PwC Technology Consulting- Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted through on-campus recruiting. Had to schedule an interview through Skype since I wasn't in town that day. 45 min case prep, 30 min behavioral, 30 min case presentation. Different interviewers for behavioral and case presentation.

Both interviewers were very nice, behavioral questions were as expected, describe this project, describe this experience working in a team, etc.
Case background information was given 48 hours beforehand and then five questions were given 45 minutes before.

Definitely prepare for the case extensively and figure out how you want to organize your slides.

Heard back within one business day.

Interview Questions

• describe this project, describe this experience working in a team, common technology platform, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Technology Consultant- Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

2 rounds on the phone. Was called to Houston for the other two rounds. One case and one behavioral. The case interview went well.
    The behavioral interview was particularly stressful. The interviewer's behavior was hostile to say the least and he seemed more interested in my personal life. Questions like will your spouse relocate around you etc. I though these questions were irrelevant because it did not talk about my education,skills or experience.

Advisory Technology Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Most internships just involve three behavioral interviews. For consulting internships, you only have two behavioral interviews but are also required to present a case study in a case interview. For that reason, the interview as a whole was difficult.

First off, I had a phone screening one week before the actual interview. I talked to a manager who was stationed in Atlanta at the time, and really hit it off with him in our conversation because we related on a lot of our traits and goals. I was certain that I got to the final round of interviews.

And I did.
    Fast forward to PwC SF.

Let's start out with the staff. They are lovely! Such great people that you can easily talk to. Helps you get the jitters down a bit because you realize everyone at PwC is down-to-earth and there to help. My "buddy" for the day shared hobbies with me such as going to music events, so we had lots of things to talk about! You're also provided a scrumptious breakfast. But now let's go on to the nitty gritty interview part.

The case interview was crazy hard. You're given a 5 page long case 2 days in advance and are expected to live and breathe it so that in 45 minutes upon coming in on the interview day, you can prepare a hard-copy Powerpoint presentation that answers some given questions. Then soon after, you're whisked off to present it to your case interviewer!

During the case interview, you begin presenting, but your interviewer has the freedom to interject at any given moment and ask you to elaborate more on any of your points. This can easily throw you off and make you think on your feet because you may have realized that you made a vague assumption or declaration. Everything you say, your interviewer will have a question or comment about it, but it makes sense because they are acting as your (PwC's) client. Overall, that interview was the most difficult I've been through because no other interview challenges you more to think fast and know your stuff than a case interview.

The two behavioral interviews were fairly smooth; my two interviewers were very kind and approachable and really seemed to get socially involved in my stories, which I liked. They genuinely seemed interested in who I was and why I wanted to be there. Like a lot of people say, it was like a good conversation. However, that's not to say some of their questions weren't hard... PwC's goal in interviews is to find a good fit with their culture, so naturally their questions will be more geared towards finding someone easy to work with but ALSO Big 4 material. Good luck... Also ask a bunch of thoughtful questions! Do anything to help yourself stand out.

All in all, the people were great but the interviews were definitely Big 4 level. There's a level of professionalism in PwC that you won't find much elsewhere, besides well, more Big 4's. It's intimidating, sure, but you feel much more welcome due to your peers and recruiting staff so kudos to PwC on that. Good experience, wish I got the internship though!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when you had to change the way you presented things based on your audience?   1 Answer

Technology Consulting- Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA).

Interview

First-Round- On Campus Interview: Basic Interview Questions. They asked to run through my resume and asked me about my past experiences.

Final Round Interview: One case study and two behavioral.

The case study was given two days before. It was pretty elaborate. On the day of the final round we were given 45 min to prepare and then we had to present the case to one of the managing directors

The two-behavioral interviews were relaxed. They asked me why I want to do tech consulting and why I would choose PwC.

Interview Questions

• Describe me a time where you had to work with an individual who was not motivated to do work. And how did you go about this?   Answer Question

Advisory - Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied on campus, heard back a couple of days before the deadline that I'd be getting an interview. I got a call from a woman in HR that asked which position I wanted to interview for, because I applied to 3 positions. I chose one and heard back the next day that I'd be interviewing for the position.

I did very well during the first interview on campus. Recruiter was very nice and easy to talk to. General resume overview followed by a couple of behavioural questions: "Tell me about a time you dealed with someone who didn't do their work in a group project", "How'd you hear about PwC?"...couple similar questions. Know the company, state some facts and figures. I left the interview KNOWING I was going to the second round (I could just tell).

2nd round was all the final round. Btw this interview was for full time. We were given a case study about 48 hours in advance. We were flown to their San Jose office where we were then given questions on the case. We had 45 minutes to answer these questions and draw slides for a powerpoint presentation. We were then immediately rushed out of the room and had a tight schedule consisting of 1 interview where we would present our slides, and two behavioral interviews.

My first behavioral interview was the same as the first interview but much longer so more questions. One of his questions was: "What is Math?", that kind of caught me off guard (he asked this because of my math background). He asked many behavioral questions that focused on leadership, team/group work, and initiative.

2nd behavioral interview: I was actually given a case during this interview, which i was annoyed about cause we weren't told that there was going to be an additional case. This one was EXTREMELY vague and ridiculous. We had to explain our thought process on a case that he told verbally. He wanted our thought process in order of what things could come first. This made it very difficult because he was looking for specific steps in a specific order. This was the hardest part about the entire process.

Case interview: can't say much here. Its more about HOW/WHY you get to your solution than the actual solution it self. Explain WHY you brought things up. Since you get the case without the questions 48 hours before hand, I'd recommend doing about 3-6 hours of outside research. About the industry and other things in the case.

All in all, the final round was extremely challenging and eye-opening. I think I did well, but not stellar.

I should be hearing back soon about the decision. Good luck!...I hope this was helpful!