PwC Manager - Advisory Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Manager - Advisory Services Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

I was sought out through a popular professional networking Web site by an internal recruiter. We corresponded via phone and email for a couple of months. Once I was ready to seriously investigate the opportunity, I was scheduled to come in for face-to-face interviews with HR, partners and directors of the practice group in which I was interested. I did not speak to direct peers (managers) which I strongly suggest doing. I made several observations doing the interview:

The atmosphere in the office (Friday is a typical in-office interview day) was vibrant and professional. People seemed to be having fun. The workplace was modern and appeared comfortable. There was adequate workspace [(open cubes, semi-private cubes, offices, conference rooms and phone booths - hoteling setup) and facilities (printers, copiers, cafeteria with free coffee and tea)] and the environment was clean.

During my interviews, I tried to get a good picture of the structure of the organization in which I would be working. I did not get as clear a picture as I had hoped but it was sufficient to help me form an idea of the practice area and the solutions being brought to the marketplace. They spent a lot of time trying to convince me of how flat the organization was - that the only level between manager and partner was director and that under the right circumstances, partner was an achievable level.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult team member? someone who was not meeting expectations or delivering subpar work   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation process was very straightforward. I gave HR my current compensation including base salary and variable compensation and I told them what it would take to get me to make a move. They met my expectations so it was pretty much a non-issue. I recommend establishing the level you would be coming in at and the role you would be performing initially, then specifying exactly what you are looking for and sticking to that. If you are being reasonable, you should be able to get an offer you will be comfortable with.

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

The PWC interview process consisted of 2 phone screens (about an hour each) to understand and validate technology and work experience. I have a full-day interview that consisted of 1:1 interviews with 2 advisory managers and 2 partners. The interviewers asked detailed questions about work experience, and put me in situations and asked me to respond what I would do in those situations. Each session was very interactive where I was able to repond and ask questions as well. I also met with HR who gave me a great overview of the company, and details on the review process at PWC. Overall a pretty smooth interview process.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to this particular situation (gave me a project engagement scenario).   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

Met with director in the office after being contacted by company recruiter. When I arrived, Director was unaware the interview was supposed to take place. No set questions, just casual discussion about each of our backgrounds and his group was trying to do within the practice area. Ended with director asking me to write a memo about how I would go about business development for him.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about raising business in this market?   Answer Question

Manager - Advisory Services Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in January 2009.

Interview

Contacted to enquire about MBA student internships and was advised to apply on completion of programme. Had 3 interviews with idirector and partners and separate assessment case, personality test.

Interview Questions

• describing economic model built, data and assumptions in past experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated job role and salary. Advice would be to do your homework about company hiring policies, salaries etc. Job acceptance terms and negotiated deals can vary widely.