PwC Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was quite basic. it consisted with an informal meet and greet with a "buddy" for the day and then it was a series of four, more or less, behaviorally based interviews: two partner interviews and two manager / director interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma in the work place. Who was involved? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Negotiation

yes. they always low ball the initial salary. I was offered a much lower offer for a city that is much more expensive to live in that I was initially looking at.. they were helpful and understanding.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

One on one on campus interview then went to office and sat wtih five different managers.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in January 2009.

Interview

Initial Interview was two half-hour interviews with two different managers. One was behavioral, the other was case-based. The case was from a book of a dozen or so cases and the interviewer tried to pick a case that matched with my background. Second interview was more involved. It started with coffee with 2 1-3 year consultants. There was 3 interviewees there. We talked for 45 minutes or so with them predominantly answering our questions. Then, we had 3, 1/2 hour interviews with various senior consultants/managers that were behavioral based. Some were well prepared, one I think hadn't even looked at my resume yet. The last part involved a 30-minute presentation by the HR person and then 2 other junior consultants answered more questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Seattle, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

The interview consisted of four one on one interviews with each level of the department, each interview lasted for half an hour. I interviewed with a staff, senior, manager, and director. Questions during each of the interviews were focused on understanding my experience, work habits, and problem solving skills. In addition to making sure you have experience that fits with their practice they also want to know that you are ready to work long hours with a good attitude and that you are ready to deal with some potentially demanding clients.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you have two competing deadlines but there is not enough time to complete both?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Athens (Greece)).

Interview

I had a competency based skype interview with the Director of the Energy department of Advisory. The discussion was mainly based on my CV and on the soft skills of mine.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Berlin (Germany)) in May 2017.

Interview

There were two Rounds of interviews - The 1st one was on the phone, second in person at the Berlin office. They posed lots of cases and asked very little personal questions, which I found very weird. I asked myself: Are they not interested what kind of person I am? In the end they didn't give me any feedback whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• Why us? Why not the consultancy you have interned with?   Answer Question

There was no room for questions from my side - seemed very arrogant, as If it were only them assessing me and not the other way round as well!

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in May 2017.

Interview

the interview process consisted of 4 stages:
    - HR phone interview: Behavioral questions, easy
    -Assessment center (written report + group assessment for a case problem)
    - Interview with Manager: Behavioral questions + 2 business acumen questions
    - Interview with partner: Behavioral + questions about the company and business acumen, wasn’t hard but the questions were the hardest among all stages

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through Campus Registration. The process had three parts- Written Test, Technical Interview, HR+ Telephonic interview. The process just took one day.
    Everything is based on your CV. They will very quickly perform a background check on you.
    The carriers assisting PWC team are very careless as they lost my documents and at the end, HR had no option but to send me away.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to switch to Consultancy being a mechanical engineer?
      Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      2 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

It began with on-line tests and then a group dynamic, where we had to create a fictional company, build a logo with legos, and then we had a case study, followed by the presentation of the case study

Interview Questions

• Why I was applying for PwC and for what area   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

The interview process is long and requires people with good communication skills for the consulting role. As part of technology consulting the PwC technical rounds are not too difficult but the client technical rounds can be difficult.

Interview Questions

• They asked to describe a conflict with a past colleague and how I handled it.   1 Answer