, behavioral type questions that I was expecting. Afterwards, they took us to lunch as a big group. Everyone else at the Super Day was interviewing for internships for the following summer or for full-time positions so I felt a little out of place but it turned out well for me. When I spoke to the others at the end of the day several said that they were asked more difficult questions and asked to justify their "low" GPA but I did not experience anything like that.

Even though I was interviewing so early for my position, the recruiters told me that I would hear their decision within 2 weeks. I received a call the next day notifying me that they were extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when your personal ethics were challenged and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't even try to negotiate.

Assurance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

first interview with a senior manager, then super day, three interviews with manager, senior manager and partner

Interview Questions

• How will your past experience help you do better in this position?   1 Answer

Assurance Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in August 2013.

Interview

Phone call based

Interview Questions

• What co-curriculum activities have you been participated in university and high school? What is your award about?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Florham Park, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially applied through my school's career services website, and was invited for an on-campus interview shortly after. The interview was pretty conversational. I was only asked two questions directly, and they were both easy ones. The partner I interviewed with was most interested in hearing me talk about my resume directly rather than answering behavioral questions. About a week after my campus interview I received a call from the recruiter inviting me to Superday.

Interview Questions

• Only two questions, rest of interview was conversation. 1. Tell me about a time when someone in your team was not pulling their weight, and how did you deal with it.
      2. Tell me about a time you were not able to meet a deadline.
      Answer Question