PwC Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Internship Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2017

2.8

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Office where there were alumni from my university where much more receptive to me, and vice versa. If you're not from one of their "core" schools then you can forget it.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked many questions about my resume, but the most unexpected was just about me. He asked, "what do you like to do?" which is a very simple question but it caught me off guard. I would just try to be personal and not so serious and rigid.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Was selected through on-campus recruiting. PwC had a formal dinner the day before the interview where you could ask questions to current employees. Very professional. Had the interview the next day with the same person i spoke to the night before. Went very well. Never got a yes or no answer.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through my university and received documents to be filled out online two weeks later. I was then called for an initial phone screen one week after that. The questions were pretty general like when will I have completed 150 credits and if I plan to pursue a CPA license. A week later I scheduled a phone interviewed that lasted about thirty minutes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

First went through on campus recruiting. Met with a manager from PWC and was very conversational interview. Asked about teamwork examples (bad team players, how you handled situation, etc). Received a call for a second round interview about 4-5 days afterwards. The super day kept being pushed back because they wanted all the candidates to be in the office at the same time. Was pushed back about 3 weeks to late November.
    Superday started with breakfast, a HR manager presentation and then a panel with 2 young associates. Make sure to ask a question ( I asked about opportunities for international travel). Next I had 3 consecutive interviews starting with the manager, then director and lastly managing director. The manager asked the most technical questions ( Why Pwc, why tax, how do you manage time, work late + manage course load, team work, etc). The director was very laid-back and talked about the social aspect, sports teams that PWC can offer. Maybe asked 1 question off my resume regarding previous internship. Lastly was the managing director. Asked several questions about why accounting, why my school and why tax. Make sure to speak about at least one relevant accounting issue related to your position with the partner. This will set you apart from other candidates and the partners will love it that you did some outside research. Overall process was simple. Interviewed wendesday and heard back Monday for an offer in NYC office.

Interview Questions

• Why accounting? Why Tax? Why Pwc? Give examples of how you managed extensive course load/job/ school at once.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Internship Interview

Interview

The recruiter was very nice and friendly. He doesn't make you feel uncomfortable at all, which is what some interviewers try to do. The people at their office is very nice too. They mainly want to see whether your personality fits with the company or not.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to stay here is your family is in Taiwan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Detroit, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Met PwC at a career fair and was invited to interview a few days later. Process was very straightforward. Interviewer was very knowledgeable and did not ask any hard or challenging questions. The interview felt more like a conversation than an interview. I was given a thorough overview of the job details and the overall culture of the work environment.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Met with recruiters at career fair and was soon offered to interview and invited to dinner to meet with company representatives. The next day I had two 15-minute behavioral interviews and invited back for super day at office. I declined office interview due to another opportunity

Very upbeat, friendly interviewers

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

One on campus and another onsite

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

It was quite smooth. First round interview was harder than the second.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three things about yourself that you want me to take away from this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by PwC after I submitted my resume to them at a career fair. At the career fair, I was asked simple questions like "What office will you like to intern in? Will you be able to travel? What are some of your plans after you graduate?" They wrote my answers on the back of my resume, and seemed pleased with the answers as well. Two weeks passed and I was contacted via email for a pre night social dinner and a interview. I attended the social and conversed with interns who are from my school. I also got to see my interviewer. I would suggest connecting with the people at the social. No matter if they are fellow interviewees, past interns, associates, or interviewers. Even making eye contact and passing a smile can go a long way. Just be polite and aware of your manners. Also try to be enjoyable and relatable. No one wants to work with a crab. :) The interview was strictly behavioral and was 40-45 mins. The interviewer really worked with me, and was patient and kind. I asked a lot of questions and was intrigued by his answers and advice. I did not perform perfectly in the interview, but I think he sensed my genuine interest to learn and excel. I was honestly surprised to learn that he passed me on to the my office, which is the NY office! The initial contact after this for the final interview was about 3-4 weeks. They paid for all of the expenses including a really nice hotel, taxi fare, food etc. At the time of my final interview I had finals and projects due for school, so instead of studying and practicing for the interview I studied my school work. Even though I did not practice the typical "when have you ever done this? or what are your future goals?" questions I found that I did not need to. When you go in for your final interview you already meet all of the needed critieria. Now all they want to see if if your personality fits the office and its members. So relax and be your genuine true self. Anyone, especially the interviewers, will be able to see through a fake person. The final interview consisted of three interviews with a manager, director, and partner. All of the interviews was basically conversational and relaxed. No really hard questions. They just asked me about my experience and what was on my resume. So my advice is to know your resume and have stories and examples of the experience you have listed on your resume. Also if you have any other offers or interviews with other companies you can throw that in the interview too ;) this kind of makes you a hot commodity because PwC wants to out compete all other firms with the best of the best people working for them. I would also suggest practicing the basic interview questions and knowing what your future goals are and where you see yourself in the company in the future. But the most important thing is to be yourself and know yourself. If you do this you will ace the interview, and land the job or internship! Good Luck.

Interview Questions

• How are you improving your writing? (interviewer asked this question because he witnesses a lot of grammatical errors in emails and reports)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, this was for an internship so there was no offer extended.