PwC Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.9

Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I did a total of four interviews. Two interviews took place on campus; one interview was behavioral and the other was technical. I also completed to on site interviews at the employer location. One interview was behavioral and the other was based on a case received 24 hours in advance.

Interview Questions

• Describe your personality.
      Please tell me about a time where you faced adversity?
      Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview, one on campus and one office visit. On-campus interview was behavior interview and the interviewer was very nice. Campus visit encompasses three parts for Transaction Services. One case interview and two behavioral interviews. Don't worry about the case interview as long as you have a solid accounting knowledge. Prepare the case ahead of time and questions were pretty predictable.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavior questions. It is helpful to have a better understanding of PwC Professional Framework   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was defintely one of the most structured interview process. There were instructions and help in every step of the recruitment. The first round was general back-to-back behavioral interviews, but depending on your interviewer, there could be a case involved. The second round was a back-to-back on site interview that consists of one case and one behavioural interivew.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process included two parts:

1: Two behavioral interviews on campus
    2: Case Interview and behavioral interviews on site (Chicago)

The first part included back to back interviews with current managers. The second part included a case study with a partner and another behavioral interview with a partner.

I heard back the same day as the second round interview in Chicago.

They paid for everything for the interview in Chicago

Core Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Got to final rounds in Chicago. There were three interviews. One with a partner about general stuff and relationships. One with HR manager about global acumen. One with assurance senior manager about technical capabilities, which was the hardest. Assigned a partner to take me around the office throughout the day. People were nice. Pleasant work environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep updated on changes in business environments?   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Couple tech phone screens, in-person with 2 directors and a partner on-site. The interview process was very long and drawn out for no good reason. All of the questions were pretty easy. A lot of time was wasted on the interviewer trying to understand the template they had to follow. When they finally got all their decision making together they offered a salary drastically below market value.

I do not view this company as a high-end firm. They waste time pursuing top talent and the salaries are low.

Interview Questions

• You will get asked a question on globalization / international affairs because it is on the template.   Answer Question

Low salary, poor communication.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took a little over a month. First one was a phone interview and then I was flown to Chicago for in-person interview (1 case and 2 behavioral). I was from a non-target school.

Application

Interview

First round was a phone interview. There recruiter mainly asked me questions from my resume and 3 easy behavioral questions. My second round was in the Chicago office. This consisted of 3 interviews - 2 behavioral and 1 case. An overview of the case was given 48 hours in advance, and the day of the interview, you are given questions and you have 45 minutes to come up with a presentation. I presented to one interviewer - we were both sitting down so less pressure. The two behavioral were very enjoyable. I think they had a set of behavioral questions, but we ended up veering away from them and discussing other more, conversational topics. I don't think there is a standard set of questions we need to answer, just more of a potential list if the conversation doesn't flow. Overall, good interview and cool office.

Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and final onsite interview. The interviewers were very friendly and helpful. HR coordinated everything very well and were very prompt with decision emails. After the phone interview, I got the email for the next onsite interview within a week. And also the decision of the onsite interview 2 days after the interview. They are much faster than most places I have interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Mostly behavioral. Leadership based questions. " Tell me a time when...." kind of questions. 30 mins duration.
      Onsite interview: Three 30 mins interview. 2 behavioral and 1 case study interview. Behavioral interviews have all different kinds of questions related to leadership, time management, working under stress kind of questions. For case study, you will be given a case 2 days in advance and you will have to prepare a ppt based on questions given to you at the interview ( time to prepare the ppt - 45 mins, and presentation time : 30 mins)
      Answer Question

Summer Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Prior to the first round, all candidates were invited to a networking event at a restaurant. Be warned, make sure to make a good impression on your recruiters. This is basically to gauge the candidates' people-skills and ability to network. The first round was with on-campus with a manager.

I was later invited to the final round at the chicago office, where I did 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case/presentation interview. Prior to the final round, all candidates were given a case study -- to be presented to the interviewer on super day. On super day, all candidates have time before the interviews to prepare their presentation.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to deal with an annoying team member. What did you do?   Answer Question