PwC Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,071 Interview Reviews

2.9

2,071 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through online portal and was emailed to set up a virtual interview. On interview day talked with a campus recruiter, he asked three questions and then told me I'd hear back in a week. Questions were simple, yet I received a rejection email 5 days later. I don't understand how a company can rule you out by asking questions that require one sentence answers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a colleague was divulging client information?   1 Answer

Transfer Pricing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The first was a screening interview with a campus recruiter which had standard behavioral questions. The second round was with a partner of the firm and asked more about my experiences and knowledge of the business area.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

It was casual over the phone. Some technical questions in person. I was interviewed by an MD, a manager and 2 senior managers. Had lunch with a Senior Associate. The people were great. The they do work was unimpressive to me. They do not do any quantitative valuations. The skills developed most likely will not be transferable to outside Big 4 valuation work.

ARCA Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

PwC was great during the recruiting process, up until the 2nd round of interviews, which took a nosedive. The campus recruiter that came to my school, as well as her colleagues that were with her, were an absolute joy to speak to. I went to an on-site recruiting event and the recruiter even paired me up with someone in the role I was applying for. That employee later grabbed coffee with me about a week later and spoke to me about the role as well as friendly career-oriented conversation.

When it came to interviews, I understood there were multiple rounds. The first round was in-person, and went well. The employee I had coffee with was my "host," and hung out with me until the interviewer was ready. The interviewer was very friendly was was mainly interested in my academic and professional accomplishments up until that point. The interview was very conversational, and provided me an opportunity to highlight the more important aspects of my history and ask some engaging questions. I felt very good leaving that interview.

The second interview was virtual. I still dressed up so that I could turn on my webcam, and I connected to the virtual meeting. I waited 10-15 minutes beyond the start time before the interviewer arrived late. Not only was he late, but his internet connection must have been weak, as he dropped from the call at least twice for more than just a couple minutes. He also did not turn on his webcam feed. He seemed irritated at the connection issues, and I felt that he was directing some of his frustration toward me, or believed that my connection was dropping.

Technical and punctual issues aside, the interview went terribly. It was not at all conversational, and almost exclusively consisted of extremely difficult and technical questions. Some of these questions I did not have an answer for, and some I did not understand at all. When asking for clarification, the interviewer kept his responses very vague and did not seem willing to help me understand his questions.

For the questions that I did understand, I tried to provide some context to my answers, such as providing examples of when I experienced something similar, details of the problem, and details of my solution. I also tried to make it conversational, and my answers were running probably close to 4 minutes. This was very welcomed in my first interview, but not in this second one. Eventually, the interviewer commented that my answers were running too long, and that he had a long list of questions he wanted to get through so I needed to reduce my answers to about 1 minute each. Imagine my frustration when the questions remained as technical and as difficult, but my responses were expected to be less than 1 minute.

The interview ended with him telling me he has less than 1 minute left in the call to answer 1 quick question. I asked, he muttered something but basically provided no insight and excused himself abruptly without any proper goodbye.

I sent out my thank you emails to everyone who helped me along in the process, but eventually received an email stating that I did not get the offer. Was honestly a relief, since it was my least favorite position of the others I was looking at.

In all, I loved most the people I had interactions with during the recruiting process, but the 2nd interview was one of the worst recruiting experiences I've ever had. It was quite difficult, awkward, frustrating and overall disappointing.

Interview Questions

• What inconsistencies have you noticed in your own work, and what have you done to address them?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

Not very pleasant attitudes. I was phone screened a week prior, then put on case interview via online live video, the interviewer's mic was not working and had to call me on my cellphone.

Interview Questions

• Why does your resume look like crap?   2 Answers

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

Couple rounds of the interviews. Nothing really complicated, just a general format of a Big-4 interview. However, I didn't make it on the final round. Might try to reapply in 1 year.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked to give an example of a situation when I had to complete multiple complex projects with a short deadline.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Total four rounds, including online application, on-site interview (group interview and individual manager interview), final partner interview. Group interview in China is usually a case study, 10 mins to read a case, then discuss in the 4-5 people group and present for 10 mins. Individual manager interview lasts around 30 mins, and normally it's behavior interview. The whole process last around one to one and half months. After the final interview, HR give the oral offer first and then send the official offer. The whole process finishes in around 2 months.

Interview Questions

• why audit? why PwC? career path? long term/short term goals   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and got initial interview through google hangouts. Just usual personality questions such as how did you do in teamwork, how did you overcome difficulties when you facing multiple deadlines.

Interview Questions

• -how did you do in teamwork.
      -how did you overcome difficulties when you facing multiple deadlines.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I applied through a special link on my university's career database. I then filled out a fairly extensive online application, as well as submitted unofficial transcripts. About 2 days later, I received an email asking me to schedule a video interview via Google Hangouts. The campus recruiter I spoke with was very professional and easy to talk to; this initial interview lasted about 30 minutes, most of which was spent talking about past experience. There were also a couple behavioral questions asked. He told me I would hear back in about 4-5 weeks. 10 days later, a campus recruiting manager called to let me know I would advance to the next round, which would be another video interview with a Tax Partner. She confirmed basic info, including that I would be at 150 credit hours before the start of employment, and gave me tenative dates for interviews & post-hiring events.

About 2 weeks after that, I received an email asking me to schedule my partner interview. The partner interview was mostly behavioral questions, but there were a couple technical ones as well. Be sure to do your research on PwC, the culture, day in the life, etc. Come prepared with questions that aren't basic. The partner interview lasted just over 30 minutes. The next day, the campus recruiting manager I'd been working with called me to confirm that PwC would extend an offer.

I've had a few different interview experiences, mostly with large corporations, and never have I seen the entire process handled so gracefully and professionally. The fact that PwC, and especially the Campus Recruiting team, manages to do this when there are so many different parties involved speaks highly of them as a company.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw/heard one of your co-workers releasing confidential client information?   4 Answers

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an invitation the next day for an initial virtual interview through Google Hangouts with a recruiter. Behavioral and situational questions. Notified 3 weeks later that all the candidates they interviewed couldn't be invited to final round interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle large sets of data?   1 Answer