PwC Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.1

356 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Women In Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview based on PWC core values
    Assessment centre based on doing two tests- logical and diagrammatic and completing a report and then a group exercise where some basic calculations are required. Very picky on the group exercise when analysing- forgot to mention a point until at the end of the exercise and was failed for it.

HR-Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After passing the online test, I was given a time slot to reserve for telephone interview.
    HR people called on time and ask questions based on the sequences as posted in their website for interview questions type. I.e. Business leadership, business acumen etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to actively seek for feedback? And what do you learn form this as follow up questions.   1 Answer

Woman In Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

had to answer online questions, take a non-verbal reasoning and a verbal reasoning test. then after a while got a phone interview. One PwC related question but otherwise all were STAR related questions.

Tell me a time when you raised a concern with a colleague for inappropriate behaviour.
    Tell me about a time where you actively sought personal feedback?
    A time you've juggled different responsibilities or had to meet different deadlines?
    Tell me about a technical or complex problem that you have handled recently (there must be many different aspects that needed to be considered in the problem or task)?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you actively sought personal feedback?   1 Answer

PwC Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for PwC Malaysia, the assessment and interview were conducted in Pwc office in London. Assessment consisted of a written test and an online numerical test. The written test lasted for an hour with the following questions:
    1) correcting grammatical errors
    2) replying to an email to clarify your wrongdoings
    3) why choose accountancy as a career
    4) decision-making when faced with a dilemma
    The numerical test consisted of 28 questions to be done in 25 minutes. Not expected to finish all the questions, but focus more on speed and accuracy.
    Interviewed by the People Partner, lasted about half an hour.
    Received a verbal offer few days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy doing?
      Have you had any failures so far?
      Have you had any leadership experience?
      What did you learn during your internship? Have you received any feedback?
      Looking at the Malaysian economy and other ASEAN countries, what do you think can be improved?   1 Answer

Graduate Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview:
    Lasts usually 35-40 minutes. Mine lasted around 55, had a really good conversation with the interviewer.
    They give you time to think about your answers. Focus on competencies and understand what the role is requiring you to do/any qualifications you will have to study for

Assessment centre:
    Paper numerical (20q 20min), diagrammatical/inductive/nonverbal (40q 20m). Same difficulty as online.
    Group exercise: know names and make sure you express justification for your choices and suggestions as you go - there isn't a presentation/summary at the end. They just judge it as you come to your decision so make sure you say everything you want to say whilst in discussion with your peers.
    Written exercise: read a booklet (8ish sides) and write a 2 page report picking one of the three suggested scenarios. Justify using facts in booklet. Use rough paper to make a plan and stick to it - timing is tight here.

Partner interview:
    TBC.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with current market trends? Tell us about one thing that's happened currently.   1 Answer

Summer Assurance Interview

Application

Interview

Online tests and initial application pretty self explanatory. All help was available online both on their website and on others, found via research. The interview was a telephone one, with a considerate interviewer on the other end. They turned out to be very sympathetic with nervous candidates and made sure they were assured of the process to make sure that they perform to the best of their ability.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a task you conducted with little guidance   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone Interview - based mainly upon the PwC competencies, a couple of questions on each competency then a question on current business affairs. Hardly any use of CV provided just prescripted questions

Interview Questions

• Talk about a current business event you are following and how could PwC gain out of it   1 Answer

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruitment process is a joke. I applied for a spring week in a certain division. After being successful in the assessment centre stage, I firstly received a bunch of generic emails which began with "we regret to inform you..." which was confusing enough in itself, coupled with a complex explanation that the position I had applied for had now been filled and I had to choose something else that my application can be considered for, which tells you enough about the adequacy of the assessments I was given.
    Following the emails, I called their HR department and they explained that this was totally normal, followed by a call that I was successful the next day asking me to repeat the process I had completed when receiving the generic pile of emails. Furthermore, I was advised that there was no way to complete the background screening for the dates advertised, something that they knew when they asked me to travel 4+ hours for the assessment center.
    So to recap, I applied for a role for Spring and they offered me a totally different division for fall. This company is so big that they simply don't care about the people they recruit and treat you like a joke.

Interview Questions

• Why PwC? Why this business line (which ultimately did not apply at all)   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

It was relatively informal, asked me competency based questions and checked my commercial awareness regarding PWC (including the BAFTA scandal). I was really nervous so I didnt think about my answers carefully. Annoyingly, I still haven't heard back and its ben 3 weeks, so I have no idea if I have been rejected (most likely).

Interview Questions

• Show me a time you showed leadership skills?
      A time you worked in a team?
      What are your hobbies?   1 Answer

Talent Academy Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Initial application involved submitting qualifications, work experience, etc. Then there were a series of online tests. Following this, there was a phone interview which consisted mainly of competency based questions but was done in a relaxed way. Then there was an assessment centre that consisted of more tests, a group assessment and analysis exercise.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very good