PwC Interview Questions in Illinois | Glassdoor

2.9

212 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online though PwC's campus recruiting page. I then went to the Career Fair at my school and talked to a Partner. I found out a few days later that I had an on-campus interview the following week. The night before the interview there was a meet and greet session with the Partners, managers and associates. Come prepared with some questions as some employees will wait for you to ask a question - but in general it is more conversational. Then the on campus interview was about 45 minutes. The interview only consisted of 3 behavioral questions and the rest of the time was to ask questions to the Partner (so come prepared with good questions.) I found out 2 days later that I got a second round interview - this round would be virtual. It was conducted using Google Hangouts. The interview was the following week. The first 15 minutes were casual conversation with an associate - the last 30-45 were with a director/partner/senior manager. There were many more behavioral questions during the virtual interview. Refer to the "PwC Professional" for things they may ask and how you should frame your answers. I found out the following evening (via phone call around 7pm) that I received an offer with the firm. I am now waiting on details regarding salary, and the "Celebrate You" event at the office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with a co-worker who was difficult to get along with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to learn a technology that was unfamiliar to you?   Answer Question
    • Group member not putting in fair share of work?   Answer Question

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The whole process took a week. First interview was on campus. Two days after the first interview, I got a call to schedule the second interview. The second interview was an virtual interview through google hangouts, I got an offer one day after my second interview. The first on campus interview was very easy, conversation with a partner, some behavioral questions. The second interview was with a manager, it was much harder with several difficult interview questions including new lease and revenue recognition accounting standards and my thoughts on that, and some questions about my previous internship experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest obstacle in life?   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you have to establish connection with clients, colleagues, or team members.   Answer Question
    • Describe one time you practice professional skepticism either at your internship or at school for school project   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Campus interview with behavior questions focused on each element of PwC's professional framework. Can vary depending on who you are interviewing with. Some people prefer to go "off-script" and have a conversation. Others may stick to the questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to convince other people to agree with your choice.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment and had a 30 min phone interview with an employee. After the phone interview, I was invited to the super day in Chicago office. A few days before the super day (about 48 hours) I was emailed material for a case study. You could get familiarized with the case but wouldn't receive questions until the super day. The super day started with about an hour to prep a presentation to answer the questions that they give you. Then, current employees walk you around from interviewer to interviewer. I had 3 one-on-one interviews, and presented my case presentation to the last interviewer (other candidates presented to the first interview, some to the second). Mostly behavioral, situational questions aside from the case. I got a call a few days later with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to work in a difficult group setting? How did you manage to succeed or work with each other?   1 Answer
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career portal, invited for on-campus interview with a partner for 30 minutes, selected to second-round interview through Google Hangouts with senior employee week after, then received verbal offer day following.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up-to-date with recent events happening?   1 Answer

Elevate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (DeKalb, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I sent in my resume through my school's job site and also applied on their website. I got invited for a back-to-back on-campus interview a week after I sent in my application. The interviews were 45 minutes each. One was with an Audit Partner and the other was with a Tax Manager. Both of them were very nice and friendly and made the interview a very comfortable experience. The interview is basically all behavioral questions so prepare specific examples of any situation they ask of you. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to do research for something.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time in work or school where someone wasn't "pulling their weight" and how you addressed/resolve it.   1 Answer

Winter Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

Round one on school campus with one professional. with behavioral questions surrounding the PwC Professional. Round 2 was through google hangouts with one tax partner which was also behavioral. Afterwards, there was an office tour where I met the professionals in tax.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received feedback from an instructor.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Response to a posting online, contacted by local market recruiter, scheduled for a phone screen with a Director, and 2 Managers. Proceeded to office visit, consisting of interviews with several Partners in the office and HR Manager. Received updates from recruiting manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior work experience   1 Answer

Advisory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me over LinkedIn and scheduled a telephonic discussion with her immediately. Post discussion I was scheduled for a technical discussion with some Sr. Manager within a week, then was selected for in person interview in their Chicago office. In person interview was with 3 persons - 2 director and 1 partner. Mostly discussed about Advisory aspects and viewpoints. Then I received verbal offer from HR within a week of Personal Interview. Actual offer letter was released after 3-4 business days of verbal commitment.

Interview Questions

• Selling Plans, Estimation Techniques, Situation Driven Analysis.   1 Answer

Salary was not par. They didn't asked about my current compensation and provided an offer with some hypothetical figure which was mere $3K more than what I was making at that point. Salary negotiation is almost impossible although I had very niche and rare skill sets.

Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Thorough and formal Interview process. Consisted of a 60 minute first round In-Person interview with a Manager and Director to determine if candidate was a good fit and a second round online Interview with several Managers, Directors, and Partners. They were timely and responded within 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you in particular to this position? Tell me about a time you had to describe a complicated process to a general audience.   1 Answer