PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Audit Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Florham Park, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first. then separate interview at the office with other candidates, part of the super day. I interviewed with a partner, manager, and HR all separately for about 20 minutes each. after the interview an associate took the candidates out to lunch. heard back about an hour after lunch

Interview Questions

• Standard Behavioral Questions, describe a time where you had to work in a group to accomplish a goal   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through college or university. All behavioral questions. The first round was an on-campus 30-minute interview with a manager. The second round were three 30-minute interviews back to back with a partner and two managers. Got the offer right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if one of your co-worker is disclosing some confidential information to others?   Answer Question
    • What makes a team effective?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you have to adapt to a new culture.   Answer Question
    • Why do you think audit work is important?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on website, received 30 min phone interview a week later. Received a voicemail from recruiter 2 weeks later inviting me to 2nd round interviews. Was flown out there 2 weeks laters with paid hotel. Had a pre-interview bowling night with several candidates, professionals, and others who accepted their offers earlier in the semester. Then had the interview day from 9am to 2pm. Received an offer 3.5 hours later.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

After exchanging emails, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview was framed as a brief chat but in reality it was a phone interview. The questions asked were mainly about why this position, why this location, career goals etc. The questions weren't difficult nor were there any curve balls. I did feel that I was misled by the recruiter as to the nature of the call as I had no indication beforehand that this phone call was to be an interview. Main takeaway is that any time you speak with a recruiter you should be prepared as if it is going to be an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would your most recent employer have to say about you?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in November 2015.

Interview

I had an initial 30 minute phone interview with a recruiter- mainly behavioral questions. I was then contacted by a recruiter at the specific location. The recruiter scheduled an office interview. PwC paid for my flight to the interview, my overnight hotel stay, and reimbursements for taxi fares. The interview was much more casual than I had expected (take this with a grain of sand- I'm not saying your interview will be easy!). I interviewed with a senior manager and a partner. Both conversation were casual and I found myself asking most of the questions. Definitely emphasized my love of travel and love of the city in which the office was located. The interviews were about 30 minutes each. Then I was taken to lunch by 2 staff and 1 senior staff. The lunch was very casual with normal conversations. Overall, I had a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round on campus, interviewed with a senior manager, who was really nice. Second round office visit, interviewed with three people at different level: senior associate, senior manager and partner. They were all supportive. No tough questions asked. Very conversational. Be prepare to show the best of yourself and build personal connection with interviewers. A few questions were all about team work.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you use accounting knowledge to do a project/ solve problem. Some other team work questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Was a good interview with good people. I felt very welcomed by the staff and people that worked there. The interview process was very standard in a sense that they asked basic behavioral questions. There was a total of three 45 minute interviews throughout the day.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There is an on campus interview, and then a second round, in office interview. The on campus interview is with one of the recruiters. The in office interview is with a manager and a partner at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why have you chosen Audit over tax?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied as a campus hire. The process was smoother and rather informal. There was an on-campus interview followed with three on-site interviews with different staff levels. On-site interview took a large majority of the day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

two-day interview. There were about over twenty persons coming for this group interview. I was told that every week there are such one or two group interview going on in this building. And it was relaxing because there are some warm-up activities. But I think the most important part is the 1:1 interview.