PwC Associate Auditor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.9

815 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

I apply online and receive the first round interview in two weeks. There are four rounds of interviews, excluding online test and assessment center. HR, Associate, Senior Managers, Partner. All the questions are behavioral and some challenging questions.

Interview Questions

• I know you know nothing, even you pretend you do. Am I right?   3 Answers

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through school. I went to events held by pwc. I met many pwc people, pre interview dinner met the person who interviewed me, got the offer, went office visit and now in the process of deciding between the big 4 (i got accepted to all 4)

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The interview was good. There were 3 people that interviewed me and focused on different key skills They tried their best to not create any tension within the room. The interviewers were respectful and the environment was relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time something did not go the way you planned.   4 Answers

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

First, I got invited to a Friday night social to speak and network with PwC emlpoyees and our peers. I think PwC was looking for people who would network with many people and be able to connect with people they did not know through conversation;

The week after I got an invitation to interview on campus. I interviewed with the Audit partner for 30 minutes during this on campus interview; The next step was an office visit, but I ended up not going for an office visit.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you overcame an issue during a project you worked on with a team.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Very formal and structured process. Best to start early and connect with everyone you can meet. There are also several rounds of interviews. First you may meet with an associate and then progress to management.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral interview questions.   2 Answers

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Total four rounds, including online application, on-site interview (group interview and individual manager interview), final partner interview. Group interview in China is usually a case study, 10 mins to read a case, then discuss in the 4-5 people group and present for 10 mins. Individual manager interview lasts around 30 mins, and normally it's behavior interview. The whole process last around one to one and half months. After the final interview, HR give the oral offer first and then send the official offer. The whole process finishes in around 2 months.

Interview Questions

• why audit? why PwC? career path? long term/short term goals   3 Answers

Risk Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

applied online. received an interview invitation within a week. The first round is quite easy, all behavioral questions. Waited for 3-4 weeks, and did not make it to the second round.

Interview Questions

• Describe an obstacle in work or school setting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through their company website. The process took only about 1 week, I received an email asking me to schedule a phone interview, then I interviewed at PwC.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interned at PwC year prior so skipped the initial screening interviews. Attended pre-interview dinner and Superday where 3 interviews took place (2 Senior associates and 1 partner interview). Nothing formal about the pre-interview dinner, smart casual attire and team building activities in the 300 Madison office. Was really just to calm nerves for what is to come the following day. Interviews went well mostly behavioral questions, first 2 were directly concerning the "PwC Professional" framework. I specifically got Relationships and Business Acumen. Third interview was a little more technical and specific to auditing (i.e. professional skepticism examples, FASB codification research). Be prepared to ask questions at the end of the interview, they purposely allot time for this. I wrote down about 10 questions on my notepad and asked as many as I could before the 30 minutes were up and I moved on to the next interview. Be sure to ask for business cards to send thank you emails later on that day.

Be yourself, this really is just a chance for the PwC staff to meet you and get a feel for your personality. Be confident in your abilities, you have made it this far which is an accomplishment in and of itself now just go show your great personality. Best of luck

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work in a group and things didn't go well.   Answer Question
    • How do you go about researching accounting rules and standards   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time where you used professional skepticism at work or school   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you built a relationship   Answer Question

Core Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The first round interview was a 45 min standard behavioral interview. Not very difficult. Mostly asked about how I deal with conflicts and how I work in a team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you showed leadership skills.   Answer Question