PwC Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Accounting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied online via careers website. Had phone interview with someone from Talent Acquisition, interview was for 45mins. A lot of behavioural questions, I think the interview could be cut shorter and questions asked were repetitive in nature.

Was scheduled for in-person interview the following day, person from PWC Talent Acquisition was very responsive and accommodating to my schedule.

Met with Hiring Manager the following week and interview was nothing formal more of a conversation, which made me very relaxed and provided a highly positive experience. I guess that is why telephone interview is so long, try to get the HR crap out of the way.
    I received a tour of the office and I was on my way.

Talent person followed up the next day in regards to how the interview went and I am currently awaiting to hear back from them.

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

In person interview with one of the partners at the firm. He was really nice and easy to talk to and asked pretty basic questions, went through my resume, etc. He also asked what I knew about the local business community/environment.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Average in person interview, an average experience meeting with the human resources director and also he rambled on and on about the company so on and so forth. Also did not get a good feeling from the other employees

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montclair, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Montclair, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long, took a really long time to hear from them after I applied. Got pushed to the virtual interview which I was really nervous about. But they only asked 3 questions and discussed office locations to work at.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, but got asked about my "low" gpa..   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2016.

Interview

There were essentially three parts to the process. After passing the second interview, which was conducted via Google Hangout for me, I got received an offer from the Partner himself through the phone. Then, I was invited to the office for a fun 2-day Sell Day event!

The first and second round interviews were all behavioral and both conducted through video chat. I talked to a partner in the first round and in the second round I was first greeted by an associate, then a partner and a manager interviewed me, back to back. Usually, they ask you some questions on current events, such as a recent transaction that happened (any IPO, reconstruction, bankruptcy... related event), but really they want to see if you understand the five PwC professional elements so definitely study those.

Tips: Network. Talk to alums in the practice. Partners and associates are actually friends! You want the associates to like you too!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a current event related to the practice.   1 Answer

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

It is standardized and situational. Its hard to get a good feel on the interviewee and interviewer.Interviews are in panels or back to back one on ones and its a bit exhausting.

Interview Questions

• Lots of give me an example of..........   1 Answer

Forensic Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting, the I was told I was selected for an interview. When I got up and prepared early in that morning, I suddenly received a call that the interview cannot be taken on site but changed to online interview at the Same time! Instead of preparing what will be asked, I spent two hours fix my laptop webcamera. Ended up with a staff from the department said my major was not quite suitable for the position and asked me several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you fit this position?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone interview with Assurance recruiter and subsequent in person interview at PwC site. Phone interview was typical background items. Nothing surprising at any point in interview process. Very professional throughout.

Salary a little low

Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

First step we hat to attend a recruiting presentation meeting, soon we had a dinner interview after the presentation. Lastly we were arranged for another phone interview, and got denied.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company.   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC in September 2014.

Interview

Two people from the firm interviewed me, they were both very laid back and incredibly nice. After that I was selected for in office interviews. I have not yet had my in office interview but I am very excited because it sounds like a great place to work for.

Interview Questions

• A time you had to deal with a conflict at work and how it was resolved   1 Answer