PwC Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.1

HR-Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After passing the online test, I was given a time slot to reserve for telephone interview.
    HR people called on time and ask questions based on the sequences as posted in their website for interview questions type. I.e. Business leadership, business acumen etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to actively seek for feedback? And what do you learn form this as follow up questions.   Answer Question

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for PwC Malaysia, the assessment and interview were conducted in Pwc office in London. Assessment consisted of a written test and an online numerical test. The written test lasted for an hour with the following questions:
    1) correcting grammatical errors
    2) replying to an email to clarify your wrongdoings
    3) why choose accountancy as a career
    4) decision-making when faced with a dilemma
    The numerical test consisted of 28 questions to be done in 25 minutes. Not expected to finish all the questions, but focus more on speed and accuracy.
    Interviewed by the People Partner, lasted about half an hour.
    Received a verbal offer few days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy doing?
      Have you had any failures so far?
      Have you had any leadership experience?
      What did you learn during your internship? Have you received any feedback?
      Looking at the Malaysian economy and other ASEAN countries, what do you think can be improved?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone Interview - based mainly upon the PwC competencies, a couple of questions on each competency then a question on current business affairs. Hardly any use of CV provided just prescripted questions

Interview Questions

• Talk about a current business event you are following and how could PwC gain out of it   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruitment process is a joke. I applied for a spring week in a certain division. After being successful in the assessment centre stage, I firstly received a bunch of generic emails which began with "we regret to inform you..." which was confusing enough in itself, coupled with a complex explanation that the position I had applied for had now been filled and I had to choose something else that my application can be considered for, which tells you enough about the adequacy of the assessments I was given.
    Following the emails, I called their HR department and they explained that this was totally normal, followed by a call that I was successful the next day asking me to repeat the process I had completed when receiving the generic pile of emails. Furthermore, I was advised that there was no way to complete the background screening for the dates advertised, something that they knew when they asked me to travel 4+ hours for the assessment center.
    So to recap, I applied for a role for Spring and they offered me a totally different division for fall. This company is so big that they simply don't care about the people they recruit and treat you like a joke.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC? Why this business line (which ultimately did not apply at all)   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was relatively informal, asked me competency based questions and checked my commercial awareness regarding PWC (including the BAFTA scandal). I was really nervous so I didnt think about my answers carefully. Annoyingly, I still haven't heard back and its ben 3 weeks, so I have no idea if I have been rejected (most likely).

Interview Questions

• Show me a time you showed leadership skills?
      A time you worked in a team?
      What are your hobbies?
      Answer Question

Talent Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial application involved submitting qualifications, work experience, etc. Then there were a series of online tests. Following this, there was a phone interview which consisted mainly of competency based questions but was done in a relaxed way. Then there was an assessment centre that consisted of more tests, a group assessment and analysis exercise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good

Actuarial Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Highly streamlined process and stages did not feel drawn out or unnecessary. However, I was not given feedback on my final stage interview, which was frustrating given the time I had put into applying for the role.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

First you are asked to fill in a standard online form. Then you are given some standard numerical/verbal reasoning test. They won't get back to you before their deadline for completing quizzes (early January), so don't bother applying early, but if you're successful the next stage is a telephone interview, where they ask you questions based on their corporate values. My interviewer was rather rude and was interrupting me all the time!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you asked for feedback.   Answer Question
    • How do you make sure you stay on top of what's happening in the business world? Tell me of a business/economy story that caught your attention lately (excl. Brexit).   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to work with little guidance.   Answer Question

Economics Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

1. I applied just before the deadline. Had to answer 2 questions in the application and then complete a numerical and a diagrammatic reason test.

2. Telephone Interview. I have done one before and found the person to be robotic when asking questions but this time round the woman was very friendly. Mostly behavioural questions about teamwork, leadership, the role in general. Asked about a story in the news.

3. Assessment Centre. Had to redo the numerical and diagrammatic tests on paper this time. Written exercise where you are given a booklet of information and have to sum it up in a report on 2 sides of A4 (was about the music industry and 3 proposals about how a firm could expand). Group exercise - everyone given a booklet of information and then a different sheet of information about a particular investment and have to discuss which one is best against the criteria (was about coffee/tea/hot chocolate industry). Technical Interview - given 15 minutes to choose a question/topic out of 4 and prepare answers. 2 members of the Economics Consulting team then came in and asked me about what I had come up with and then asked me questions on this - lasted around 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• The question I answered for the technical interview was about a pharmaceutical merger and the impacts on the market and on consumers.   Answer Question

Strategy& Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online through submission of CV and cover letter.
    I later had an assessment day, which consisted of two 1hr interviews split personal experience and case study (one structured, one unstructured). Then a 30 minute written assessment and 20 minute numerical and diagrammatical tests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked as part of a team.   Answer Question