PwC Interview Questions in Calgary, AB | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2016

3.1

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Interview

Application
    I applied online.

Interview
    1st Round: Went for a one-on-one in person interview with the Manger . behavioural

2nd Round: PPTC which included a written exercise, a group discussion, a partner interview

Written (45 min) - Given a case to read through and write a report about it. Structure and fluent writing is important. Pros/Cons

Group (1 hour) - In a group with 6 other applicants where each is given the same case to read. After about 20 min, you will have to discuss the case amongst yourselves and come up with a recommendation.

Partner Interview (30 min) - behavioural based.

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was with a senior manager at the office. The interview was very conversational and comfortable. The recruitment team called the next day to schedule for the PPTC & extend and invite to a social which was held at the offices the night before PPTC. PPTC was from 8am to about 1pm. We were split into groups of 5-6 and took turns moving through the various stages (group case, individual report, partner interview, and office tour) then regrouped and had lunch. The individual report was the most difficult part for most people mainly due to the time constraint. The group case was all about seeing how each candidate is able to interact with others. The partner interview was also very conversational and comfortable just like the first round interview. Overall, the process seems long and intimidating but it flies by and they make you feel so comfortable it doesn't feel like an interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why PwC?
      What do you know about CPA?
      What made you go into accounting?
      The behavioural questions were mostly directed specifically to experiences on the resume i.e. work experience, volunteer experience.
      For example: Can you tell me about a time you led a team at this job?
      Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

5 levels of interview (4 of them over the Phone and 1 in person).
    First interview was with HR over the phone. Second was with HR over the phone, Third was with the Director of the team over the phone. Fourth was an in person interview with a Partner at the firm. Fifth was an interview of the phone with another Director within the team. Multiple other back and forth conversations with the Talent Acquisition person.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my overall experience and exposure to different industries that I worked in given my AX Consulting background.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

applied through college or university; The process consists of one interview with managers. It was conversational talking and also behavioral questions. Mainly tried to see if you would be a good fit with their team.

Senior Associate/Manager - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a telephonic conversation with one Benjamin from the Toronto office. He was impressed with my skills and I made him clear that PwC will not be able to meet my salary expectation. However, he insisted that I proceed forward with the interview process. Next I was interviewed by a panel consisting of the Partner and 2 Directors. The interview went well and after couple of days another HR from the Calgary office called me to follow up and ask my expected salary again. He mentioned that they will get back to me in a day or two with the verbal offer. They never got back to me. PwC didn't even have to courtesy to return my call or my emails or send me a regret letter.

New Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks. First step in the process was a phone interview, all questions are behavioral questions. One week after I got an invitation for the second and final step, it's a one day event including an interview with a partner, a group exercise, a written exercise and a logical reasoning test.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Since I applied to a PwC office in another province, my first interview was through Skype. Most questions are about your past experience with team work, leadership, etc. 2-3 days later they called me and invited me to a second round interview. Flight and accommodations were taken care of. Awesome! Second round consists of 5 parts: partner interview, written exercise, group exercise, office tour, and lunch.The interview with the partner is the easiest in my opinion. Written exercise was challenging. We were given 30 minutes to read a bunch of stuff and write a 1-2 page report. There was not enough time. Remember to bring a watch! The report has nothing to do with Accounting so you don't have to review your Accounting notes. Group exercise was okay. Again, we weren't given a lot of time to read and discuss the case. Just remember to be a team player! At night, they invited us to have dinner at a restaurant. They brought out a lot of staff and partners.

Overall, I think all my interviewers are really nice and professional. It was a good experience and the most unique interview I have ever had.

No results are given until the end of the blackout period.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC? Describe a time when you stepped out of your comfort zone. How is PwC different from other firms? Why this province?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I have applied on-line, then I received an email after 2 weeks, asking if I want to continue the process. We scheduled a phone interview. I received a call promptly at the scheduled time, and we started talking about my CV. Then there were some technical questions, which seemed to not be very well related to the position that I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview with some technical questions and get-to-know you CV questions. The technical questions seemed to not be related to the position.   Answer Question

New Associate - Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process:
    -First Round Telephone Interview (approximately 30 min.)

If you advance to the Assessment Day, you should expect the following major activities:
    -Cognitive Test (20 min.)
    -Group Case Study (45 min.)
    -Second Interview [telephone or in-person] (approximately 1 hr.)
    -Office Tour (approximately 45 min.)
    -Networking Event (approximately 1 hr.)

Audit Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview with Partner - asked personality questions
    Interview one and one with Manager and Senior Manager to ask questions on education, background, and Behavioral questions
    Asked to do a quick ufe type case to ensure accounting knowledge was adequate
    Asked about education and CA qualifications

Interview Questions

• Example of how to deal with conflict - say didn't agree with manager's/client views   1 Answer

Negotiation

none