PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

Technology Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied using campus recruiting. First round consisted of two interviews for me. Got invited to the final round on site consisting of one partner behavioral interview and one director case interview.
    There is one interview that asks you the smallest details on your resume. Be prepared! I think it is supposed to be a stress interview when the interviewer is constantly looking at his watch, and really tried to grill you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (asked in both 1st round and final round).
      Behavioral questions are not too bad
      Case Problem: be sure to read the problem. The case asks you to present a proposal but not simply answering the case questions.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was selected for an interview through campus recruiting. First round was 2 30 minute interviews. One was technical the other behavioral. Round 2 consisted of a case interview and another behavioral interview. The case interview consisted of putting together a presentation in 45 minutes and then presenting to your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a group and someone was not pulling their weight?

Give me you elevator pitch.
      1 Answer

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an on campus interview first with two behavioral interviews (one about technical skills from work/school and one about your leadership and team skills). Next, we were invited to a final round with one behavioral and one case study interview. I did not interview with anyone from the area I was interested in nor did anyone know anything about the recruiting process that I interviewed with. No one seemed to know what the recruitment process looked like but said a recruiter would be in contact. Very vague. Just being specific with the interview questions and knowing the case study helps a lot. I received a call a few days after the final round saying they are not hiring for management consultants currently because they filled the positions from interns so the entire process was a waste of time. Not sure why they are interviewing if they are not hiring for the position. Would have been fine with just a "no" answer rather than letting me know I wasted my time. Seemed extremely unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to complete a detailed project or task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved three phone interviews and 2 in-person interviews. I was well received in all but one interview and really enjoyed most of the people I met. I think my interview with the manager was agenda driven and competitive. I received a lot of unsolicited background information on her career that was not requested. I'm not sure if our personality would have meshed well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you exceeded expectations? How do you represent your agency brand as a professional? How do you advocate for use of SharePoint or similar technology within your agency?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was good, they are friendly, case interview and behavioral. Both were nice. Office is quite good in Chicago. The partner takes case interview and the director takes the behavioral one. So it is good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus. There are all behavior questions. I was interviewed by two recruiter. And they asked similar questions. And let me to ask a lot questions. I think they may want the person to have more background about this position which called cybersecurity advisory. However, I did not have a lot background. So at the end, we did not have too many words. I do think the preparation of the behavior questions are pretty important and show the knowledge which is related to the job description!

Experienced Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for experienced associate position in cyber security and privacy. Got the call through campus. Had two rounds on campus one with a principal(behavioral) and one with a manager(technical), post which they flew me to Atlanta. Had two rounds at Atlanta, one was a case round(security breach scenario) and another, a fit based behavioral round with a partner.

Application

Interview

I applied via campus recruiting. First round is over the phone and is comprised of two behavioral sessions. Once you are selected to move on, you do a half day in the New York office. There is a case component during this section, but you have time to review case context in advance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were involved in a leadership role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied to an out of state office. I had a phone screening that lasted 30 minutes. She started by mentioning how great PwC is a great firm and a great place to start your career. The recruiter asked about my education and background and asked about details on my resume. She wanted to know why I wanted to leave my current employer, why public accounting, why PwC.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, phone interview, final round interview with a 1:1 interview and case study presentation. The case study was given two days before the final round interview and there were 45 minutes to hand-write a slide deck to present.