PwC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017
2,524 Interview Reviews

2,524 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Nairobi (Kenya)) in April 2015.

Interview

The PwC interview process for graduate interns takes place in three stages: group interview, managers' interview and the partners' interview. This review is for the group interview in which around ten candidates are given several tasks to resolve as a group.

Interview Questions

• The group interview is basically an assessment of how one behaves in and works with groups and teams   1 Answer

ARCA Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

PwC was great during the recruiting process, up until the 2nd round of interviews, which took a nosedive. The campus recruiter that came to my school, as well as her colleagues that were with her, were an absolute joy to speak to. I went to an on-site recruiting event and the recruiter even paired me up with someone in the role I was applying for. That employee later grabbed coffee with me about a week later and spoke to me about the role as well as friendly career-oriented conversation.

When it came to interviews, I understood there were multiple rounds. The first round was in-person, and went well. The employee I had coffee with was my "host," and hung out with me until the interviewer was ready. The interviewer was very friendly was was mainly interested in my academic and professional accomplishments up until that point. The interview was very conversational, and provided me an opportunity to highlight the more important aspects of my history and ask some engaging questions. I felt very good leaving that interview.

The second interview was virtual. I still dressed up so that I could turn on my webcam, and I connected to the virtual meeting. I waited 10-15 minutes beyond the start time before the interviewer arrived late. Not only was he late, but his internet connection must have been weak, as he dropped from the call at least twice for more than just a couple minutes. He also did not turn on his webcam feed. He seemed irritated at the connection issues, and I felt that he was directing some of his frustration toward me, or believed that my connection was dropping.

Technical and punctual issues aside, the interview went terribly. It was not at all conversational, and almost exclusively consisted of extremely difficult and technical questions. Some of these questions I did not have an answer for, and some I did not understand at all. When asking for clarification, the interviewer kept his responses very vague and did not seem willing to help me understand his questions.

For the questions that I did understand, I tried to provide some context to my answers, such as providing examples of when I experienced something similar, details of the problem, and details of my solution. I also tried to make it conversational, and my answers were running probably close to 4 minutes. This was very welcomed in my first interview, but not in this second one. Eventually, the interviewer commented that my answers were running too long, and that he had a long list of questions he wanted to get through so I needed to reduce my answers to about 1 minute each. Imagine my frustration when the questions remained as technical and as difficult, but my responses were expected to be less than 1 minute.

The interview ended with him telling me he has less than 1 minute left in the call to answer 1 quick question. I asked, he muttered something but basically provided no insight and excused himself abruptly without any proper goodbye.

I sent out my thank you emails to everyone who helped me along in the process, but eventually received an email stating that I did not get the offer. Was honestly a relief, since it was my least favorite position of the others I was looking at.

In all, I loved most the people I had interactions with during the recruiting process, but the 2nd interview was one of the worst recruiting experiences I've ever had. It was quite difficult, awkward, frustrating and overall disappointing.

Interview Questions

• What inconsistencies have you noticed in your own work, and what have you done to address them?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC in July 2017.

Interview

Pathetic situation over there.... Attended interview last Saturday...went at around 10.00am waits up to 6.30pm ... Not even one round conducted for us... Please ask them before scheduling that how many guys are coming for interview when I went there only 6pannels are available but 140+ candidates ....and suggestion for Glassdoor guys ...please include a option called interview not happen under interview out come that could be helpful for these kind of companies

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Kolkata (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very good interview process & I didn't get the job but no regret as the interview was really very good & they select only the deserving candidates. Ca non arricleship doing or dummy candidates please don't apply here as u might get caught

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, it's standardised behaviour based interview, as well defined in their website. In about 40 mins with about dozen of questions. its quite stressed if you don't prepare well. you have to prepare enough examples from your experiences

Interview Questions

• can you describe a time when your have to deal with multiple tasks, and how did you manage them   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Very rigorous interview, you would think I was interviewing for an Executive level. All behavioral questions (15), I believe they wanted me to fail, however, I answered all to the best of my ability. I sensed from the start of the interview, they had already selected the candidate and this interview was a formality.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions (15) related to the framework, and one normal question at the end. Why PWC?   1 Answer

Assistant Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Copenhagen (Denmark)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (Copenhagen (Denmark)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was called in for an interview the next morning. I had a positive first-hand experience of the physical office environment and how well-dressed the employees were.
    The first part of the interview consisted of two senior analysts talking about PwC, how their corporate finance team functioned and why PwC Corporate Finance are the best. The second part of the interview consisted of the said two senior analysts asking out-of-line questions under the guise of wanting to learn "how I think". These questions ranged from accusing me of lying about everything from my grades to why I want to work at PwC. On top of all this, they even accused me of being desperate for a job (said the same people who called me in to interview a day after I applied).
    Overall, I had a very, very negative experience. If you're a self-respecting student with options, the Copenhagen office of PwC Corporate Finance should be beneath you. I do not regret withdrawing my candidacy shortly after the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you sell some imaginary company?
      Q: Did you apply for this position because you were desperate for work?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC in September 2016.

Interview

Online assessment via SHL online bestaande uit een inductieve, verbale, numerieke en persoonlijkheids test - Gesprek met Recruiter en Partner. Hierbij ging het vooral om persoonlijke ervaringen, met veel terugkoppelingen naar situaties bij vorige werkgevers en hoe hiermee is omgegaan.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my campus career site. I went to a meet and greet where none of the employers seems interested to be there. Very bad vibe. My interview was with a partner who had been there for 27 years and seemed to write me off the second he saw me. Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Firm sponsored NYC AnalyticsWeek event. I met manager1 there who was hired as a manager right out of undergraduate school with no previous management work experience (this will be important later). It took a few months of writing to PWC people via linkedin citing manager1 by name to get a call from HR recruiter1. She asked me to apply for the jobs she is emailing me that were in a unit I never apply to for a job I had no background in. It was clear she was trying to meet her quota. Not wanting to upset HR recruiter1, I applied at both the manager and sr. associate level. Later on, I noticed the manager level job had been canceled. Even though I had more work experience and more college degrees than manager1 I met at AnalyticsWeek, I was being considered for a junior-level job. HR recruiter1 arranged for a phone interview with manager2 who called on his cellphone. The call kept dropping. Finally, he called on his landline phone. He asked me if I could come into visit PWC at the NYC office and since I was already in NYC, I agreed. Got in-person interview with manager3 and director1 scheduled for a few weeks later. When I was being escorted to the interview room, I noticed a large table of food in the hallway. There was a banana in the interview room. Manager3, former senior manager at a higher ranked consulting firm, asked me questions about skills I did not have, and told me he was referring my resume to the financial unit. He told me to ask the secretary to call director1. Director1, formerly from the world’s largest technology corporation, was not impressed that I had read all of his patents and I understood his inventions. At least I showed up to the interview prepared. He escorted me back to the reception area and I noticed the table of food had disappeared from the hallway. Later that afternoon, HR recruiter2 emailed me asking if I can talk with partner1 the next day on the phone. She did not realize manager3 had just turned me down by telling me he was referring my resume to the financial unit. I agreed to talk with partner1 the next day on the phone. He was not enthusiastic and told me the job requires a lot of travel. I told him I love to travel. The call lasted about 10 mins. I sent a thank you note and never heard back. I later learned he resigned. Sent out more linkedin emails citing manager1 and got another interview with partner2 who tried to look like a millennial (spiked hair), but millennials don’t wear $5,000 Armani designer suits so his act failed. I asked him what I would be doing in the first 90 days on the job, and he said I would be in training. He failed to see me as an experienced professional despite my 2-page resume.

Interview Questions

• He referred me to partner3. Met with that person a few weeks later and partner3 liked my background, but could not figure out where I would fit. Sent emails to university alums working at PWC. Only one person at the partner level responded and all she did to write to HRrecruiter2. I did mention to that partner that none of my interviewers were women. Next interview was supposed to be with partner4, but he disappeared from his office and his secretary had me interviewed with manager4. She came out looking like she scrubs floors for a living wearing jeans, t-shirt and sneakers. She asked exactly the same questions manager2 asked, and by this time I had gone through a demo of the software application so I explained that I understood the software application, but had not used it in the work environment. After that I left the building and sent her a thank you note the next day. I was very happy PWC finally turned me down. The interviewers were not impressive and I would not have been happy working at the sr. associate level when others were hired at the manager level right out of undergraduate college.   1 Answer