PwC Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

PwC Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (McLean, VA).

Interview

Contacted via phone and email by recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was schedule and the the recruiter called me as scheduled, however seemed unprepared: searched for a few minutes for the details of the position and who I was referred by before submitting the application, had not reviewed my resume based on comments to responses to the questions. Worst experience of a recruiter representing the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a new job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PwC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Very rigorous interview, you would think I was interviewing for an Executive level. All behavioral questions (15), I believe they wanted me to fail, however, I answered all to the best of my ability. I sensed from the start of the interview, they had already selected the candidate and this interview was a formality.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral questions (15) related to the framework, and one normal question at the end. Why PWC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Response to a posting online, contacted by local market recruiter, scheduled for a phone screen with a Director, and 2 Managers. Proceeded to office visit, consisting of interviews with several Partners in the office and HR Manager. Received updates from recruiting manager.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at PwC.

Interview

I was an experienced hire so the interviewers focused on fit within the group. It has been a long interview process as PwC wants to make sure that you are the right fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at PwC (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Almost like clockwork, I heard from PwC every 10 days to schedule the next interview. Everyone was uber professional along the way.

Three phone interviews (recruiter, Sr Manager, Director), two in person (same Sr Manager, Managing Partner). All were mainly conversational in nature, describing current and perceived role of the area being interviewed for. I was advised that - in the hiring process - they preferred more junior candidates at Manager or below.

While I received nothing but positive feedback, was ultimately rejected by a recruiter with no explanation. I requested constructive feedback, received none.

I left this experience thinking there a certain type of candidate they're looking for...and - despite credentials - was not it. A shame, as the person who referred me is a wonderful ambassador for the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred approach for solving problem x?
      I believe you may be overqualified for this position...?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Way too many interviews! I had 6 interviews before getting to the partner, only to have him tell me i needed to interview with someone else. There seemed to be a disconnect between the staff and and the upper management - in the Assurance group. The whole process left a bad taste in mouth. I decided to join somewhere else...

Interview Questions

• each person interviewing had their own approach. the questions were open ended. each interviewer had a different sense of what they were looking for in the position. the whole process was unorganized.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I went through a recruiter that works closely with PwC; they were helpful in providing me with the context of this group.

I spoke with two Directors and two Managers, and then a Partner via phone and video conference.

I then got the offer from the recruiter.

Manager Interview

Interview

1. Submitted CV online. 2. Online reasononing tests - mathematical, verbal and logical. 3. First stage interview, 90mins, competency based questions following PWC core competencies (search their careers website). 4. Second stage interview, 90 mins, 10 minute presentation on recent project, different competency based questions plus general interview questions - why do you want to move, etc.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have done things differently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at PwC (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Smooth and Easy ,
    Partner called and asked me about what I do and how can I contribute to company
    I gave all answers confidently and spoke truth only
    I liked the process

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience and technology   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PwC (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

Had a 3 step interview process. Initial rounds were qualifications. Second interview was in person panel interview. The third interview was with the project team Project Managers to discuss how I would culturally fit and discuss the team dynamics. There was no room for salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for what you want ahead time. After the fact it's hard to negotiate unless you have leverage.