PwC Interview Questions in Germany | Glassdoor

PwC Interview Questions in Germany

Updated Apr 21, 2017

3.1

Women In Business Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied online. Was sent numerical and logical reasoning tests. After that invited to a telephone interview.
    1- What do you know about the programe?
    2-Tell me about a time where you have completed a task with little supervision?
    3-Tell me about a business news that interests you and why?
    4-Tell me about a time when you gave feedback to a colleague and their reaction?
    5-Tell me about a time when you solved a complex problem?

Interview Questions

• 1- What do you know about the programe?
      2-Tell me about a time where you have completed a task with little supervision?
      3-Tell me about a business news that interests you and why?
      5-Tell me about a time when you solved a complex problem?

Global Business Transformation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. It started with an initial phone interview of 30 minutes. Two senior managers were conducting the interview.
    2. After the first interview, I had a second phone interview of 60 minutes with the same two senior managers as before.
    3. The final interview was on-site and in person. Next to the two senior managers from the phone interviews, the partner was present as well. Besides answering questions, I had to solve a case study and present it to both senior managers and the partner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself?
      We see from your grade transcript that one grade is particularly low. Why is that?
      Why do you want to work for PwC?

Consultant Risk Consulting Pharmacy/Life Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

Einstellungsverfahren:
    - online application.
    - interview by telephone (Senior Manager und Consultant)
    - Bewerbertag

This was really relaxing.

Start: 0945, There were 12 people, all of them were applying for different or same departments/positions. A HR lady welcomed us and showed us the room. She said that if everybody would fit to the position after having all interviews, everybody could get an offer which was even more relaxing. Then the group was split into two groups, each 6 due to orga reasons. All interviews were 1:1.

1000-1100: I had to work on my case study (in german, therefore i prepared the results in german) and got a calculator, flip charts and pens to present the case. (the other group had personal interview with HR)

1110-1210: I had my Fachinterview (the other group had to prepare their case study). The conversation was really very pleasant. I had to introduce myself (again: only 3 important things with relevance to the position is enough), there were questions about my cv. Important for the interviewer was to get an understanding if you as person would fit into a consulting company and especially pwc. Hence, he wanted to know if i also could imagine working in a different industry (e.g. in the context of a project) than the industry i have worked on so far (e.g. automotive and not only in pharma/life science). He wanted to know if i am flexible (you may have to work 4 days a week at the clients office somewhere in germany (with all consequences for your private life). Then we had 10-15min for the case study to present. Everything up to then was in german, however i should present in english (Tipp: dont waffle, present straight the key results).

My overall impression was: there were no real questions relating to my expertise. I think he even has no single clue about what I have studied and what I have done so far. But that is consulting. You have problems to solve and don’t need specific expertise. It is about methodology to solve problems. To get clear for yourself if you want to accept a potential offer, you should get clear about if you are keen on staying in your field of expertise or if you are open to work on a broad range of different projects in different industry sectors. This is important because it determines somehow your career path. You also have to think about what your intention is (to pursue a career within PwC – then there is no issue; but if you consider going back to a pharma company – it may be a bit weird if you have worked the last year on a project in the automotive sector) – just as note.
    At the end of the interview, I asked all my questions. Tipp: don’t attend the Bewerbertag without questions.

1220-1250: Insights about the company (all). this was really challenging in not falling asleep.

1250-1330: Lunch with all recruiters and interviewer (all).

1330-1430: coffee break (the other group had Fachinterview)

1440-1540: I had personal interview. (the other group had coffee break) It was not even somebody from HR. They are used to just take fachfremde Personen for this personal interview to get a better picture. It was very funny. My interviewer had to lead this interviewer for the first time. So, he was quite funny in saying that he has to go through this catalogue of questions and at the end there will be waiting some terrific brain teaser to solve :) Typical HR questions and two brain teaser (one was funny because we both knew them already and we had to laugh).

1545-1700: all: there was a young consultant who started at pwc straight after his Bachelor. We raised all our questions, e.g. over time (paid or not), relationship/consulting both possible? ;) , projects. Lessons learnt: everything is possible, you have to just communicate with your line manager (partner) regarding home office, training, over time, sabbatical etc

1700-1730: everybody got personal feedback from the Fachinterviewer. I got an offer and I again raised all my questions. Then we negotiated my salary already and talked about the grades where I would start and what would make sense.

In sum, I have to acknowledge, that it has not been that weird than I thought before. It is one of the so-called big four. this day for consulting was really relaxing and very joyful. All guys were really nice – unfortunately there were no women which is not typical ;)
    It is used to get the contract within two weeks and then you have two weeks to take a decision. In the meantime you could contact everybody at any time for further questions.

Interview Questions

• Warum rollt ein Güterzug erst ein Stück zurück bevor er nach vorne rollt?
      Siehe oben

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a manager, it lasted one hour.
    1) the manager described his role and the tasks of the position
    2) He asked me to talk about my CV
    3) Technical questions regarding the knowledge required by the position ( NO personality questions)

Interview Questions

• What is Working Capital? Describe how a balance sheet is made, describe the cash flow statement   Answer Question

Internship advisory Interview

Interview

Interview with two consultants. Questions about several points in my CV. How would you solve this case XYZ? Give me an example that displays your analytical and problem solving abilities.

Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

After my online application I was invited to a short phone interview. After that I had an onsite interview with one of the senior consultants in our team as well as a senior manager. Interview questions were mostly standard meaning about previous experience, motivation as well as technical issues in the specific industry.

Interview Questions

• What are the four main challenges for German automotive companies in the next decade?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in May 2015.

Interview

They offer a typical interview setting. Beginning with 'tell me about yourself' then going through your interview. They are looking for someone with as much experience as possible. They ask a few minor follow up questions on experience.
    On a second interview I attended a 'Interview Day' with 9 other candidates. I was given 1 hour to read a case study, and another hour to present it. Topics varies, but mine was on the Purchase Process of ABC Company. They were looking for a model of the purchase process and evaluation of risks in the model.

Interview Questions

• You have been preparing a presentation with a partner for the last several months. The day arrives and the partner calls you that he is sick. What do you do? (Be confident and do it!)
      Do you prefer to work in teams or alone?
      Simple brain teasers.
      1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was an easy-going 1,5 hour interview with a partner and a senior manager. the mood was very relaxed, and they were very friendly. they asked me questions about the german energy market. in most of the cases my knowledge in the area was almost better then the partner. i was very surprised. towards the end they asked me more specific questions about accounting and cost calculations. the interview ended with my salary expectation. they found my salary expectation high and told me that they hire fresh bachelor graduates from poland and romania who would work cheaper. they also claimed that the job would be boring for me, and i would leave the company in the first six months. to be honest, i was very offended. hard to understand why they invited me at first place..

Interview Questions

• what are challenges in the german electricity market (energiewende)?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Application online for an internship.
    First contact per mail asking about interest in a internship position within the department (Mergers & Acquisitions).
    Then one hour phone interview.
    First part (about 30 min) consisted of typical interview questions (personal / cv) as well as a bit behavioral ones. The other half of the interview was about solving a case (M&A topic).

Interview Questions

• Name three (!) biggest challenges in your life.
      Giving case studies within a phone interview is quite unusual (therefore unexpected).
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Internship salaries were not negotiable.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)) in July 2014.

Interview

Very easy process, I was needed to stand in for another employee who was leaving. One partner was very easy going, the other was mostly silent throughout the interview. We later toured the office which led me to believe I would be accepted. I felt that there was some kind of problem at the company whilst touring the office.

Interview Questions

• Nothing, was asked at the end about treatment of pensions as I had asked about my own salary but this was not difficult to answer as I had prepared for the interview by reading intensively.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was accepted on the same day of the interview as they desperately needed a replacement for an employee who was leaving.