PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.9

Elevate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (DeKalb, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I sent in my resume through my school's job site and also applied on their website. I got invited for a back-to-back on-campus interview a week after I sent in my application. The interviews were 45 minutes each. One was with an Audit Partner and the other was with a Tax Manager. Both of them were very nice and friendly and made the interview a very comfortable experience. The interview is basically all behavioral questions so prepare specific examples of any situation they ask of you. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to do research for something.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time in work or school where someone wasn't "pulling their weight" and how you addressed/resolve it.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me over LinkedIn and scheduled a telephonic discussion with her immediately. Post discussion I was scheduled for a technical discussion with some Sr. Manager within a week, then was selected for in person interview in their Chicago office. In person interview was with 3 persons - 2 director and 1 partner. Mostly discussed about Advisory aspects and viewpoints. Then I received verbal offer from HR within a week of Personal Interview. Actual offer letter was released after 3-4 business days of verbal commitment.

Interview Questions

• Selling Plans, Estimation Techniques, Situation Driven Analysis.   Answer Question

Salary was not par. They didn't asked about my current compensation and provided an offer with some hypothetical figure which was mere $3K more than what I was making at that point. Salary negotiation is almost impossible although I had very niche and rare skill sets.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

On campus interview during college and then in-person interview at the hiring office.
    I talked with 2 associates while in the waiting room and then spoke with the hiring manager for on campus.

I spoke with several managers during the hiring office interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your weakness?

Tell me about team experiences?

Why this role?
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

the first round of interview was phone interview, just some general questions about education and personality; after few days got on-site interview invitation, PwC paid to get on-site to do one-on-one interview, 3 interviews in a roll, meeting manager/senior manager/partner. It wasn't too challenging, they just wanna get to know about you.

International Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process began with coffee with a team director. HR then held a phone screen. Finally, PwC brought me in for a dinner, followed by three interviews with a director, a manager, and a partner, respectively. The day concluded with a lunch with associates and other prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in a collegial, fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but HR did not budge.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career portal, invited for on-campus interview with a partner for 30 minutes, selected to second-round interview through Google Hangouts with senior employee week after, then received verbal offer day following.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up-to-date with recent events happening?   Answer Question

Tax Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back from one of the recruiters. The interview was over Google hangouts and was intended to be more casual. After the interview, it took about two weeks to hear back. All of the interview questions were behavioral. We did not go over anything on my resume. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would do if you overheard a confidential conversation that you were not intended to hear.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview which led to an In-person team interview. Everyone was very personable, knowledgeable, and friendly, from the phone screen to the Director. Location was very easy to get to, and they reimburse you for parking if you use that. The team was diverse and honest about challenges, goals, and workload upfront.

Interview Questions

• Your background is atypical of Instructional Designers we typically hire. How do you think your qualifications will help our team?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Response to a posting online, contacted by local market recruiter, scheduled for a phone screen with a Director, and 2 Managers. Proceeded to office visit, consisting of interviews with several Partners in the office and HR Manager. Received updates from recruiting manager.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to the Technology consulting practice as an intern. There were 2 on campus interviews, one which was a case interview (information provided beforehand) and the other which was behavior. Followed up by 2 on site interview, both of which were behavioral. Interviewers were all nice people and great to talk with. As long as you prepare and are good at behavioral interviews, you should be fine.