PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.9

198 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Campus interview with behavior questions focused on each element of PwC's professional framework. Can vary depending on who you are interviewing with. Some people prefer to go "off-script" and have a conversation. Others may stick to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to convince other people to agree with your choice.   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The whole process took a week. First interview was on campus. Two days after the first interview, I got a call to schedule the second interview. The second interview was an virtual interview through google hangouts, I got an offer one day after my second interview. The first on campus interview was very easy, conversation with a partner, some behavioral questions. The second interview was with a manager, it was much harder with several difficult interview questions including new lease and revenue recognition accounting standards and my thoughts on that, and some questions about my previous internship experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest obstacle in life?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you have to establish connection with clients, colleagues, or team members.   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you practice professional skepticism either at your internship or at school for school project   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online though PwC's campus recruiting page. I then went to the Career Fair at my school and talked to a Partner. I found out a few days later that I had an on-campus interview the following week. The night before the interview there was a meet and greet session with the Partners, managers and associates. Come prepared with some questions as some employees will wait for you to ask a question - but in general it is more conversational. Then the on campus interview was about 45 minutes. The interview only consisted of 3 behavioral questions and the rest of the time was to ask questions to the Partner (so come prepared with good questions.) I found out 2 days later that I got a second round interview - this round would be virtual. It was conducted using Google Hangouts. The interview was the following week. The first 15 minutes were casual conversation with an associate - the last 30-45 were with a director/partner/senior manager. There were many more behavioral questions during the virtual interview. Refer to the "PwC Professional" for things they may ask and how you should frame your answers. I found out the following evening (via phone call around 7pm) that I received an offer with the firm. I am now waiting on details regarding salary, and the "Celebrate You" event at the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a co-worker who was difficult to get along with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to learn a technology that was unfamiliar to you?   Answer Question
    • Group member not putting in fair share of work?   Answer Question

Winter Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Round one on school campus with one professional. with behavioral questions surrounding the PwC Professional. Round 2 was through google hangouts with one tax partner which was also behavioral. Afterwards, there was an office tour where I met the professionals in tax.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received feedback from an instructor.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Easy interview process with the recruiter and lead partner and HR lead. Had a half hour initial screening with the recruiter over the phone. Later in the week had a 45 min phone call with the HR Lead and week after, spoke on the phone with the lead partner.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

- Meet recruiter in Meet the firm and went to a couple of PWC career events
    - applied intern online and got an interview. The interview was pretty easy. The tax director interviewed me. It took about 30 minutes and all the questions are behavioral

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a hard situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

IFS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I had one campus interview and a virtual final round interview with 2 employees. One was an experienced associate and the other was a manager. The interview was pretty easy. It was all behavioral questions asking how I worked in a teamwork setting.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

2 On-campus interviews. One was behavioral, other was a case. Case was provide 2 days before and we then had 45 minutes in the interview to draw out a slide presentation. Then for 20 minutes we presented our solution to a partner.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (DeKalb, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

One on-campus interview and a second interview via Google Hangouts. Interview was with a tax manager for the first round. The second round consisted of a web call with a partner and a manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; Tell me about a time you took the lead in a project   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was thorough and professional. I interviewed with a variety of different staff/manager levels which allowed me to ask different "types" of questions. The interview lasted several hours and also included lunch.