PwC Management Consultant Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Management Consultant Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at PwC

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Atlanta, GA) in October 2018.

Interview

Received notification by email that I got a first round interview a couple weeks after application closed. There was a pre-interview dinner the night before the interviews where we had the opportunity to meet some of the people who worked there. The interviews the next day consisted of two 30 minute interviews one being behavioral and one being a case which was a 1 page scenario with discussion questions afterwards. I did not receive a 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• M&A case about an electronics company   Answer Question
  • Behavioral questions were all based on the PwC Professional - Leadership, Business Acumen, Technical Capabilities, Global Acumen, and Relationships   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Interview

Two phone calls, case, final in-person. They were very nice and supportive, and everything was straightforward. I was offered a position 5 days after the final round. It was all very well done.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Provo, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

Short case for first round, behavioral for second round. Pretty quick process overall, I think about 2 weeks. Three of us ended up getting offers, but the other two also got an offer at McKinsey, so they accepted that instead.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty much a classic case question around a telecom company.   1 Answer

Management Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

Applied online through my campus career website. Interviewed on campus, 2 behavioral interviews (30 minutes each), both with managers. During the first interview, I was told about PwC's "Global Business Acumen," and then asked to describe a time during which I worked with people of different backgrounds. In my second interview, the manager was extremely unpleasant. They leave 10 minutes in each interview for you to ask questions, so be sure to prepare.

Management Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Interned with PwC two consecutive summers. Networked with decision makers within Advisory; interview was straightforward. You must be able to convince and articulate your reasoning for wanting to be a part of the management consulting practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers. Try to get face time with managers. Be able to explain why you don't have an interest in audit or tax-based services.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral; no technical case questions. Did hear rumors that case studies would start being implemented into associate-level interviews in the near future.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer is hard to beat... the only way I could think negotiation may be possible is if you were offered a position at a bulge bracket consulting firm or investment bank.

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PwC in November 2015.

Interview

Submit online profile, then complete online tests. Within 5 minutes of completing the online tests, was told they would not like to proceed further with my application; did excellent on the numeracy and personality sections, but only average on the logical reasoning section.

A bit curious why they don't do the tests first, if that portion is entirely automated and seems to have the bulk of the weight. Unlike other firms, I discerned no human component between your filling in profile information, CV submission and answering short questions about 'Why PwC' (i.e. you can complete the tests ASAP, and feedback is also, as mentioned, ASAP)

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

It was straightforward. Exactly what I expected. Competency based. Useful to remain friendly and approachable throughout the interview. Being concise helped. And reading up on the organisation's current work - whatever they were in the news for - also helped.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about this teaching role on your CV.   1 Answer

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)).

Interview

The process was standard with an online test, an assessment center and 3 interviews (1 of which was a case interview)

The interviewers were all nice and helpful. The process could be quicker but overall I was properly introduced to all functions of the management consulting team, what we would be expected to do, opportunities and challenges on the job.

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

There are a number of stages - online application (your experience, your skillset, why PwC, why the role), online tests (numerical, verbal and personality), Phone interview (how can you demonstrate the PwC competencies through examples) Assessment Day (Group exercise, written exercise, and an in person test), and Final Interview ( competency questions, what do you want, why PwC, etc).

Interview Questions

• Can you demonstrate a time you showed leadership?   1 Answer

Management Consultant Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in May 2018.

Interview

1st round - CV screening
    2nd round - online tests (English, math, psychological questions)
    3rd round - on-site English essay writing test
    4th round - group interview. We were given a social issue and we have to discuss and then present as a group to the assessment team.
    5th round - interview with manager & senior associate
    6th round - interview with a senior manager
    7th round - interview with a director

There was no interview with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Management consulting is not as fun as recruiters and people at PwC advertise it to be. You will be doing a lot of mundane work such as translating. Are you still interested in joining?   Answer Question