PwC Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

338 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IFS Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Typical interview, with behavioral based questions. Asked to give a lot of examples. Did 4 rounds of interviews and each one was easier, less formal. It really depends on who you are interviewing with, but great personalities and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when... etc.   1 Answer

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in September 2015.

Interview

I am an experienced resource who applied online and received a call very quickly (my skillset is currently in huge demand). The initial phone screen was somewhat of a mess and the recruiter didn't understand what she was interviewing me for very well. I followed up declining further interviews, as it seemed the recruiter was going to steer me into non-technical roles I didn't want.

I received another email from a different recruiter the day after declining asking me to interview for a different (more technical role). I accepted, went through 1 call with a recruiter, and 2 calls with Director/Partners that went well. One of the directors was bored and uninterested in the call that it was tough to keep it engaging. One thing that is weird, is their interviews always seem to be a half hour, I never spoke with someone longer than that. For the role I was interviewed for (technical) the most technical question I was asked was how my Powerpoint skills were, a little embarrassing to be honest. The calls were very very easy; they just want you to explain who you are, the versatility of roles you've been involved in, how certain project lifecycles typically work, etc. All freeform questions, little behavioral questions, and no use case or technical memorization questions. They really just want to gauge if you can take their off the shelf processes and recommendations and rehash them to different clients.

After these 3 phone screens I was invited into their office where they flew me in and out on the same day (no overnight stay). I was scheduled for 3 in-person meetings Managers and up. You're led into an area with a bunch of very small interview rooms, and you can tell that each interviewer is interviewing people in a row, maybe one each half hour without breaks.

During my 2nd interview I stood to greet him and shake his hand, and he wouldn't shake my hand. He sat and started saying how this was finally his last interview for the day, which I found mildly disrespectful considering I woke up at 5:00AM to travel hundreds of miles to meet with him. It's just not very appreciative. The 2nd interviewer did not speak english as a first language and wasn't comprehending something I explained to him. He asked a specific question two times in a row, and I asked him to clarify what he meant the second time. Instead of clarifying his question, he went off on me and scolded me for not answering his questions and wasting his time. He then exclaimed that he was "done" and snidely wished me "luck" on the interview process, then he left the room with 15 minutes left to spare.

PwC was my bottom pick for the other 6 companies interviewing me (being the least technical), so I just decided to go find the recruiter and politely decline my 3rd interview and that I was going to leave. When I stepped out I found the angry interviewer just standing in the hallway staring at a wall, it was very uncomfortable. I just left and enjoyed my last few hours in New York before heading back home. I was at their offices for roughly 45 minutes before I decided to leave. Luckily though, their offices are near Times Square, MoMa, and other great locations.

Interview Questions

• How are your Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint) skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Very quick - from HR interview to Final rounds to hiring was done in 2 weeks flat. Had the usual HR round, followed by a telephonic behavioral interview with a manager, then 3 face to face in office interview with another manager, a director and a partner. Pretty straight forward questions on how you would handle typical work scenarios and explaining your experiences. Also a couple of questions were technical to see if you really know your stuff. Pretty routine

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting process. First round on campus, two behavioral interviews (tell me about a time questions) with little discussion about business strategic problems. Was invited to second round week three days after the on campus interview. Second round was in the NYC office on Friday, including three interviews - case presentation with director and two behaviorals with partner and director. Behaviorals were pretty straightforward, and for the most of the time very friendly. The case presentation interview was a little bit intense with the director ask a lot of questions, maybe to push me or measure my confident. The day started with 45 minutes during which we got the case questions and had to prepare the slides - questions were mainly around general strategy. Got a phone call on the following Monday letting me know that I will not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Which area will your manager mention that you have to improve?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and had an initial phone screening and answered some routine questions. Then was brought in for an in-person interview with a partner, manager and director - all behavioral since I was coming from another Big 4 firm and fairly straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join PwC?   1 Answer

Financial Service Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC in August 2015.

Interview

Refered by a friend, and got a phone interview. It is very short and the interviewer sounds very tired. Just a few very basic question about my past experience and explain what they are working on. I have practice all these for long time. But it only take 15 mins around. I feels like he didn't treat me seriously.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

3 step interview process: 1st - HR, 2nd- a senior manager/director and 3rd - partner. It is a time consuming process, follow up via email will be beneficial. Background check will be performed as well.

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The initial phone round was professionally handled and smooth. Round 2 was a nightmare, with the process went quickly downhill. I had a F2F, where the interviewer entered the room 20 mins late, asked me totally random questions (the first round was way more organized and pointed), and essentially only talked to me for 5 mins.

Even worse was the fact that while I was sitting in his room, I could see a list of other candidates with names with a check or cross against their names. Ridiculous.

Maybe a one-off instance, but surely very off-putting. Made even more disgusting by the fact that they offered me a job later. I could have justified this behavior if they were not interested in me, but to present yourself like this to someone you want to hire is baffling to me.

Interview Questions

• First Round (phone) was mostly about data analysis questions, with other questions testing my business sense.

Second Round was a major ramble.   Answer Question

Interview

Straight foward, focuses on the PwC professional framework, which is found on the website.There was a mini-case for mine, but not sure if that is the case for all interviews. Really straight forward and to the point. Loved that part. Once you advance, you will have to prepare a case and deck to showcase to a partner, and also get interivewed by two others, usually director level and above.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in July 2015.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews. Both are not hard, behavioral based questions for most of the time. Both interviews are very conversational and involved a lot of chatting. The recruiter and people at the office are all very friendly.