PwC Manager - Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 26, 2017

2.8

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Process overall was smooth. One of the most professional and responsive recruiter I have worked with. Kept me updated on each step and provided adequate feedback.
All three folks from PWC who interviewed me where respectful and fun to talk to. Although I was initially nervous, their positive attitude put me at ease quickly. All the interviews felt like discussions rather than interviews.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions on my experience and accomplishments.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

HR contacted me over LinkedIn and scheduled a telephonic discussion with her immediately. Post discussion I was scheduled for a technical discussion with some Sr. Manager within a week, then was selected for in person interview in their Chicago office. In person interview was with 3 persons - 2 director and 1 partner. Mostly discussed about Advisory aspects and viewpoints. Then I received verbal offer from HR within a week of Personal Interview. Actual offer letter was released after 3-4 business days of verbal commitment.

Interview Questions

• Selling Plans, Estimation Techniques, Situation Driven Analysis.   1 Answer

Salary was not par. They didn't asked about my current compensation and provided an offer with some hypothetical figure which was mere $3K more than what I was making at that point. Salary negotiation is almost impossible although I had very niche and rare skill sets.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Absolutely no candidate should have to go through what I did over the past 5 months. What started out as a very promising career prospect turned out to be full of false promises, fairy tales and hokum. This experience seemed at times to be like watching a TV show that should have been canceled after the 1st episode.

The interview process started out at the end of March 2015, as one would expect, with a series of phone interviews. The phone interviews took place with several Advisory Managers and an Advisory Director. The phone interviews went very well and after the conclusion of the phone interviews I was told that HR would be contacting me within the next week to schedule an on-site interview. This is when it fell apart, HR did not call until 2 months later. The Advisory Director explained that HR was in the process of annual reviews and did not have time to schedule interviews. I should have walked away at that time but I gave them the benefit and continued the conversation. HR finally called and went through the typical HR items. The call concluded with HR stating that a Partner would be calling me later in the week for a final phone interview. But wait a minute I thought the phone interviews were over and it was time for the on-site interview. Okay so maybe I misunderstood the Advisory Director so I went along with it and had a conversation with the Partner. The Partner called and we had the typical phone interview again and I was told that I would now have to wait until after the July 4th holiday before the on-site interview would take place. I thought again that it makes sense it the summer and lots of people are on vacation. So after the holiday I finally get a call from HR stating that my on-site interview would take place in Houston during mid-July. Another week went by without any updates or travel arrangements from HR. Then HR finally called me on a Wednesday and wanted me in Atlanta on Friday. Here again it changed from what I was told to something completely else.

The on-site interviews were scheduled to consist of 3 different interviewers lasting about 45 min each. The first interview was with another Advisory Manager and was nothing more that the typical HR questions. The next interview was with an Advisory Director and went right up to the 45min mark and was a little more technical. Now here comes the interesting part, the last interview was to be with the Advisory Director that I had the previous phone conversations with. This Director could not be found by the staff. After almost 30 minutes elapsed the Director was found. The disturbing part was not that the Director was late but was surprised that he was required to be there to conduct an interview. The conversation lasted about 15 minutes and concluded with saying that next steps would be for them to make me an offer after their annual Partner/Director meeting in Orlando the following week. The Director also said he would call me later that evening and let me know how the debrief call went. Well sadly he never called and did not respond to my emails or calls. So after 2 weeks I then decided to call HR and see if they had a status update. I got the same non-response from HR. I finally received a call from HR stating that they now wanted me to have another phone interview with another Partner. This was a little alarming to me
    so I contacted the original Advisory Director, this time I actually got through. I was told that during their meeting in Orlando it was decided that there was going to be a hiring freeze due to a slow down in the oil and gas sector. I was assured however that I would be starting work after September 1 so I went along with it, I should have known better.

Several more weeks have elapsed since the last call and I had all but given up and moved onto another opportunity then I get a call from the hiring Partner on 8/20. Finally I get a verbal offer and it was 25% higher that what I was expecting. I was told that HR would be getting an offer letter put together and have it out to me by the first of the week. I was so excited thinking to myself waiting really did pay off. I was wrong to think that because there was not a offer letter from HR and no return call from the Partner until Wednesday this week. I saw that the Partner called my phone but did not leave a voicemail. I called the Partner back as soon as I could and I just knew that I would be again receiving good news. Wrong again, there was not any good news this time from the Partner. I was told that they received push back on the offer from others in the organization due to too many people being on the bench and I could wait a little longer but no promises. I stated that I could no longer wait and wished them all the best.

My advice to PwC is please don't lead people on and please make improvements to the communications between hiring department, HR and candidates.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions consisting of both technical and non-technical questions.   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in June 2015.

Interview

Whole process took 4+ weeks, Went through the recruiter who came back after 2 weeks. Another week in scheduling 2 phone interviews with directors. The first was more on confirming what I know and what Industries I have worked in. The interviewer did not drill down on any topic. The other interview got rescheduled few times and the interviewer asked some key questions to gauge my depth and he was convinced. In sum both were positive interviews.

In the end the HR told me they have filled with an internal candidate

Interview Questions

• What industries have you worked in?
      Deep dive on specific technology questions related to the industry   Answer Question

Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Interview process includes a behavioral and case interview testing both technical as well as soft communication skills. It forces you to think through the business problem and identify multiple scenarios as alternative ways to think about the solution.

Interview Questions

• What are the business problems you have tried to solve in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Couple tech phone screens, in-person with 2 directors and a partner on-site. The interview process was very long and drawn out for no good reason. All of the questions were pretty easy. A lot of time was wasted on the interviewer trying to understand the template they had to follow. When they finally got all their decision making together they offered a salary drastically below market value.

I do not view this company as a high-end firm. They waste time pursuing top talent and the salaries are low.

Interview Questions

• You will get asked a question on globalization / international affairs because it is on the template.   Answer Question

Low salary, poor communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for an Analytics role. Phone interview with Advisory Manager followed by on-site interview, and another phone interview after the on-site. I never heard back despite emails/calls to the recruiting co-ordinator. The scheduling of interviews was somewhat dysfunctional - one of the phone interviews happened without any confirmation on when I was to expect the call. My travel for on-site was booked, somewhat frantically, after I emailed to check on it a couple of days prior to the interview. That said, the interviews were conducted in a professional manner.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were around experience and background - description of prior analytic projects conducted in the past, with some level of deep-dive into the details   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Internal referral. First round got a call from HR to go through my resume, easy. Talked to three partners over the phone. Didn't make it to the on site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Spoke at length with recruiter before traveling to Dallas to speak with Partner and team. I've been interviewing people for a long time and I know when I flubbed and interview or knocked it out of the park. I knocked this one out of the park. I even got into solutioning a problem with one of the interviewers who said they'd never looked at it that way.

When I arrived I got the sensation someone was just checking a box to hire a candidate they already had in mind. Ultimately, I feel I didn't get an offer because I was not the correct ethnicity or gender. Of course there is no way to prove such a thing. I just know I gave a very good interview and was well suited and qualified for the role.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to do a solution on the spot. Somewhat unorthodox but if you know your stuff, it's manageable. Not a trend I like because of course every problem has many solutions. Providing one risks alienating an interviewer who might not see things the way you do and may be sensitive to having their ideas challenged.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a phone screen interview. Then I interviewed with 4 different people. two over the phone and two in person. within one month they had gotten back to me with an offer

Interview Questions

• They have a script that they use. it is different for each level (IE associate, senior associate, manager, etc)   2 Answers