PwC Experienced Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Experienced Audit Associate Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and within a few weeks got a call back from a recruiter. We set up a phone interview which lasted about an hour and focused on my career education and skills. After the phone interview, I got set up for an in-person interview, which was an interview with 3 separate people: first a manager, then a senior manager, and then a partner. Each of the in-person interviews seemed more behavioral based, but each focused on a different set of personality traits. Was made a verbal job offer a few days later. The entire process took less than a month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Grand Rapids, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who had me send my resume to the hiring manager and subsequently it was sent to a recruiter. The recruiter contacted me within two days after I first sent my resume in and we scheduled a phone interview within the first week. The recruiter and I had a thirty minutes phone interview and then I was contacted to have an in office interview within the next two weeks.

During the in office interview I met with two partners and one manager for thirty minutes each. The first partner asked strictly technical questions and was assessing how my previous experience will match with PwC. The second partner asked more about my university experience and resume background, but also some very technical questions. The manager conducted the global acumen portion of the interview. This was specifically about my knowledge of current global trends and also about my experience working with teams that spanned geographic areas.

The in office interview was difficult for me because my previous experience did not match what they were looking for and they seemed very skeptical from the beginning and I got the impression I had to prove to them why I deserved the job, not necessarily that it was my job to lose.

Please prepare yourself by understanding very well how your current skills will match up to the open position. It will be very challenging if you do not have experience in the industries that the office serves. Also be prepared for technical questions about auditing A/R, A/P, complicated audit areas you have faced, and global audit experience and examples how the global economy is affecting your clients.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you think your previous experiences will fit? Why PwC? Tell me about yourself.
      Q: How do you expect the firm to train you seeing that your previous experience is in different industries than what we serve?
      Q: What is a typical for profit client that you work on? What was the most complicated area you audited on this client? What made this complicated? Are there estimates that you need to make judgments on and that have risks associated?
      Q: What is your knowledge and experience with peer reviews? Do you know what the regulations and peer review is like on pubic companies?
      Q: How do you audit A/R and A/P? Walk me through the procedures you take to audit these areas?
      Q: Would you feel comfortable taking a different title than the one you currently have with your company in order to be with PwC? How would you react to an intern knowing more about the software and culture than you although you have more public accounting experience?
      Q: Name a time that your audit team spanned geographic areas? What were some of the obstacles that you faced with this?
      Q: Name how global events have directly affected your clients recently?
      Q: What do you think are the most pressing global trends that you see for your clients?
      Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in September 2015.

Interview

I was reached out by the recruiter. Had a phone interview about 20 minutes. Ask simple questions such as CPA status, availability. Then was invited to the 2nd round interview with manager, Partner, and HR manager, back to back, 30 minutes each. Really nice and down to earth people. Fantastic experience.

Interview Questions

• why PwC? What did you do before? Ask about my personal interest, why public accounting, tell me about yourself. HR with behavior questions: teamwork, leadership, work ethics   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

After a phone screening, i had two interviews with two separate partners in one day. Not intimidating; actually very, very open! Was later called and asked about interest in joining a different industry grouping than partners I interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a difficult client encounter and how did you resolve or diffuse the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The Interview Process is very fast. There are two rounds.
    - First is telephonic with the HR. The interview with HR is general - 1) Walk thorough of Resume 2) Why you want to leave current employer 3) Why PWC. 4) How much do you get compensated currently 5) What are your expectation
    - Second is, office visit, with 3 different Managers and Sr. Managers with each interview being 45 min long. For the 2nd round, be prepared for lot of situation questions, you can find all of them on Glassdoor interview questions for PWC. For me the 1st 45 min interview was with Sr. Manager. She asked me technical questions about accounting and auditing - 1) What audit areas have you worked on 2) What was the most difficult testing area and how did you manage it 3) How do you perform substantive testing 3) Walk me through one of the Balance Sheet account substantive testing and what kind of document support would you request to complete the testings 4) Difference between GAAP and IFRS 5) Have you worked with people from diverse cultures. The 2nd interview was with Sr. Manager, it was general questions. She was more interested in knowing more about me, am I career focused, what are my goals in life, what value can I add to PWC. The 3rd was with Manager, this was more situation - 1) How will you handle a touch client/ supervisor 2) One time you stood up on your views 3) Any tools you implemented which helped the team 4) What other activities do you participate in etc.

There is not much negotiation once you receive an offer. They compensation is very standard as per the industry level.

Interview Questions

• The Interview Process is very fast. There are two rounds.
      Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

First round is about 20-30 minutes phone interview with HR. Then I got into second round which is a phone interview with their manager and took about 40 minutes. Basically behavioral questions focusing on leadership skills, maintain relationship, teamwork, giving feedback, etc. Then about a week later, HR follow up with me to set up an office interview.

Interview Questions

• What to do to maintain good relationship with clients?   Answer Question

Experienced Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

the process went very fast. I think may be because i had worked for the firm previously. i would say it was easy to average. they asked about CPA status and previous experience like every other interview.

Interview Questions

• No technical question, although they asked about how 'audits are performed' in general.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR then went through three interviews with 2 senior managers and a partner. The process took about 5-6 hours, but all of the interviewers were very polite and they made me feel comfortable in my interview process.

Interview Questions

• What technical capabilities assisted you in developing your business acumen?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

1. HR interview 2. manager 3. partner. I got the interview opportunity through another manager referral, so I got feedback of recruiter real quick, just 1 day after that manager post the referral. They make a date for me to do the interview, and the I wait one and half week to get the final interview date. I don't know why I don't do a office interview, and I just did the webcast interview at my home with suit dress up but without formal pants, which is interesting.

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Tysons Corner, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

Had three interviews on site and one phone interview. I was greeted well during the interview with associate and was taken to manager office, partner and then to the HR.

Interview Questions

• Why is your future goal and where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question