PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.9

341 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview at NYU career fair, second round at office. Find round I met a manager, a director and the partner. Very concersational interview. Be prepared to ask them questions. Good questions make you stand out.

Interview Questions

• Call option payoff structure. Relationship of spot rate and forward rate   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for the Advisory Analytics group. TL;DR: Lots of fit questions. Enjoy yourself and have fun getting to know the people in the office and in your interviews.

First round: on campus, two 30 minute behavioral interviews with PwC managers.

Be very familiar with your resume, and know what your critical points are for each section. Think of it as structured conversation. Talk lightly, but have a point to what you're saying. There are a few behavioral questions that may relate to technical challenges you've faced, working in groups, ethical scenarios, etc. There was plenty of time to chat at the end, so have questions ready, and feel free to talk about what interests you with respect to your interviewers' work, PwC, general trends in the area you're applying for, etc. Conversational skills are good.

Intermission: Case overview packet sent via email, 48 hours prior to second round. You may do research and take notes, but you may not prepare (hand-drawn) slides prior to arriving at the site. The case is a few pages long, and includes an industry overview, a description of major players in the case, and a description of the problem being faced, along with some expected challenges. It also has a page or two of appendices for background.

Second round: PwC office, 1 30-45 minute case interview, 1 30-45 minute behavioral, both with director level or above. You'll also have an associate or senior associate that's your buddy for your time at the office. They're fun to talk to, and definitely a good source of info on office culture and engagement experience.

Case:

You have 45 minutes to draw a paper deck to go along with your case interview. It's done as a roleplay, where you're the PwC engagement leader, making a proposal to an executive at the potential client firm. Great place to showcase your analytical and problem-solving abilities, presentation skills, organizational skills, etc. Know what story you're going to tell when you go in for the case. There was time afterwards to talk, ask questions, etc. Have some idea of what your hobbies are, what you like to do in your free time.

Behavioral:

Much the same as the first round. Again, lots of fit questions, and the usual resume walkthrough.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

First around behavioral and second round case interview plus behavioral. The whole process is very pleasant interviewers are all very nice. They focus on the global acumen business acumen and tech acumen. Be sure to prepare for these questions.

Cyber Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

3 behavioral interviews and 1 case interview. Behavioural interviews had mostly situational questions and a few technical questions based on your previous exeperience. The case was cyber security related. How you approach the case is important, don't get carried away by the technicalities. All my interviewers were pretty friendly, except maybe the case which didn't go too well for me.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was fast and smooth. I applied to a role, had completed all of my interviews within the same week, and had an offer letter the next week. The recruiter was fairly responsive and helpful, but wasn't crystal clear on exactly where I would be based. The directors/partners I interviewed with were able to answer any and all of my questions, and accurately described the role I now have.

Technology Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied using campus recruiting. First round consisted of two interviews for me. Got invited to the final round on site consisting of one partner behavioral interview and one director case interview.
    There is one interview that asks you the smallest details on your resume. Be prepared! I think it is supposed to be a stress interview when the interviewer is constantly looking at his watch, and really tried to grill you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (asked in both 1st round and final round).
      Behavioral questions are not too bad
      Case Problem: be sure to read the problem. The case asks you to present a proposal but not simply answering the case questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was selected for an interview through campus recruiting. First round was 2 30 minute interviews. One was technical the other behavioral. Round 2 consisted of a case interview and another behavioral interview. The case interview consisted of putting together a presentation in 45 minutes and then presenting to your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group and someone was not pulling their weight?

Give me you elevator pitch.   1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an on campus interview first with two behavioral interviews (one about technical skills from work/school and one about your leadership and team skills). Next, we were invited to a final round with one behavioral and one case study interview. I did not interview with anyone from the area I was interested in nor did anyone know anything about the recruiting process that I interviewed with. No one seemed to know what the recruitment process looked like but said a recruiter would be in contact. Very vague. Just being specific with the interview questions and knowing the case study helps a lot. I received a call a few days after the final round saying they are not hiring for management consultants currently because they filled the positions from interns so the entire process was a waste of time. Not sure why they are interviewing if they are not hiring for the position. Would have been fine with just a "no" answer rather than letting me know I wasted my time. Seemed extremely unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a detailed project or task?   Answer Question

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved three phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews. I was well received in all but one interview and really enjoyed most of the people I met. I think my interview with the manager was agenda driven and competitive. I received a lot of unsolicited background information on her career that was not requested. I'm not sure if our personality would have meshed well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you exceeded expectations? How do you represent your agency brand as a professional? How do you advocate for use of SharePoint or similar technology within your agency?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was good, they are friendly, case interview and behavioral. Both were nice. Office is quite good in Chicago. The partner takes case interview and the director takes the behavioral one. So it is good.

Interview Questions

See What PwC Employees Are Saying

IFS

StarStarStarStarStar   Former IFS Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros: “- Amazing resources - Stress about firm budget very rarely impacts employees (versus smaller firms, who very tightly monitor expenses, travel, software investments, etc.) which really...”“- Amazing resources - Stress about firm budget very rarely impacts employees (versus smaller firms, who very tightly monitor expenses, travel, software investments, etc.) which really allows you to focus on giving your best - Work perks abound, including health perks, gifts, and spot bonuses - Though it is very hierarchal, depending on your group you can contribute ideas and have them move very quickly into reality - Amazing work experience; you sink or swim, but if you're swimming, you're learning so much so quickly and really are enabled to be at the top of your field - Cell phone paid for, which is wonderful with the expectation of periodic messages outside of hours...I don't think it's fair when other firms expect you to distribute your personal number and install a bunch of work-related apps on your personal phone - If you can find time to take PTO, it's a lot easier to find support covering your projects than it is at smaller firms - Colleagues are incredibly smart - Good benefits and excellent holiday/leave policies - Recently brought all of the member firms throughout all the countries together, operating as one PwC, which was long overdue” – Full Review