PwC Interview Questions in Illinois | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.9

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had on campus interview then I was invited to for their in office interview a week and a half later. After the office interview, I received the call very next day. Very easy process and their office visit was very enjoyable. I met some of the nicest and down to earth people there. I would recommend knowing the firm and the role inside out as it will help you articulate your answers.

Elevate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Behavioral questions, asking about your previous experience with people, leadership skills, and internship/class experience. 2 interviews: one on campus and one in Chicago. On campus was less formal, Chicago was formal. Interviewers followed guidelines

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Three week long process, was a very quick process. After a phone screen, then a phone interview, I was invited to the downtown office. The office visit was very competitive and only high caliber recruits. The entire office was very laid back and had a great atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral.

Ex: Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult decision?

Also in most of the interview i was asked why tax over audit, etc.
      Answer Question

Elevate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Everyone was very friendly. I had a great experience. First, I had a phone interview (behavioral), then two more behavioral interviews in person. Everyone at the firm was very welcoming and really wanted to show you what the firm was like.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Digital Experience Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process began with phone screens with 2 leaders in the PwC digital group. After a 2 positive interviews, the partner suggested coming in to meet some people face to face. For some reason, they continued to schedule more phone screens for 20-30 mins.

After 2 more phone interviews, it was communicated that they were interested in me in different level. This took 4-5 weeks.

They are still trying to figure out digital within the larger PwC world, similar to other big 4 consulting firms that created digital groups. Most of the people there are from outside PwC through acquisition, will be a challenge for rest of PwC to get agency/digital world.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my campus career site. I went to a meet and greet where none of the employers seems interested to be there. Very bad vibe. My interview was with a partner who had been there for 27 years and seemed to write me off the second he saw me. Horrible experience.

Leadership Conference Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Behavioral interview with a partner. He is very engaging and helpful. Vibe is very relaxed. 45 minutes and 4-5 questions and time to ask him questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What efforts do you make to find your current career path?
      Other than class learning, what do you do to enhance your accounting learning?
      If you are in a situation that you overhear and doubt one of your colleagues is leaking confidential information of your client, what would you do?
      Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

People were friendly through the entire process, had a phone screen then on-site interview. Strange behavioral questions about different situations working in teams in both first and final rounds. Final round interview was quite competitive and candidates were high caliber.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to ask for approval before working on a project. How did you go about doing it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

3 parts… 30 minute phone screen, 45 minute behavioral interview, and super day. The super day was made up of two 45 minute interviews - one was behavioral and the other was a case presentation. You were given 45 minutes at the start of the super day to go over the material for the car and draw slides for your presentation

Interview Questions

• When was a time you stepped up and took on a role that you were not expected to do?   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Relaxed and comfortable process with enthusiastic interviewers. We finished the interview process first and then started talking about our interests. They were very nice about answering my questions about the company. Thanks to the nature of this process, I was able to connect at a personal level to the interviewers which may have been the deciding factor in my acceptance.

Interview Questions

• If you were a team lead and you find two team members disagreeing with each other to such an extent that it has started impeding the team dynamics and the work output, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • You have been working with a client and you are close to the project delivery date. You realise that some of the assumptions you made at the beginning were incorrect and some of the work you have done has become useless. What would you do?   Answer Question