PwC Management Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Management Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

3.3

Management Consulting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I interviewed for the intern position of management consulting. Applied in Jan 2017 and initially received a reject for the same. But in March end I received a mail from the same recruiter asking me to apply to 2 links she had mentioned in the email, one of them being the management consulting intern link. I had 4 interviews in total, 3 behavioural and 1 case interview. First 3 interviews went swiftly, but my last behavioural interview was with a lady who's a principal at PwC Boston office via Google Hangouts. She was absolutely disinterested in what I had to tell and was having her lunch while she was interviewing me. Also, she was late by 5 mins to join the Hangout Call. For every answer I had to her question, she kept making a face and had something to oppose it with. Basically, she broke down my confidence totally. If this is the way her interviewer would have treated her back in the days when was interviewing for PwC, I wonder how she would have reacted.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical case study given, but for practice the case studies on their website can be referred to.
    For behavioural, a little resume walk thru, and tell me a time kind of questions from office and personal life.
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY).

Interview

First round was phone call with HR which was very standard. Next round I was emailed a case two days beforehand and had to present over Skype for 45 minutes. Final round I was flown out to office, where I had two behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that concerns you about consulting?
      How do you stay current in the business world?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Resume Screening (are you a right fit, acceptable experience, acceptable grades),

HR screening (HR Person talks to you and figures if your a right fit)

3 interviews (quality interview, people interview, case interview) roughly 45 minutes each.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Gruelling two part interview. Round one on phone. Round two at NY headquarters. 144 national finalists for 44 or so positions. First part of round two was constructing a model framework from which to present our case answers. Second part was the presentation. Third part as a series of behavioral questions from the hiring partner.

Interview Questions

• Case study specific questions, behavioral questions. What should a particular company which wanted to expand do.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process was quick - met with a manager and created a consultation plan to present to another manager. Not much feedback provided and personality interview was not very personal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

It was defintely one of the most structured interview process. There were instructions and help in every step of the recruitment. The first round was general back-to-back behavioral interviews, but depending on your interviewer, there could be a case involved. The second round was a back-to-back on site interview that consists of one case and one behavioural interivew.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took a little over a month. First one was a phone interview and then I was flown to Chicago for in-person interview (1 case and 2 behavioral). I was from a non-target school.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

First round was a phone interview. There recruiter mainly asked me questions from my resume and 3 easy behavioral questions. My second round was in the Chicago office. This consisted of 3 interviews - 2 behavioral and 1 case. An overview of the case was given 48 hours in advance, and the day of the interview, you are given questions and you have 45 minutes to come up with a presentation. I presented to one interviewer - we were both sitting down so less pressure. The two behavioral were very enjoyable. I think they had a set of behavioral questions, but we ended up veering away from them and discussing other more, conversational topics. I don't think there is a standard set of questions we need to answer, just more of a potential list if the conversation doesn't flow. Overall, good interview and cool office.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university and through PwC's website for the internship in December. I was offered an on-campus interview in January, and then a final round interview in February. From the time of the first interview on campus to the time of the offer, the process was 28 days long. The final round interview was the best experience I have ever had interviewing. They were extremely organized and made you feel comfortable between the personal host, the personable interviewers, and the enthusiastic HR team.

In the final round interview called an office visit, there were two behavioral interviews and one case interview (each 45 minutes long). They give you the case 48 hours in advance and give you the official questions on-site. You have 45 minutes to draw up slides before you present. All three felt very conversational, which was something I really liked about the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time in which your exposure to somebody of a different culture helped you to solve a problem in a different way? Can you tell me about a time when you helped a friend solve a problem? How do you feel about project management?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online with employee referral as part of the campus recruitment program. The job posting had a clear timeline, of when/where the first round phone interviews and final round office interviews would be. Did not receive a phone interview, so I thought I had already been rejected. However I received an email invitation to the final round of interviews a couple days after.
    PwC flew me out to the centralized interview office, with transportation, hotel & dinner covered (up to $25)
    The interview consisted of 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case interview, each around 30 minutes. Everyone was very nice and tried to make you feel at home. Interviews were more conversational rather than going through the list of questions.

Case Interview-
    We were given a case to read/analyze 2 days prior to the interview, and then at the interview we were given the case questions and 45 minutes to make slides for a 20-30 min presentation.

Behavioral Interviews-
    Had a phone interview with a partner, which consisted of the general team building and why consulting kind of questions. Another interview was with a manager, where we talked about why I want to work for pwc, life as a consultant, and what I do for fun.

Heard back from them within two days

Interview Questions

• As a non business major, the case questions were definitely the most challenging: cost drivers, possible challenges... etc of a new business direction
      Behavioral: "How do you get others to work with you" "What do you do for fun"
      Answer Question