PwC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,162 Interview Reviews

2,162 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Very rigorous interview, you would think I was interviewing for an Executive level. All behavioral questions (15), I believe they wanted me to fail, however, I answered all to the best of my ability. I sensed from the start of the interview, they had already selected the candidate and this interview was a formality.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions (15) related to the framework, and one normal question at the end. Why PWC?   Answer Question

Assistant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was called in for an interview the next morning. I had a positive first-hand experience of the physical office environment and how well-dressed the employees were.
    The first part of the interview consisted of two senior analysts talking about PwC, how their corporate finance team functioned and why PwC Corporate Finance are the best. The second part of the interview consisted of the said two senior analysts asking out-of-line questions under the guise of wanting to learn "how I think". These questions ranged from accusing me of lying about everything from my grades to why I want to work at PwC. On top of all this, they even accused me of being desperate for a job (said the same people who called me in to interview a day after I applied).
    Overall, I had a very, very negative experience. If you're a self-respecting student with options, the Copenhagen office of PwC Corporate Finance should be beneath you. I do not regret withdrawing my candidacy shortly after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you sell some imaginary company?
      Q: Did you apply for this position because you were desperate for work?
      Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC in September 2016.

Interview

Online assessment via SHL online bestaande uit een inductieve, verbale, numerieke en persoonlijkheids test - Gesprek met Recruiter en Partner. Hierbij ging het vooral om persoonlijke ervaringen, met veel terugkoppelingen naar situaties bij vorige werkgevers en hoe hiermee is omgegaan.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my campus career site. I went to a meet and greet where none of the employers seems interested to be there. Very bad vibe. My interview was with a partner who had been there for 27 years and seemed to write me off the second he saw me. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Firm sponsored NYC AnalyticsWeek event. I met manager1 there who was hired as a manager right out of undergraduate school with no previous management work experience (this will be important later). It took a few months of writing to PWC people via linkedin citing manager1 by name to get a call from HR recruiter1. She asked me to apply for the jobs she is emailing me that were in a unit I never apply to for a job I had no background in. It was clear she was trying to meet her quota. Not wanting to upset HR recruiter1, I applied at both the manager and sr. associate level. Later on, I noticed the manager level job had been canceled. Even though I had more work experience and more college degrees than manager1 I met at AnalyticsWeek, I was being considered for a junior-level job. HR recruiter1 arranged for a phone interview with manager2 who called on his cellphone. The call kept dropping. Finally, he called on his landline phone. He asked me if I could come into visit PWC at the NYC office and since I was already in NYC, I agreed. Got in-person interview with manager3 and director1 scheduled for a few weeks later. When I was being escorted to the interview room, I noticed a large table of food in the hallway. There was a banana in the interview room. Manager3, former senior manager at a higher ranked consulting firm, asked me questions about skills I did not have, and told me he was referring my resume to the financial unit. He told me to ask the secretary to call director1. Director1, formerly from the world’s largest technology corporation, was not impressed that I had read all of his patents and I understood his inventions. At least I showed up to the interview prepared. He escorted me back to the reception area and I noticed the table of food had disappeared from the hallway. Later that afternoon, HR recruiter2 emailed me asking if I can talk with partner1 the next day on the phone. She did not realize manager3 had just turned me down by telling me he was referring my resume to the financial unit. I agreed to talk with partner1 the next day on the phone. He was not enthusiastic and told me the job requires a lot of travel. I told him I love to travel. The call lasted about 10 mins. I sent a thank you note and never heard back. I later learned he resigned. Sent out more linkedin emails citing manager1 and got another interview with partner2 who tried to look like a millennial (spiked hair), but millennials don’t wear $5,000 Armani designer suits so his act failed. I asked him what I would be doing in the first 90 days on the job, and he said I would be in training. He failed to see me as an experienced professional despite my 2-page resume.

Interview Questions

• He referred me to partner3. Met with that person a few weeks later and partner3 liked my background, but could not figure out where I would fit. Sent emails to university alums working at PWC. Only one person at the partner level responded and all she did to write to HRrecruiter2. I did mention to that partner that none of my interviewers were women. Next interview was supposed to be with partner4, but he disappeared from his office and his secretary had me interviewed with manager4. She came out looking like she scrubs floors for a living wearing jeans, t-shirt and sneakers. She asked exactly the same questions manager2 asked, and by this time I had gone through a demo of the software application so I explained that I understood the software application, but had not used it in the work environment. After that I left the building and sent her a thank you note the next day. I was very happy PWC finally turned me down. The interviewers were not impressive and I would not have been happy working at the sr. associate level when others were hired at the manager level right out of undergraduate college.   1 Answer

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Hardest interview for such a low position.The interview process was very long. I met for 30 minutes with 5 groups of 2 people. All the interviews basically asked the same question differently. The whole process was very exhausting. I can only imagine what the interview process for a higher level position.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a problem in your current work place that you resolved that you think would benefit you in this position.   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough, and tough! In the 1:2 interview I was interviewed by a partner and a senior manager and the partner was very tough. The senior manager was much more personable and less pressing. I felt that the purpose of the interview was to test me, and see how I responded under pressure

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your resume   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Horrid. I got caught up in this process for 4 months and they're still jerking me around, though I'm over it at this point. I began this telephone screening early 2016 and the position is still not filled. What makes this so bad is that my salary requirement was screened upfront, so it was passed along before I got called in for a long stream of interviews 3 months later. Immediately after my interview, I received a text message from a partner that they were interested and I'd hear back from HR very soon. During the interview, I was told they really wanted someone experienced to take on more duties than the other "younger EA's." You'd think with that expectation, that would put a more experienced person at the top of their salary meter. I got a call three days later from a recruiter that they were interested in making an offer. I was told she wanted to rush the process and I'd receive it the next day at the latest. After three days of hearing nothing, I followed up to hear that there were ongoing discussions because the salary she submitted to them was on the high end of the spectrum. To this day, I'm not even sure what she submitted. My expectations were clear in the beginning, so there should not be any surprises. She told me they thought it was 5k lower. Well, it's been 3 weeks since my interview, no one is responding, and my last conversation with the recruiter was they'd come back with something. I've heard nothing. It's really wrong to string candidates along, much less for weeks after an interview. My "recruiter" who was non-responsive from the beginning..she's horrible...took off on leave for the whole week and "passed my file to someone else" who is also non-responsive. Now, I'm told they are interviewing other candidates which is not kosher to do after telling someone they are getting an offer. At this point, a normal marketable candidate should be disgusted. I am disgusted and am no longer interested in this job. It is a real reflection on how they feel about their administrators to not live up to their promises, not take time to wrap up, not keep candidates informed, and also to not pay at the upper end of the salary for experience....when they make the money they do is crazy. They have new grads who negotiate salaries over 5k a year. It's insulting and I will have nothing good to say about this company. And, I know a lot of people.

Interview Questions

• Will you do extra work we don't expect from the younger administrators here?   1 Answer

Deals Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First round was a screening call with the recruiter, and focused on the resume and regular HR items. Second round was a telephonic round with an manager in the Deals Analytics role. The interview went from items in the resume, and focused on certain work situations, and how I handled them. Questioning went 2-3 levels deep with follow-up questions until the interviewer was satisfied. The HR contact was in touch throughout and made it a great experience.

The third round was at their San Jose office. An employee showed me around the office and took me to the room. Three half-hour back-to-back interviews were scheduled with 1 partner and two directors. The interviews were switched around at the last minute and I started off with one of the directors, then a partner, and then with one of the managers. The interviews were very friendly and conversational. The director focused on the technical aspect, and went deep with every question. The partner mostly focused on fit and moved very fast through the entire resume. The third interviewer evaluated the relationships angle, and threw me off track a couple of times.

I had to call the HR contact to get the result that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your decision was contrary to the groups’ decision.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Submitted cv and cover letter- was allowed through to next stage despite humanities degree. Then asked to take CEB tests, above adv math and adv logic resulted in me being eliminated. Have read they get rid of a large proportion of candidates using CEB tests, so be prepared.