PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC in September 2016.

Interview

Online assessment via SHL online bestaande uit een inductieve, verbale, numerieke en persoonlijkheids test - Gesprek met Recruiter en Partner. Hierbij ging het vooral om persoonlijke ervaringen, met veel terugkoppelingen naar situaties bij vorige werkgevers en hoe hiermee is omgegaan.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is split into 4 stages and assuming there are no delays takes about a month to navigate your way through. The system is as follows: Application form, telephone interview, assessment centre, final interview, offer! The process up until final interview is hosted by the HR department, but your final interview will be with a Partner from the business division/unit that you are applying to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about a current business related news story and give your opinion on the situation.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Lots of steps involved.. Interview with different person from different hierarchy. First level consist of interview with human resource department. if passed then, proceed with interview with other levels of management, mostly with those responsible of the departments or industry or client segment you will most probably be working for. The last level of interview is with the partner who is at the highest level in the hierarchy. Also, to be noted that recruitment is done mostly at the university campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

First I had to apply online. Then a recruiter called me. I did not like her because she only let me apply to my first location choice. I could not interview with the philly office as well.

After my basic interview with the recruiter I had an office interview. First we had to eat breakfast with the other people interviewing. Then we had an intro session. After, we had three one on one interviews . The day concluded with lunch at a local restaurant.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a question about whether or not I invest in ethical companies.

Also during the intro, we were asked "fun facts" about us. Seemed cheesy to me.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The questions were weirdly asked and they seemed like they were trying to get information out of you that isn't legal for them to ask in a straightforward manner.

Interview Questions

• What type of news outlets do you pay attention to and how do they affect your daily life?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Since I applied to a PwC office in another province, my first interview was through Skype. Most questions are about your past experience with team work, leadership, etc. 2-3 days later they called me and invited me to a second round interview. Flight and accommodations were taken care of. Awesome! Second round consists of 5 parts: partner interview, written exercise, group exercise, office tour, and lunch.The interview with the partner is the easiest in my opinion. Written exercise was challenging. We were given 30 minutes to read a bunch of stuff and write a 1-2 page report. There was not enough time. Remember to bring a watch! The report has nothing to do with Accounting so you don't have to review your Accounting notes. Group exercise was okay. Again, we weren't given a lot of time to read and discuss the case. Just remember to be a team player! At night, they invited us to have dinner at a restaurant. They brought out a lot of staff and partners.

Overall, I think all my interviewers are really nice and professional. It was a good experience and the most unique interview I have ever had.

No results are given until the end of the blackout period.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC? Describe a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. How is PwC different from other firms? Why this province?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

There were two part of interviews -- on campus interview and on site interview. and before interview there was a pre-interview dinner to meet the staffs. The recruiters are really nice so you don't need to get too nervous. in the dinner and interviews you would get a lot of chance to ask them anything you want to know about the company. Don't wast your chance, prepare well and ask as many questions as you can and want.

Interview Questions

• In the interview I mentioned a project I've done and then the interviewer was interested in it and asked the detail. So to impress the interviewer, I suggest to prepare well for all the details of each project you did and don't mention anything you are not well prepared of.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not yet. Everything is over my expectation

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Colombo (Sri Lanka)) in May 2016.

Interview

At first there is an aptitude test which comprises English, mathematics, accounting and a bit of IQ . Once the candidate got through the aptitude test he is invited for a face to face interview by the HR. There after the interview reports are submitted to the one of the senior managers and he/ she picks the candidate for a face to face interview. Senior manager tests the technical competency of the candidate and submits his/ her report to the partner. Final decision is with the partner whether to select the candidate or not.

Interview Questions

• What is your career plan for the next two years.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in October 2016.

Interview

The initial interview for me was tough, maybe because I am not well prepared. The final interview was scheduled 2 weeks after, it was easier than my initial interview ...but unfortunately, I did not received any calls. make sure to review basic accounting if you are not currently reviewing for the board exam. it is quiet difficult without a refresher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

On-campus interview with lots of behavior questions. The interviewer kept asking for examples about your team work. Be prepared for that. Not much questions about resume. The interviewer answered all the questions thoroughly. Also, there are employees outside the interview room, be prepared to talk to them too. I think that's part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of getting a negative feedback from supervisor?
      What can you bring to PwC?
      Answer Question
Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
PwC Audit Associate Interview Wat is naar uw mening uw zwakste eigenschap?
PwC Audit Associate Interview London, England (UK) Tell me what you know about a current business related news story and give your opinion on the situation.
PwC Audit Associate Interview What are your strengths?
PwC Audit Associate Interview New York, NY I was asked a question about whether or not I invest in ethical companies. Also during the intro, we were asked "fun facts" about us. Seemed cheesy to me.
PwC Audit Associate Interview McLean, VA What type of news outlets do you pay attention to and how do they affect your daily life?
PwC Audit Associate Interview Calgary, AB (Canada) Why PwC? Describe a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. How is PwC different from other firms? Why this province?
PwC Audit Associate Interview San Francisco, CA In the interview I mentioned a project I've done and then the interviewer was interested in it and asked the detail. So to impress the interviewer, I suggest to prepare well for all the details of each project you did and don't mention anything you are not well prepared of.
PwC Audit Associate Interview Colombo (Sri Lanka) What is your career plan for the next two years.
PwC Audit Associate Interview Manila, Manila (Philippines) Discipline or Motivation
PwC Audit Associate Interview New York, NY Give me an example of getting a negative feedback from supervisor? What can you bring to PwC?