PwC Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Senior Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.9

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

The initial phone round was professionally handled and smooth. Round 2 was a nightmare, with the process went quickly downhill. I had a F2F, where the interviewer entered the room 20 mins late, asked me totally random questions (the first round was way more organized and pointed), and essentially only talked to me for 5 mins.

Even worse was the fact that while I was sitting in his room, I could see a list of other candidates with names with a check or cross against their names. Ridiculous.

Maybe a one-off instance, but surely very off-putting. Made even more disgusting by the fact that they offered me a job later. I could have justified this behavior if they were not interested in me, but to present yourself like this to someone you want to hire is baffling to me.

Interview Questions

• First Round (phone) was mostly about data analysis questions, with other questions testing my business sense.

Second Round was a major ramble.
      Answer Question

Interview

Straight foward, focuses on the PwC professional framework, which is found on the website.There was a mini-case for mine, but not sure if that is the case for all interviews. Really straight forward and to the point. Loved that part. Once you advance, you will have to prepare a case and deck to showcase to a partner, and also get interivewed by two others, usually director level and above.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC in July 2015.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews. Both are not hard, behavioral based questions for most of the time. Both interviews are very conversational and involved a lot of chatting. The recruiter and people at the office are all very friendly.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Friendly people ..quick turn around. THe recruiter was responsive and the meeting with Senior Manager was via phone due to time constraints. Meeting with Partner went really well. Got offered lower than expected

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for a senior associate role on the advisory team, which consisted for 3 rounds.

Round 1:
    Phone screen with HR. They asked 3 basic questions: why do you want to leave, why do you want to work here and walk me through your resume.

Round 2:
    This consisted of a technical phone screen with a manager and was presented hypothetical problems and how I would go about solving them.

Round 3:
    Took place in the NYC office and met with a manager, director and partner. During this 3 hour interview session, I was asked the same questions that I received during rounds 1 and 2.

The proceeding business day I got a phone call from my recruiter informing me that an offer was on the way, but it ended up taking two weeks to receive the official offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

My situation may not be typical but it was still positive. I was referred for a position by an employee so i got a call from a PwC recruiter to kick off the process.
    The recruiter was predominately the cheerleader who talked up the companies reputation and benefits. Next step was a phone screen by my future manager and future director. I passed that step and had to interview face to face with the project partner. I'm told typically it is the opposite ( in person with manager and phone with the partner)
    The project management team verified my experience and the partner was the final review to ensure I was ready for a client facing role.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

It was hard bet hard . Interviews was not good. Very tough . It was he difficult interview ever had . Also o don't know what else I can say here

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with Recruiter - she sent email about the position - then I sent her my most recent resume. She asked why I was looking for new employment - informed her that my contract had just ended.
    Next - she passed my resume on to the senior recruiter and that recruiter went through my resume and asked about my experience, what can I contribute to the position.
    Next - the Senior Recruiter passed my resume and information on to the Project Manager and that interview was great, she asked about my IT background, how the team would be structured and also what I could contribute as the Team lead.
    Finally was the face to face at the local office with a PWC Director and the PM. It went well and I had an offer within 4 days.

Interview Questions

• Why are you seeking a new position with this company. What can you contribute to this team?   Answer Question

Senior Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially contacted via email by a junior recruiter followed by a phone interview, then another phone interview by HR Manager with detailed information about Position and ball-park figure of compensation. Then 2 weeks later received an email from recruiter for schedule of in-person interview with hiring managers. The recruiter included the on-boarding packet. I interviewed with the Finance Director and Finance Manager.

Interview Questions

• 1) How I learn about the position
      2) Knowledge about CostPoint and Deltek
      1 Answer

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Interview

Had a very unprofessional exchange with the recruiter who contacted me out of the blue, set up and blew off TWO phone screenings with me in a row coming up with a last minute weird excuse at the last moment, and then ultimately, after I reached out to him to follow up, he told me that I was not qualified for the job. It's like OK... Well then why did you reach out to me in the first place??? They seem pretty disorganized and also rude.