PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.9

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Total four rounds, including online application, on-site interview (group interview and individual manager interview), final partner interview. Group interview in China is usually a case study, 10 mins to read a case, then discuss in the 4-5 people group and present for 10 mins. Individual manager interview lasts around 30 mins, and normally it's behavior interview. The whole process last around one to one and half months. After the final interview, HR give the oral offer first and then send the official offer. The whole process finishes in around 2 months.

Interview Questions

• why audit? why PwC? career path? long term/short term goals   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through their company website. The process took only about 1 week, I received an email asking me to schedule a phone interview, then I interviewed at PwC.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interned at PwC year prior so skipped the initial screening interviews. Attended pre-interview dinner and Superday where 3 interviews took place (2 Senior associates and 1 partner interview). Nothing formal about the pre-interview dinner, smart casual attire and team building activities in the 300 Madison office. Was really just to calm nerves for what is to come the following day. Interviews went well mostly behavioral questions, first 2 were directly concerning the "PwC Professional" framework. I specifically got Relationships and Business Acumen. Third interview was a little more technical and specific to auditing (i.e. professional skepticism examples, FASB codification research). Be prepared to ask questions at the end of the interview, they purposely allot time for this. I wrote down about 10 questions on my notepad and asked as many as I could before the 30 minutes were up and I moved on to the next interview. Be sure to ask for business cards to send thank you emails later on that day.

Be yourself, this really is just a chance for the PwC staff to meet you and get a feel for your personality. Be confident in your abilities, you have made it this far which is an accomplishment in and of itself now just go show your great personality. Best of luck

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a group and things didn't go well.   Answer Question
    • How do you go about researching accounting rules and standards   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where you used professional skepticism at work or school   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you built a relationship   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted for a first interview by e-mail and this interview was a virtual interview through Google Hangouts. This interview was great because the interviewer was very supportive and asked questions that allowed the showcase of talents and experience. The process was a bit disconcerting because the feed was a little sporadic and this stilted the flow of conversation. The second interview was tougher because the partner and manager left more of the conversation up to the applicant to fill in and some planning such as your elevator speech would be helpful to prepare for this interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

On-campus interview with lots of behavior questions. The interviewer kept asking for examples about your team work. Be prepared for that. Not much questions about resume. The interviewer answered all the questions thoroughly. Also, there are employees outside the interview room, be prepared to talk to them too. I think that's part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of getting a negative feedback from supervisor?
      What can you bring to PwC?
      Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Most time walk through my resume. Ask detailed information of my resume. Let me ask questions in the end. Several behavior questions. Like how to balance life and work, because auditing is a very busy position. I said doing sports, meeting friends, and working efficiently. Don't give up personal life. Describe the specific point on my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone Interview. I applied online through the 2017 campus recruiting. I interviewed with a recruiter in Dallas office. You can find all interview questions online and prepare the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Very impersonal. PWC outsources the recruiting to a company that is just not what you would expect from a Big 4 Accounting firm. I think this is a deservice to the company and it will in the long run affect the quality of candidates they bring.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped someone complete a job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Fair - 3 rounds in 1 day. In 1 on 1 interviews they will ask you scenario type questions, attempting to see how your reason skills are, problem solving capabilities, and how you respond to certain situations. Make sure to ask the interviewer about their job and background for instance when you speak to a partner.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a challenge you face at work and how you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was efficient - performed by HR. Was hired from overseas. 3 interviews - 1 with HR, 1 with senior manager, 1 with partner. Mostly 1-1, but 1 was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• How long will you stay with us before going back home?   Answer Question