PwC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017
6,058 Interview Reviews

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC in April 2017.

Interview

Online test - HR interview - Senior Manager interview - Partner interview. The overall interview is not hard as I had several internship during my college. I would say just be yourself and ask some quality questions. They are all nice people who just want to know you and see whether you really fit the culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this particular office? What do you know about the business line that you are applying for?   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment and had a 30 min phone interview with an employee. After the phone interview, I was invited to the super day in Chicago office. A few days before the super day (about 48 hours) I was emailed material for a case study. You could get familiarized with the case but wouldn't receive questions until the super day. The super day started with about an hour to prep a presentation to answer the questions that they give you. Then, current employees walk you around from interviewer to interviewer. I had 3 one-on-one interviews, and presented my case presentation to the last interviewer (other candidates presented to the first interview, some to the second). Mostly behavioral, situational questions aside from the case. I got a call a few days later with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to work in a difficult group setting? How did you manage to succeed or work with each other?   1 Answer
    • What accomplishment are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Very formal and structured process. Best to start early and connect with everyone you can meet. There are also several rounds of interviews. First you may meet with an associate and then progress to management.

Interview Questions

• Normal behavioral interview questions.   2 Answers

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through school. Got notified about an interview a week later. Interviewed with a tax manager. Didn't ask typical interview questions, made the interview very informal. Brought up controversial topics involving PwC. Wanted to see if I could take command in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience.

Didn't ask typical interview questions, was more conversational. Wanted me to ask more questions about the firm.

Prepare 5-10 PwC specific questions before hand   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews, each 45-1 hour long. Pretty conversational in nature. The questions asked were personality-based trying to gauge your way of working as well as technical data analyst and BI related questions. Detailed questions were asked related to academic & professional background.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral & technical data analytics and BI related questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase

Elevate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at PwC (Stamford, CT).

Interview

This was the fastest process of the Big4. I applied online through my university and was selected for an online interview with a partner for the firm. It was 30 minutes and he just wanted to get to know me and also ask about some situations that I had gone through so far in college. I was notified a few days later that I had been selected to attend the conference. Very simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What do you do/ did you do at your job?   1 Answer
    • 5 words your peers would describe you as. And one they might say I can improve on.   1 Answer
    • Resolving a conflict?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied through online portal and was emailed to set up a virtual interview. On interview day talked with a campus recruiter, he asked three questions and then told me I'd hear back in a week. Questions were simple, yet I received a rejection email 5 days later. I don't understand how a company can rule you out by asking questions that require one sentence answers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a colleague was divulging client information?   1 Answer

Elevate Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I heard about the program through the recruiters on campus. First, in-person interview at my college campus with relatively general interview questions. Second, interview through Google Hangout which I have not had yet.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up-to-date with current events?   1 Answer

Risk Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Initially interviewed for an advisory internship in another office but didn't get that for some odd reason. Asked if I'd like to be considered for the assurance position I said sure. Interviewed with a manager and it was mostly behavioral and asked questions related to my resume. Next it was a final round with a MD. Really simple process as they really needed somebody for the position. I had 3 other offers so they were really trying to get me to come. Offered to let me come to the office so I could meet the team and they could take me out to lunch. The MD, manager, and another associate all reached out to me separately while I was trying to make my decision. I appreciate the effort, but I think they should relax a little.

Interview Questions

I've always heard that PwC was stuck up and it proved to be true during these two interview processes I went thru (advisory first then assurance). Ultimately I decided to go with Accenture: much more competitive offer and a way better security role.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

The Interview process is too slow . They take 1 round in 3 weeks and further update you the feedback after 10 days and that too when you follow-up with them. I gave 2 rounds of interview after the second round I was told after multiple follow-ups that they can't proceed further . I don't mind a negative feedback but atleast negative/positive they should care to provide feedback after the interview.

Interview Questions

• The Interview questions were not related to my resume. The interviewer knew nothing about my skill which he himself told during the interview but he picked something he had knowledge of . I told him whatever I knew , but I was not selected. I think they should get the interview scheduled with the interviewer who is knowledgeable of the skill set of the candidate , not the one who is free to take an interview.   2 Answers