PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.9

START Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied in late september and was notified about a week later that I had an on campus interview. There was a pre-interview dinner, which was very laid back and was meant for us to get to know our interviewers. The next day was the interview, which went over a couple questions about the pwc professional and just generic behavioral questions. About a week later I was notified I advanced to the office visit. The office visit was very nice and comprised of three thirty minute interviews back to back. Overall, those interviews were very easy and I got a call two business days later notifying me that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to use your network to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Very basic behavioral question interview on campus with an alumnus. Was invited for a superday of 3 interviews, one with a partner and 2 with managers. Thought interviews went well, however my interview with the partner interrupted a phone call with a client. The partner ran to the restroom after the interview as well. Partners have the most say and was surprised when I was not given an offer at first but looking back the partner rushed my interview.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you had to work with another person who was very different from you. How did you overcome these differences?   Answer Question

Technology Consulting Interview

Application

Interview

Two first round interviews, both behavioral. The interviews focused on two different aspects of the PwC Professional Framework. Two weeks later, I was offered a second round interview at their Chicago office. My second round interviews included one case interview and a behavioral interview, with a director and partner, respectively.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on that was impacted by social, cultural, environmental, and economic factors.   Answer Question

Risk Advisory Summer Associate Interview

Application

Interview

2 rounds on campus
    2 rounds in chicago - 1 case and 1 behavioral

The behavioral interviews on campus were pretty mainstream. About 3,4 questions based on the resume description provided by you.

The final behavioral was with a HR personnel. This was a way to gauge confidence levels and attitude etc.

Case was tricky due to the time constraint, but there too its the approach that is being tested not the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interviews like - name one instance when you were in a tough spot and how did you manage to pull through   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Meet with four people for 45 minutes
    Interview you about the values of PwC and ask you to apply them to your life
    Ask how you keep up with finance and internal audit news

Seasonal Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was not a formal interview. I was expecting some type of behavioral questions, but the person who interviewed me just asked me some random question. He was trying to see if i had some past tax experience but I would not be applying for a tax internship if I did. I was applying so i can gain some experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what the ladder up program is?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

Interview

I had the help from my professors and school director through sessions of what the employer might ask me to do according to previous students who got the same position before. Also my resume was reviewed by several people to make it better. Also I had a pre interview which worked as practice for the final interview with a PwC manager - the person I had the interview with ended up becoming my boss.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation about salary; only over how many hours I would be able to work - I said I'm ready to get the job done!

Technology Consulting Interview

Application

Interview

I did a total of four interviews. Two interviews took place on campus; one interview was behavioral and the other was technical. I also completed to on site interviews at the employer location. One interview was behavioral and the other was based on a case received 24 hours in advance.

Interview Questions

• Describe your personality.
      Please tell me about a time where you faced adversity?
      Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview, one on campus and one office visit. On-campus interview was behavior interview and the interviewer was very nice. Campus visit encompasses three parts for Transaction Services. One case interview and two behavioral interviews. Don't worry about the case interview as long as you have a solid accounting knowledge. Prepare the case ahead of time and questions were pretty predictable.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavior questions. It is helpful to have a better understanding of PwC Professional Framework   Answer Question

Management Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was defintely one of the most structured interview process. There were instructions and help in every step of the recruitment. The first round was general back-to-back behavioral interviews, but depending on your interviewer, there could be a case involved. The second round was a back-to-back on site interview that consists of one case and one behavioural interivew.