PwC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

6,075 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

First I had a brief phone interview. Then they flew me out to Columbia, SC. The in office interview was mostly behavioral questions. There were three interviewers broken down in 30 min sessions. They first gave a overview presentation.

Summer Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Recruited for the Summer Leadership program, and the entire process was very positive. I had two rounds of interviews- one in-person (on-campus) and one virtual with two different people from the firm. The Elevate Summer Leadership program was awesome, and afterwards the firm really made you feel wanted and welcome. After I got the offer, I received a lot of support from members of the firm, and the dinner/BBQ made me feel really welcome and invited into the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The total interview process was pretty nice and very respectful. It was a 30 mins interview, and most of the questions they asked were not very hard to answer. I did not really adjust the pace to answer those questions. I took too long time to answer one question, and it was getting a little bit hurry to go through all of the questions later.
    Good luck with everyone who is interested! Great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What is the three most common review that people usually give you?   1 Answer

Sr. Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Columbia, SC) in June 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone screening interview with HR and was immediately scheduled to the final interview in the Columbia office. PwC scheduled the flights and hotel stay, was very communicative, and well-organized. The interview itself was very fun and enjoyable. There was a group of six of us, and luckily everyone was great and we all got along well (which was perfect for the group interview session).

The interview started with a 30-minute introduction of the firm and then we moved on to the one-on-one interviews. The first interview with Norm went great. He had a much different approach than the typical interviewer and I really enjoyed interacting with him. With the second one-on-one, it was clear that the woman who interviewed me had no concept of my background and was not prepared for the interview at any level - making one of the most uncomfortable and awkward interviews I've had.

We were brought back together in a conference room where we had a "case study" to work on together. It was not at all how I anticipated it to go as we were only just asking questions individually and never had a chance to actually work together. Maybe we missed something here.... When that concluded, a staff panel came in to ask us questions (in no particular order) and that was also very enjoyable and easy going. I was notified of an offer a week later.

Overall it was a great interview and I really enjoyed all the staff whom I met at the office that day (minus the second interviewer). I declined the offer because 1) I had other great time-sensitive offers that needed response before PwC got back to me, 2) from my brief experience, Columbia seems impossible to access by plane (as both my flights to and from Columbia were cancelled due to maintenance issues), and 3) no one I met while in Columbia actually liked living in Columbia.

Interview Questions

• How do you give and receive immediate feedback/criticism to/from your co-workers and bosses   Answer Question
    • Explain each moment in your CV where you pivoted and made a change   Answer Question

IFS Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

All was conducted via phone. Extremely painless and actually enjoyed having conversation with the people I would be working with, and I was able to get to know the feel of the working environment, which was a concern of mine as this was a virtual role.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upper level executive telling you that your calculations or findings are wrong when you know for a fact that they're correct?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Interview

It was highly efficient and the people were very easy to talk to. It was a relaxed but professional interview that gave a good indication of the people and work I would encounter.

Elevate Interview

Interview

I applied the program through the campus recruiting website in Los Angeles. The whole process took 2 months. there were two rounds of interviews. Both interviews are behavioral. The second interview is a virtual interview

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through school. I went to events held by pwc. I met many pwc people, pre interview dinner met the person who interviewed me, got the offer, went office visit and now in the process of deciding between the big 4 (i got accepted to all 4)

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Three-stage process with manager, director, and partner from line of service and specialty group applied for-discuss various dimensions (i.e., whole leadership, relationships, global acumen, etc.). Other parts of the discussion was very conversational to determine fit within the overall team.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the greatest challenges you faced while working on a team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Very relaxed, behavioral questions about yourself and how you handle situations, one round, then if accepted another 30 min round. Manager or partner interviews. Write Thank you letters. Ask questions after interview.