PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.9

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment and had a 30 min phone interview with an employee. After the phone interview, I was invited to the super day in Chicago office. A few days before the super day (about 48 hours) I was emailed material for a case study. You could get familiarized with the case but wouldn't receive questions until the super day. The super day started with about an hour to prep a presentation to answer the questions that they give you. Then, current employees walk you around from interviewer to interviewer. I had 3 one-on-one interviews, and presented my case presentation to the last interviewer (other candidates presented to the first interview, some to the second). Mostly behavioral, situational questions aside from the case. I got a call a few days later with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to work in a difficult group setting? How did you manage to succeed or work with each other?   1 Answer
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career portal, invited for on-campus interview with a partner for 30 minutes, selected to second-round interview through Google Hangouts with senior employee week after, then received verbal offer day following.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up-to-date with recent events happening?   1 Answer

Elevate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (DeKalb, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I sent in my resume through my school's job site and also applied on their website. I got invited for a back-to-back on-campus interview a week after I sent in my application. The interviews were 45 minutes each. One was with an Audit Partner and the other was with a Tax Manager. Both of them were very nice and friendly and made the interview a very comfortable experience. The interview is basically all behavioral questions so prepare specific examples of any situation they ask of you. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to do research for something.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time in work or school where someone wasn't "pulling their weight" and how you addressed/resolve it.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Response to a posting online, contacted by local market recruiter, scheduled for a phone screen with a Director, and 2 Managers. Proceeded to office visit, consisting of interviews with several Partners in the office and HR Manager. Received updates from recruiting manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior work experience   1 Answer

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me over LinkedIn and scheduled a telephonic discussion with her immediately. Post discussion I was scheduled for a technical discussion with some Sr. Manager within a week, then was selected for in person interview in their Chicago office. In person interview was with 3 persons - 2 director and 1 partner. Mostly discussed about Advisory aspects and viewpoints. Then I received verbal offer from HR within a week of Personal Interview. Actual offer letter was released after 3-4 business days of verbal commitment.

Interview Questions

• Selling Plans, Estimation Techniques, Situation Driven Analysis.   1 Answer

Salary was not par. They didn't asked about my current compensation and provided an offer with some hypothetical figure which was mere $3K more than what I was making at that point. Salary negotiation is almost impossible although I had very niche and rare skill sets.

Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Thorough and formal Interview process. Consisted of a 60 minute first round In-Person interview with a Manager and Director to determine if candidate was a good fit and a second round online Interview with several Managers, Directors, and Partners. They were timely and responded within 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you in particular to this position? Tell me about a time you had to describe a complicated process to a general audience.   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview which led to an In-person team interview. Everyone was very personable, knowledgeable, and friendly, from the phone screen to the Director. Location was very easy to get to, and they reimburse you for parking if you use that. The team was diverse and honest about challenges, goals, and workload upfront.

Interview Questions

• Your background is atypical of Instructional Designers we typically hire. How do you think your qualifications will help our team?   2 Answers

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied PWC through online by seeing job posting in glassdoor website .The whole process took more then 2 months.First round was initial screen by 2 persons over the phone in 2 weeks followed by F2F with 3 interviews at there office (Chicago location) with Partner and two Directors.

The overall Interview process was very well till the final F2F round.After that I keep following my HR person to know the result,but never got any concrete answer.They said interview went well but never heard back from HR which looks bit awkward from such a big name.If they don't want to hire you then they should tell clearly.There is no harm to inform the candidate rather then not saying anything to them.

I was lucky I had another offer and joined the different company rather then joining company who don't disclose anything with the candidate/employee.

Interview Questions

• 1)Background about yourself.
      2)Why PWC and Contracting job.
      3)Are you ready to travel every week at client location.
      4)How will you handle tough situation in project if client is not satisfied by your work?
      5)How will you maintain good relationship with client?
      6)How long you are in your particular domain/industry?
      1 Answer

START Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I interviewed with a partner I had already met a couple of times so it was very conversational. The second round interviews were through Google hangouts and we had technical difficulties but both people who interviewed me that day were very nice and it didn't even feel like an interview. They pretty much just want to see the kind of person you are and if you're someone they'd like to work with in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How do you keep up with current events?
      Why PwC?
      What do you know about PwC?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to the Technology consulting practice as an intern. There were 2 on campus interviews, one which was a case interview (information provided beforehand) and the other which was behavior. Followed up by 2 on site interview, both of which were behavioral. Interviewers were all nice people and great to talk with. As long as you prepare and are good at behavioral interviews, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Difficult situation in a team and how did you handle that?   1 Answer
    • Talk about yourself   1 Answer