PwC Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Resume drop for a first round on-campus interview, which may result in an invitation to interview at the office where you wish to intern. Behavioral interviews only, and most interviews are mostly conversational where the interviewer explains to you what he/she does rather than read a list of scripted questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a really tight deadline and the measures you took to make sure that you submitted whatever was required on time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in November 2015.

Interview

The first step of the interview process was the phone interview. The phone interview was about 10-15 minutes long and consisted of a few behavioral based questions. After the the phone interview you are invited downtown for an interview in the office.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied after seeing them at my universities career fair. I had an on campus interview that was about 35 minutes long and consisted of going over my resume and behavioral questions. At the end I was asked to write a program (fizzbuzz) and also read a piece of code. The day before they took all of the candidates for dinner and we got to talk to them about the process and the company.

About a week later I got a email asking to see if I was interested in coming down (to Dallas) for a office visit. They put all their candidates up in a really nice hotel, take you to a expensive restaurant and then the next day you go to their office. During the visit you are assigned a host from the group you're interviewing for and they take you around the office and take you out to lunch as well. You have 2 or 3 more interviews. Questions vary depending on who you get. I had a good mix of technical and behavioral questions but all the interviewers are very relaxed and easy to talk to.

After the office visit you should hear back within a week on if you got an offer or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. They already have a set pay for you. Usually get a couple grand signing bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was selected for an on-campus interview. There was a pre-interview dinner where you sit at the same table as your interviewer. The next day, the interviewer didn't ask me a single question. It was very laid-back and conversational and the interviewer talked about himself for the bulk of the conversation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied for Core Tax, completed first round on campus with a campus sourcing individual. This first interview is where they distinguish resumes from individuals. All interviews were behavioral, i.e. Describe a time, give me an example, when did you type questions. The key in answering these is to have a pre planned experience to share with them for any different type these questions. Follow STAR technique, 1. Situation/Task 2. Approach 3. Result. Deep soul searching required. The interviewers want to have a conversation with you about your past and are given a set of questions to ask. Always ask how everything as been, Be Genuine/interested. They want you to first tell them about yourself and why tax? They also want to see your passion for it by hinting at extraciriculars that involve the financial industry. Always ask two good questions at end of interview. How was the path to Partner? What was it like at your early stages at the FIRM? *(not company). Smile, sit back in chair, slight eye contact. Navy tie, purple ties, or any red (for guys). I applied for summer internship for core tax, I heard back from the partner I interviewed with with an offer the NEXT DAY after superday! Others that interviewed with me for full time positions heard back within same day.

Interview Questions

• Why PWC?
      Why Tax?
      Weakness?
      How you gather information on the world?
      An experience when u dealt with a difficult person etc?
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

There were three major interviews and one small case. Two of them were behavioral interviews with typical questions one one of them was a case. We had to prepare some slides for the case

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied for a summer internship through the career services website with my resumé and transcripts. Heard back about 2-3 weeks later and interviewed with a manager. I got a offer to interview again about a week later. The whole process took about 7-8 weeks from the start to finish.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I have received three rounds of interviews. The first two are pure technical. It's about Monte Carlo Simulations of financial derivatives and binomial tree methods. The people are very nice and have degrees in quant field such as financial engineering and CS. They asked resume based questions and my programming skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Campus, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Wasn't that bad. Really formal interview. Nothing out of the ordinary. This was just like every other big 4s interviewing process. The interviewer didnt seem that interested which gave me a bad vibe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburg, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Edinburg, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Roundtable interview. Everyone gets to present his/herself and talk about their experiences. Then you can ask some questions. After that, you have dinner with the partners. If they like you, you get a second offer to go to an office visit.