PwC Associate Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Associate Advisory Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.9

335 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in January 2016.

Interview

Very professional and efficient. Started with a phone screen with a recruiter. Caught a little off guard because he asked my current salary, but other than that it was pretty straight forward. Second round was another phone interview with a manager. This one was more technical, but also talked about the work environment and project plan. Final round was an in-office series of interviews with director and partner types. A few technical questions, but mostly this felt like just a confirmation that it was a good fit from both their end and my end. Got the offer a couple days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered more than I was expecting, so I did not feel the need to negotiate.

Summer Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who shared basic information about the hiring process and specific details about the position over the phone. She set up two 45-minute phone interviews with directors in the department. These were behavioral interviews, so each interviewer asked me to describe certain scenarios in the past and to answer a few hypothetical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at something or experienced difficulty, and describe how you were able to over come the challenge.   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

The interview questions were around Program & Portfolio skill knowledge (e.g., Schedule Management, Dependency Management, Risk & Issue Management and Program Integration), experience leading teams what I'm looking for in my career. The interview process has changed since I joined as PwC has established a new framework on how employees are evaluated at the end of each performance year.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Describe your leadership style? What traits make a good leader?
      Q2: How do you effectively manage teams?
      Q3: What experience do you have in Program & Portfolio Management?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

3 phone interviews, 2 with HR and 1 with someone in the advisory field. Took a total of one month. HR was very thorough and told me everything I did wrong. Was not a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First round phone interview with recruiter. Second round with manager on phone (behavioral). Third round flown out for super day which was just one behavioral and one case. They sent the case 48 hours before the interview so you have time to study. Process was slightly unorganized and I was not impressed with my behavioral interviewer. He grilled me on my knowledge of the pharma industry (applied as generalist) and what my favorite podcasts were (he went to a rival LAC which i think might have been why).

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

MBA on campus recruiting - 2 first round interviews that were just behavioral. Then 2nd round was in Chicago for CIPS - Customers. Interviewed with head of CIPS customer, a director and a manager. The case was emailed out 23 hours ahead of interview, could research on internet and more or less guess the slides you would need to make. You only had to answer 1 or more of the questions they gave you on the day (choose the most important factors and at least some quant analysis if possible).

Interview Questions

• What is one reason PwC would regret hiring you. How would you manage hostile client?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview at NYU career fair, second round at office. Find round I met a manager, a director and the partner. Very concersational interview. Be prepared to ask them questions. Good questions make you stand out.

Interview Questions

• Call option payoff structure. Relationship of spot rate and forward rate   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Advisory Analytics group. TL;DR: Lots of fit questions. Enjoy yourself and have fun getting to know the people in the office and in your interviews.

First round: on campus, two 30 minute behavioral interviews with PwC managers.

Be very familiar with your resume, and know what your critical points are for each section. Think of it as structured conversation. Talk lightly, but have a point to what you're saying. There are a few behavioral questions that may relate to technical challenges you've faced, working in groups, ethical scenarios, etc. There was plenty of time to chat at the end, so have questions ready, and feel free to talk about what interests you with respect to your interviewers' work, PwC, general trends in the area you're applying for, etc. Conversational skills are good.

Intermission: Case overview packet sent via email, 48 hours prior to second round. You may do research and take notes, but you may not prepare (hand-drawn) slides prior to arriving at the site. The case is a few pages long, and includes an industry overview, a description of major players in the case, and a description of the problem being faced, along with some expected challenges. It also has a page or two of appendices for background.

Second round: PwC office, 1 30-45 minute case interview, 1 30-45 minute behavioral, both with director level or above. You'll also have an associate or senior associate that's your buddy for your time at the office. They're fun to talk to, and definitely a good source of info on office culture and engagement experience.

Case:

You have 45 minutes to draw a paper deck to go along with your case interview. It's done as a roleplay, where you're the PwC engagement leader, making a proposal to an executive at the potential client firm. Great place to showcase your analytical and problem-solving abilities, presentation skills, organizational skills, etc. Know what story you're going to tell when you go in for the case. There was time afterwards to talk, ask questions, etc. Have some idea of what your hobbies are, what you like to do in your free time.

Behavioral:

Much the same as the first round. Again, lots of fit questions, and the usual resume walkthrough.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

First around behavioral and second round case interview plus behavioral. The whole process is very pleasant interviewers are all very nice. They focus on the global acumen business acumen and tech acumen. Be sure to prepare for these questions.

Cyber Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

3 behavioral interviews and 1 case interview. Behavioural interviews had mostly situational questions and a few technical questions based on your previous exeperience. The case was cyber security related. How you approach the case is important, don't get carried away by the technicalities. All my interviewers were pretty friendly, except maybe the case which didn't go too well for me.