PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. It consisted of 3 rounds. The second round was only somewhat technical in that I was asked how I felt about the federal governments involvement in the GM bankruptcy. Everything else asked was about my resume and personal life.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the government's role in the GM bankruptcy?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when your classmates were struggling with a certain issue and you provided insight that allowed everyone to find the solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated nothing.

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

I completed the application for PwC a few weeks before thanksgiving through Careerbuilder. About 2 weeks later I was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Everything went well, the questions were basic and the recruiter was extremely pleasant. A few weeks later, I received a follow up call about a face to face interview with the hiring manager and a peer, Surprisingly, I received an on the spot interview with another PwC member (good sign). About 3 days later I received a call and an offer, which I gladly accepted.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work @ PwC?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offered great compensation for my experience, job role and skills.

FS Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I interned in another group, was referred into Advisory, but was not part of inital interviews due to attending a non-target school.

Was contacted by HR in late February to see if I was still interested. Had an initial screening interview with HR for 30 mins over the phone.

Emails a few days/week later to set up a phone interview with a partner out of NYC. All behavioral questions.

Contacted a week or two after to get an invite to come to Chicago to attend an office interview. I believe I was the only candidate coming in, ther was no group or office tour (which was fine since I interned in that office and knew most of the things already).

2 1:1 interviews with 2 Directors. All Behavioral. Walk me through your resume/Tell me about yourself, why consulting, why PwC, give me a time..., etc.

Interview Questions

• None. No technical or out of the ordinary questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Standard package for all Associates. Pay may change depending on city location due to CoL

Advisory Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Very professional and typical. Initial setting was phone interviews, then in person one on one. They were collaborative and desiring of someone who was experienced in a particular practice area.

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me over LinkedIn and scheduled a telephonic discussion with her immediately. Post discussion I was scheduled for a technical discussion with some Sr. Manager within a week, then was selected for in person interview in their Chicago office. In person interview was with 3 persons - 2 director and 1 partner. Mostly discussed about Advisory aspects and viewpoints. Then I received verbal offer from HR within a week of Personal Interview. Actual offer letter was released after 3-4 business days of verbal commitment.

Interview Questions

• Selling Plans, Estimation Techniques, Situation Driven Analysis.   Answer Question

Salary was not par. They didn't asked about my current compensation and provided an offer with some hypothetical figure which was mere $3K more than what I was making at that point. Salary negotiation is almost impossible although I had very niche and rare skill sets.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

The people at PwC were great. The final interview day consisted of three one-on-one interviews where we just talked about my experiences and what it's like to work at the firm. They really tried to get to know me instead of simply asking scripted questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

Very easy interview, all behavioral. No problems or brain teasers. Most of the time we just talked about sports. The in house interviews were even easier. I think if you get the in-house, you pretty much have the offer in hand. At that point they just want to make you feel important so you will go witht hem.

HIA Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

I found out of this position through a professor who was contacted by a recruiter for possible students that would be interested. I did not go through a phone screening or first-round campus interviews. I was invited to the Chicago office for a two day event which consisted of a dinner with the recruiter and some partners and associates on Day 1 and on Day 2, which started at 8:30am, we had a welcome introduction, 2 back-to-back behavioral interviews lasting about 45 mins each, a panel discussion time for Q&A, and then a lunch which concluded the event at 1pm.

Interview Questions

• If you were ever placed in a position or task that you felt uncomfortable doing or didn't have enough experience to perform it to expected ability, would would you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary negotiations for an internship aren't really necessary.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

My interview process was a little outside the norm. I had established contact with a Director this past spring and I emailed her, emphasizing my interest in the firm. She got me in touch with the HR Director in the Chicago office.

Also, at my college, one of my former professors informed me that I should take part in on-campus interviews with PwC as another way of getting my foot in the door. This interview was primarily behavioral, with a chance to ask questions at the end. About a week later, I received a phone call from the lady I interviewed with on campus and she informed me that they really liked me, I had a great interview, and they wanted to invite me to continue in the process.

The in-office interview was a two-day process. The night before there was a dinner with all the candidates for positions in the firm. Numerous PwC associates were there to answer questions about the firm. The next day I had the office interview. I met with an Audit Manger and a Partner. Had really good conversations with both. Questions posed by them were related to my career aspirations, how I came about becoming interested in PwC, and a time where I was able to successfully use my network in order to achieve a goal.

Overall the interview process was relatively easy if you come in prepared. Know what you want (assurance, advisory, international opps, salary range, why you want to work for PwC), know what you can do (skill sets, previous experiences), and how you can add value (what sets you apart). If you know those things, you're golden.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you used your network to achieve a goal or solve a problem?   Answer Question

PwC offers tremendous international opportunities (which is one thing I was very interested in), and it's a very prestigious firm, and looks great on the resume, but I turned it down because I was interested in a sooner start date than what they offered. Also, I had a better offer from another firm in Chicago, offering me a higher salary and much sooner start date.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

I didn't have a typical recruiting process. A friend of the family forwarded my resume on to the HR department at PWC and I was contacted via email about an initial phone screen. The phone screen took 30-45min with a Director in the Advisory practice. Three days later I received an email asking me to do an office visit in Chicago.

The office visit consisted of two days of activities. The first day/night was a dinner with recent hires as well as seniors in the Advisory practice. The following day was an office welcome, two interviews with a director and then a partner, an office tour and then a question/answer panel. Overall the interview process was fairly easy. They asked basic questions about my resume, class work, group projects etc. It was more of a conversational interview then anything which made the time go by very quickly.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked on a group project? What was the project? and describe the process from start to finish.   Answer Question
    • Why PWC?   Answer Question